OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Have my review tomorrow. Was supposed to be a 90 day review, but alas, it's a 7 month review. Anyway, curious as Hell as to what it will be like.

Also pushing for some Adobe training to go along with what I already know and use.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I might be the only person in the world that hasnt watch star wars or harry potter- never played or gave a crap about fantasy football-- never watched an episode of the walking dead or game of thrones.

Can't be with you on the Star Wars part, as I grew up watching and loving the original 3 movies, but I'm right there with you on Harry Potter. Never read a book, never saw a movie and not planning on doing so either.

As for fantasy sports, been playing them for years, before there were websites dedicated to them. Sucks now because all the sites dumb it down and make everything available as a list form, basically idiot proofing it for casual fans. It was so much more enjoyable when you actually had to watch the games to know who the good players were.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There are bad game show answers - and then there is this

25351917_10213872983751462_8218385702455441184_o.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Feel like I just completed an old man's Olympics.

Up yesterday at 5, shoveled, 90 minute commute to work, worked til 5.... left to get my daughter and take her to the Chris Tomlin Christmas show at the beacon theatre in NYC. Another 90 minutes in traffic, show starts at 8, ends at 10. Drive home get their at 11, pick up my son for an 12:30 am showing of the Last Jedi. Get home at 4, up at 530 ready to start the day lol.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I might be the only person in the world that hasnt watch star wars or harry potter- never played or gave a crap about fantasy football-- never watched an episode of the walking dead or game of thrones.

Wow throw blondes in there and you listed six of my most wonderful and beloved treasures in my life.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I match you in all aspects here, but I liked Star Trek.

Wow throw blondes in there and you listed six of my most wonderful and beloved treasures in my life.
Brunettes are best.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

haha, I can check all boxes on your list other than the original Star Wars and I`m almost sure I saw it in the theater and not since. Just not my thing.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I have only bought one gift so far this year. Slacking soooo hard on Christmas shopping this year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If anyone is looking for a way to kill time today, I've been writing about classic Christmas movies at Nerdist (the best one still to come).

Classic Christmas | Nerdist

Some classics there for sure Mike, still love Elf, hands down for me as my fav is still Lampoon`s Christmas, has it all for me, including the dynamic of the stresses and tensions family can bring

Reactions: Seidenbergy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have only bought one gift so far this year. Slacking soooo hard on Christmas shopping this year.

Not me, pretty much done, worked in the hospitality industry for too many decades where this time of year means time is the enemy. Bought my first XMAS gift for Mrs Odaat in August which was a suitcase for our Weddingmoon in March.

Reactions: JCRO

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
In unrelated news, my youngest (freshman in HS) has his first varsity hockey game tonight.

I can still remember taking him to "Learn to Skate" when he was 5 years old. He got hooked on hockey when I let him stay up and watch the B's vs Habs 7 game series in 2007-08, and hasn't looked back. I doubt that he will play past HS (except maybe a Men's League), but it has been a great ride so far, and I'm excited for the next four years.

Just to follow up on this, we played one of the better teams in our division and ended up losing 5-3 (ENG) after being up 3-1 with a minute and a half to go in the 2nd (gave up two bad goals in a minute). Even though we lost, I was actually happy with the result, as I thought we would lose by more (the other team had a lot more upperclassmen than we did).

My son got absolutely ROCKED on his first shift (welcome to high school). He was just inside our blue line making a pass. The kid was much bigger and it was a charge (and late and high), but they let a lot of that go in HS. I told him that he needs to be ready even if it is late. He smashed his finger in the boards and cut it (didn’t realize until in between periods), but kept playing.

He ended up getting 6 shifts in the game as the 5th D (I wasn’t sure he would play at all) and was the smallest kid on the ice. My wife was nervous every time he went out. On the plus side, he’s probably not going to get hit harder than that the rest of the season (knock on wood) :laugh:.

When he got home I cleaned his finger up. It was badly swollen, but don’t think he broke it. He told me he didn’t care if it was broken, he would tape it to another finger and wasn’t missing any games. The kid is only about 5’3” and 100 lbs, but he has stones the size of watermelons. He doesn’t back down from anyone on the ice, no matter what the size differential.

I’m so proud of him (and my other two kids). I need to remember to tell them that more often...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad