Recalled/Assigned: Official 2015-16 Roster Moves Thread | Leafs recall 3

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Now that Daisy has the injury thread up, figured I'd toss the roster moves thread up.

October 6th 2015: Leafs place Richard Panik on waivers for the purpose of assignment.
October 6th 2015: Leafs send Scott Harrington to Toronto (AHL)
October 7th 2015: Leafs assign Richard Panik to Toronto (AHL) after clearing waivers
October 7th 2015: Leafs recall Scott Harrington from Toronto (AHL)
October 22nd 2015: Leafs send Frank Corrado to Toronto (AHL) for a Conditioning Stint
October 23rd 2015: Leafs recall Bryan Froese from Toronto (AHL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
October 6th 2015: Leafs place Richard Panik on waivers for the purpose of assignment.

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
not that's it's a big deal if he's claimed which i don't believe he will be but why waive him instead of Arcobello

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
not that's it's a big deal if he's claimed which i don't believe he will be but why waive him instead of Arcobello

Arcobello is better.:dunno:

One guy is pencilled in on the second power play, one guy has been invisible all preseason.

Arcobello is going to be our next MacArthur.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

One guy is pencilled in on the second power play, one guy has been invisible all preseason.

What has Arcobello done exactly? I've barely noticed him...at least Panik was somewhat physical.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Panik could help the Marlies more than Arcobello (assuming he clears). He'd probably benefit more from playing in the AHL than sitting as the 13th forward.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What has Arcobello done exactly? I've barely noticed him...at least Panik was somewhat physical.

He hasn't been good in pre-season, even he admits it, but hard to argue the impact he can have even with very limited minutes looking back at his previous seasons. He's more skilled and we need that a lot more then someone that can sometimes throw a bigger hit.

Either way, neither have much of a future with the Leafs. Both are stop gaps at best.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Because you didn't see him in practice, this means he was no better than Panik?

If your going strictly from games then ok , Arcobello at least scored a goal. Their stats are otherwise similar. They signed him for a reason. They see offensive upside in him that Panik only shows once every 10 games or so.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

They've both done little to nothing in preseason and where do you get he's penciled in on the 2nd pp unit from ?

Kadri-Bozak-JVR-Lupul-Boyes-PAP are all ahead of him and you could probably add Grabner to that list as well .

I know some people have to agree with everything mgmt does but in this case we're talking about two very insignificant players so maybe just this one time you could deviate from just parroting the company line and use your own judgement .

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I know some people have to agree with everything mgmt does but in this case we're talking about two very insignificant players so maybe just this one time you could deviate from just parroting the company line and use your own judgement .

Leafs assistant GM Dubas signed Arcobello as UFA, while Nonis claimed Panik on waivers.

So if both players are considered forwards #13 and #14 on the depth chart than is Lou Lam simply doing the politically correct ;) thing not wanting to offend his assistant GM when deciding who should be waived?

:help:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Looks like Harrington was moved to the Marlies, at least for now.

McKenzie just said that you will see some players move down for cap purposes.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It was done because Horton still has to be on the roster until tomorrow when you can put players on LTIR.

Actually, Panik hasn't cleared or been claimed yet, therefore still technically apart of the 23 man roster. Once he clears or is claimed tomorrow, the Leafs can recall Harrington to have their 23 man roster.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yup. He's been inactive for about a month, so he got sent down to the Marlies to get his legs back under him and into game shape.

He can be there for a maximum of 14 days.

Part of me wonders if Lou will try and move out a D before then.

Well what I expect to happen is for Corrado to play today for the Marlies, come back up tomorrow for Montreal and again for Arizona, and if he impresses enough may try to move a defenseman before Gardiner comes back in a week or so (even if it's just sending Harrington back down to the Marlies).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad