GDT: Off-Season Thread III - The Sound of Silence Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Am I the only one that just wants to go smash all of Holland's phones? He is likely going to tie up close to 10 million on Nielsen and Helm.

PEZZ

Apr 11, 2012
HSJ saying the Wings are working hard on bringing Helm back.

It's ****ing Hotel California.

If KH signs Helm and Nielsen to stupid contracts to just lose in the first round... I do want either of them.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
McKenzie saying the same thing, so decent chance we're ending up with Nielsen.

The entire league is moving towards the opposite of that, so I have no idea why people are so stuck up on becoming the Bruins from half a decade ago.

Thats less true then this, no good team or teams who want to be good sign franz nelson to a six year deal to be their #1 center.

Aug 6, 2012
**** this man. Can't wait to see Darren Helm playing wing on a scoring line all damn year. How the mighty have fallen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frans Nielsen is not what this team is missing. Not at all.

We need to diversify our top 6. He is literally more of exactly the same.

and bringing Helm back? Are you ****ing kidding me? It's enough of a joke as it is when he says "player x returning from injury is our free agent acquisition, BUT NOW THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO?"

Get someone in here at the helm with some fresh ideas. Please. For the sake of all of us.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Helm will be fine in a 4th line roll, but he will be in the middle 6 which hinders out scoring. You can pair defensive players with offensive players and expect it to work

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Can't wait to see how badly helm bends Kenny over on this contract. Hope nobody blames helm and starts hating him like cleary. Not hs fault Kenny is a grade a clinger.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nielsen + Helm do make our roster look much better (hard to imagine anyone disagrees with that), the key is what kind of contracts? 3-4 years for Nielsen is max for me to be happy, and Helm should not be above 3 million or 5 years.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I just do not get the point of resigning Helm. We have AA who is faster more skilled and cheaper. There is no reason whatsoever to sign Helm. NONE

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
We didn't hit an iceberg, we are slowly leaking and by plugging holes before we sink we may actually make it to land instead of ending up lost at sea /end methapor.

The iceberg was the combination of the drastic declines of Z and Kronwall and Datsyuk leaving. That's at least half of the core not being the core anymore.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The Hall trade was based on needs for the teams IMO. We could still potentially still package something to make it good. However, I'm not sure that the price will be good. I did ask which would you choose though...and not which one is realistic or not because we don't have a Taylor Hall to give up for a solid young RHD.

Trouba straight across for Jimmy Howard and Jonathan Ericsson. That's what I want. :sarcasm:

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
It is going to be a long day. I think I am going to take my pretty blonde out for lunch and see if she can distract me.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Can't wait to see how badly helm bends Kenny over on this contract. Hope nobody blames helm and starts hating him like cleary. Not hs fault Kenny is a grade a clinger.

What? Its helms choice, his intentional choice to resign im detroit, he should be lambasted at every turn until he asks to be traded.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Nielsen + Helm do make our roster look much better (hard to imagine anyone disagrees with that), the key is what kind of contracts? 3-4 years for Nielsen is max for me to be happy, and Helm should not be above 3 million or 5 years.

What the hell? No it doesn't. It's more of the same old ****.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
I'd like to keep Helm with the right price/term in bottom 6. Unfortunately that will unlikely be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad