Official 2016-17 Playoffs Thread - Wild Clinch Home Ice!

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
8:45 start times are fine with us Finns as we can get to sleep around 9pm and catch a decent amount of sleep before waking up to watch.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If the games are scheduled to start at 8 why is everyone saying they're 8:45 start times?

8 was never an official time, I think someone was guessing. Based off of past history, it'll be 8:30, which really means 8:45. (unless there's something I never heard)

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Does anybody know if we're going to have to watch the pukes on FSN do the first round again this year? The past couple years they blacked out the NBCSN channel and forced us to watch the annoying morons at FSN.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Not until the regular season is over. There can still be movement. I figured the Wild will most likely get Thursday 8pm game and like a 1pm Saturday game.

Its playoffs, so cue the central timezone teams getting bent over by an NBC that caters exclusively to the eastern time zone.

Fine, a few of you like it. In general, it's pretty ridiculous for the central time zone. No way to avoid me ranting about this one a few times this year. :laugh:

I work at midnight so any game going to overtime on a night I work means I'm probably ****ed out of seeing the ending live.

The All Tomato

Yeo, Yeo, Yeeeoooo
Jul 7, 2012
Minnesota
So happy it's that time of the year!

My wife and I decided to unplug this year and so we just have Netflix using our computer in our main room. Well, I can't NOT watch the playoffs (and I can't go to the local bar here in Seattle because the game simply won't be on) so I think I am going to order either Direct TV Now or Sling TV so I can watch and not have to have a contract.

My wife saw extreme worry on my face when I said I don't know what I am going to do...

She was like "Do about what...why do you look like you're about to cry?"

I said "This is the first year I may not be able to watch the playoffs."

Dodged that one fast.

I would say do either Sling TV or PS Vue. Sling TV is a little cheaper ($25 for package with NBCSN), Whereas Vue gives you more channels and DVR for slightly higher cost ($30 or $35 depending on which package you would choose).

I believe both offer free trials as well.

I have used Vue since last spring, and it has worked great!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sobotka expected to re-join St. Louis for the playoffs. Not really that worried about him.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
A dream scenario for the Wild would be to Beat Yeo in round one. Beat Chicago in Round 2. Beat Aneheim in round 3 in a game 7. Then Beat the Capitals in the final without Ovechkin scoring a power play goal. I know Brandon Mileski said something similar.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
How exactly do these Sling TV/Vue things work? Seems illegal to me :laugh:

They're essentially online tv packages you can buy without going through a traditional cable company. No contract, more options for channel packages, cheaper. However, sports quality / framefrate suck (at least for me on PS Vue). It's sort of like a netflix for cable TV, but with tiers of channels.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
They're essentially online tv packages you can buy without going through a traditional cable company. No contract, more options for channel packages, cheaper. However, sports quality / framefrate suck (at least for me on PS Vue). It's sort of like a netflix for cable TV, but with tiers of channels.

Hmm.... so is it sort of like doing a month-to-month cell phone plan instead of becoming a slave to Verizon?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
A dream scenario for the Wild would be to Beat Yeo in round one. Beat Chicago in Round 2. Beat Aneheim in round 3 in a game 7. Then Beat the Capitals in the final without Ovechkin scoring a power play goal. I know Brandon Mileski said something similar.

I'm ok with this scenario!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
sling tv package runs off your home internet (which i dont have). well to beat the blues we need to play fast with rockstar goaltending. anythings possible GO WILD!

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

The local wild games on fsn aren't blacked out on ps vue? I've thought about cutting cable but need to be able to watch my hockey.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I've had bad luck with picture quality on sports though with PS Vue. I have a wired PS4 with 50 mbs down, and the quality is usually prettybad. With NHL.tv, it's 60fps and clear. I'm out of market though so NHL.tv made the most sense for my hockey, I use Vue for just general tv

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I just the cord on cable and was lucky enough to use the extra money on getting fiber. I haven't had any issues with quality. :)

Side Note: They did just release a version of the Vue that allows picture in picture... up to 3 channels. It's pretty cool.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

I'd rather beat Pittsburgh 8-0 in game 7 to win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad