Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2018.jpg

:newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Happy New Year to all.

2017 definitely had some extreme ups and downs personally. Wouldn't mind a bit smoother of a ride in 2018.

It's a bit melancholy for me, as I love the holiday season; and this is pretty much the end of it. Plus, I think getting older, you realize another year has come and gone. But it always saddens me a little to ride through the neighborhood and see houses that have been lit up for the past month no longer are.

The good news - it's cold enough here (for a change) that the fireworks should be minimized.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Happy New Year everyone! It’s been a pleasure interacting with all of you and reading your insights to all things Bruins and beyond. I look forward to a great rest of the season and wish everyone the best, health, good fortune and happiness in 2018!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Happy New Year! :)

Just took Daisy outside. Wind chill has it feeling like 3 degrees outside. She is not a fan of the extra accoutrements. Actually the hat is just for pictures, can't get it to stay on. :laugh: But the coat goes on in this weather!
FB_IMG_1514775892292.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Happy New Year!

Love to all of my HF Family!

Be safe if you’re out and about!

I’m on my couch waiting to see how awful Mariah Carey is again this year.
She is terrible. I had to change the channel.

Happy New Year to all !!!!:newyear:

Stay warm and safe all. DON'T drink and drive.

Hopefully 2018 will be a better year

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Happy New Year to all.

The good news - it's cold enough here (for a change) that the fireworks should be minimized.

Nope....its 3 degrees out and I'm listening to them outside.

Annie Banannie is not afraid of them and is asleep on the floor. The dog we lost in June would be cowering in the bathroom by now. No fireworks at the Rainbow Bridge for Loki.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
^^^^

It's relatively quiet here, with about 20 minutes to go til midnight. It's 40F which around here is considered arctic, so hopefully it stays quiet.

I didn't catch Mariah, but heard the hosts saying she was great. Then again, what else would they say?

I did catch Britney Spears performing Toxic from Las Vegas. She didn't miss a note and sounded perfect. ;)

I have musician friends who despise how her entire show is lip synced. Seeing the one song, the choreography, costumes, stage design, etc. are all exquisite. And I imagine ticket buyers know by now all the music is canned.

But I know that's something a lot are put off by.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
^^^^

It's relatively quiet here, with about 20 minutes to go til midnight. It's 40F which around here is considered arctic, so hopefully it stays quiet.

I didn't catch Mariah, but heard the hosts saying she was great. Then again, what else would they say?

I did catch Britney Spears performing Toxic from Las Vegas. She didn't miss a note and sounded perfect. ;)

I have musician friends who despise how her entire show is lip synced. Seeing the one song, the choreography, costumes, stage design, etc. are all exquisite. And I imagine ticket buyers know by now all the music is canned.

But I know that's something a lot are put off by.
Britney being back and hot again makes me happy. It's like when David Krejci gets healthy and has an outburst of points. I always believed in you, Britney.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Starting off the new year wonderfully...with a cold. I honestly have myself to blame for it. The idiot cashier at BJs literally said, right after she took my card and pawed my food, that she should be looking for Purell but didn't want to inconvenience me....and I was the only one in her 10-item-or-less line. I told her to take her time and get some, and she did, but I guess it wasn't enough.

I should have listed to my gut and walked away then and there. I figured I could make it to the car, where I had some hand sanitizer from a few months back - ironically an impulse buy at CVS that was spurned by yet another obviously sick cashier.

Please, I'm lucky to be a hearty, healthy younger person, but for the sake of the elderly, young, and anyone else out there for whom a cold can be dangerous...stay home if it's at all possible. I get that not everyone can take sick days...or even HAS sick days...but isolate yourself as much as possible.

That said, BJ's butternut squash ravioli are a delight. Not quite worth even a mild cold like mine, but at least I have something to plop in my chicken noodle soup to make it taste a tiny bit homemade.

Didn't catch the Mariah suck-a-thon last night, but honestly...does anyone think she's going to sound live as good she does on an album recording from almost 30 years ago? Hell, even back in the day she was more of a studio artist, with the exception of maybe the first 4-5 years when she put out her Unplugged album. Her diva antics surrounding her performances are eye-rolling, but to be expected at this point. I did pop in for Britney, and was impressed with the dancing, and surprised that the cameras got close enough to show how obviously lip-synched she was.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Taking my mom out to a quick breakfast this morning. She's alone again since her companion passed last summer. She insisted it be after she goes bowling (shes in a league and actually a pretty tough opponent). Shes taking a cruise for her sister's 80th birthday in May...then shes taking one 2 years later when she turns 80. Grateful shes still so active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad