OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just spent 15 minutes on the phone with the Wall Street Journal ‘customer service’.

That and Barons has been delivered to my house every day for 2 weeks.

I never subscribed.

Left notes out at the box to stop delivering. No response.

Sent emails. No response.

So I call.
Can we have your account number? No, I dont subscribe stop sending it.
What phone number is your account under? I don’t subscribe!
Would you like to subscribe? No! Stop delivering!
Do you know if it goes to someone else at this address?. No! Stop delivering!
Ok, so you dont want to receive these any longer? Yes! Please stop delivering!
Ok .I’ll pass this along. Also we won’t charge you. Youre damn right you wont!

Jezzus!

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Just spent 15 minutes on the phone with the Wall Street Journal ‘customer service’.

That and Barons has been delivered to my house every day for 2 weeks.

I never subscribed.

Left notes out at the box to stop delivering. No response.

Sent emails. No response.

So I call.
Can we have your account number? No, I dont subscribe stop sending it.
What phone number is your account under? I don’t subscribe!
Would you like to subscribe? No! Stop delivering!
Do you know if it goes to someone else at this address?. No! Stop delivering!
Ok, so you dont want to receive these any longer? Yes! Please stop delivering!
Ok .I’ll pass this along. Also we won’t charge you. Youre damn right you wont!

Jezzus!

We had the same issue with magazines. You're pretty much in it forever with those companies.

I wonder if there was a check box somewhere that didnt get unchecked? Like...click here if you want to receive 8 weeks for free"...

Thats frustrating.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We had the same issue with magazines. You're pretty much in it forever with those companies.

I wonder if there was a check box somewhere that didnt get unchecked? Like...click here if you want to receive 8 weeks for free"...

Thats frustrating.

I have no clue.

They didnt have any record of me or my address.
But it is a pain. Me the Bride like to take off for a few days now and then and the last thing I want is the telltale sign of nobody home with a pile of newspapers.

Reactions: Kovi

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I understand everyone has their own story. Let alone their own troubles in life.

But I don’t find leaving your dog in the car for extended amounts of time ok under any circumstance. Even if it is 27 degrees out. Especially in the sun

That is all. Sorry. Had to rant. Delete if it causes issues.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I understand everyone has their own story. Let alone their own troubles in life.

But I don’t find leaving your dog in the car for extended amounts of time ok under any circumstance. Even if it is 27 degrees out. Especially in the sun

That is all. Sorry. Had to rant. Delete if it causes issues.

It’s downright cruel and irresponsible. You’re 100% right

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It was explained to me once that newspapers and magazines base their advertising prices on circulation. So it's not uncommon they deliver to addresses where the recipient is not a subscriber. An inconvenience for sure, but it's right on par with the mounds of unsolicited junk mail we all still receive.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Marriage sounds like fun.

When you love yourself fully....only then can you truly love another.

I could give you a laundry list of things that went wrong in my first marriage. But it all stems back to--I didnt love myself or feel worthy.

In about a year I will be on the opposite side of that. It's a totally different structure, and different me and different connection.

"Marriage is not for the faint of heart."

honesty--is absolute key. and understanding that Lou is part of the package deal

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When you love yourself fully....only then can you truly love another.

I could give you a laundry list of things that went wrong in my first marriage. But it all stems back to--I didnt love myself or feel worthy.

In about a year I will be on the opposite side of that. It's a totally different structure, and different me and different connection.

"Marriage is not for the faint of heart."

honesty--is absolute key. and understanding that Lou is part of the package deal
well said and congratulations once again with your upcoming new beginning. We just returned from Barbados, had a wonderful sunset beach wedding. Just me and now officially, Mrs. Odaat, had 0 family there, not because they weren`t invited as they all were but it`s a tough spot to get to quickly and her folks are in their 70`s with back issues, not conducive to a peaceful flight of 16 hours. Mrs Odaat and I have been with one another almost 13 years, there are no secrets and both of us had to do alot of work on ourselves before being able to fully be there for one another. One of my many rules of thumb are, if I can`t come home and tell her about something I was thinking of doing then it means I shouldn`t be doing it. My past life when I was immersed in an unhealthy lifestyle, I had a casual at best relationship with the truth and little concern or focus on how any of my decisions and actions would affect others.

Not the case these days, before any decision is made, it`s discussed with Mrs. Odaat and if she`s not fully on board with it, we don`t do it and vice versa. I still have more than my faults, difference is I now have the ability to apologize genuinely then NOT turn around and continue to do the same things over and over. Big year for us, wedding this week, she`s graduating from her College program in 6/7 weeks (she`s worked so hard, I`m so proud) then we prepare for our move to BC in order to be closer to her family. Closer to her family? That`s crazy you say, nope, they are wonderful and if I have one regret it`s that we weren`t able to be a bit closer to my parents prior to their passing. Not that I could have changed their health, but just to spend more time with them before they passed. Her parents are in their 70`s and still in very good health with a few minor issues and we now have the opportunity to be close to them so spending time with them is far more realistic.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
well said and congratulations once again with your upcoming new beginning. We just returned from Barbados, had a wonderful sunset beach wedding. Just me and now officially, Mrs. Odaat, had 0 family there, not because they weren`t invited as they all were but it`s a tough spot to get to quickly and her folks are in their 70`s with back issues, not conducive to a peaceful flight of 16 hours. Mrs Odaat and I have been with one another almost 13 years, there are no secrets and both of us had to do alot of work on ourselves before being able to fully be there for one another. One of my many rules of thumb are, if I can`t come home and tell her about something I was thinking of doing then it means I shouldn`t be doing it. My past life when I was immersed in an unhealthy lifestyle, I had a casual at best relationship with the truth and little concern or focus on how any of my decisions and actions would affect others.

Not the case these days, before any decision is made, it`s discussed with Mrs. Odaat and if she`s not fully on board with it, we don`t do it and vice versa. I still have more than my faults, difference is I now have the ability to apologize genuinely then NOT turn around and continue to do the same things over and over. Big year for us, wedding this week, she`s graduating from her College program in 6/7 weeks (she`s worked so hard, I`m so proud) then we prepare for our move to BC in order to be closer to her family. Closer to her family? That`s crazy you say, nope, they are wonderful and if I have one regret it`s that we weren`t able to be a bit closer to my parents prior to their passing. Not that I could have changed their health, but just to spend more time with them before they passed. Her parents are in their 70`s and still in very good health with a few minor issues and we now have the opportunity to be close to them so spending time with them is far more realistic.

Same.

Congratulations to you both!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Same.

Congratulations to you both!
Thank you, I`d post pics here but I don`t want the masses to make their smart a** comments about how I clearly have married up, hahah. Truthfully, Mrs Odaat has permitted me to only send to family and friends, she`s a private woman

Reactions: BMC and Kovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->