Confirmed with Link: OEL Signs 8 year Extension (8.25 AAV)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Gotta keep in mind with Hedman's deal: He signed that contract before he put up a 72 point season and went to another level offensively. Before that season, his career high in points was exactly the same as Ollie's, 55.

Certainly within the realm of possibility OEL also finds another level offensively after resigning too.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
We have not seen the best of OEL. He is a marquee D in this league with unique skills. He gets exposed on a weak team because we have a lot of forwards who do not know how to play a two way game. This puts undue pressure on OEL.
When we improve, and I'm assuming we have an upward trajectory , you will see OEL play to his potential which is the ceiling is very high.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We have not seen the best of OEL. He is a marquee D in this league with unique skills. He gets exposed on a weak team because we have a lot of forwards who do not know how to play a two way game. This puts undue pressure on OEL.
When we improve, and I'm assuming we have an upward trajectory , you will see OEL play to his potential which is the ceiling is very high.
D partners Z/Murphy/Demers too, that will hold you back. Pair him with a healthy Hammer and see what happens.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sensationalist clickbait from Dreger. Morgan already said it'll be 8+ but in the 8 range. So let's just pretend it's 8.25 per year. Morgan would still be correct. Dreger says it's in the 8-9 range. So, if it's 8.25 he'd also be correct. The part that sucks about what Dreger is doing is where he's acting like 64m is spitting in OEL's face but 68m would be just fine. That since there's no chance OEL takes 64m, the Coyotes are going to have to trade him. It's nonsense. It's also probably going to be 66m with a NMC. Then Dreger will get to say "I told you so" when he's just full of hot air, and added nothing to the conversation that wasn't already part of the Morgan article. Dreger doesn't have any business sticking his nose in this. It's just a petty attempt to shit on Morgan and shit on the Coyotes. The Canadian media just can't fathom that OEL would re-sign here, rather than be traded to Toronto for Connor Carrick, Josh Leivo, and a 2nd round pick.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Just playing around- nightmare scinario: oel and Chayka can’t hash out a deal

Tocchet:
“I’d like another center, another top-five defenseman and a scoring wing, probably in that order.”

- Trade OEL to Toronto for Nylander (can play C/is a scoring winger)
- Draft Hughes at 5 (top 5 d)
- Sign John Carlson (replace OEL’s production)

Panik - Stepan - Keller
Domi - Strome - Nylander
Perlini - Dvorak - Fischer
Crouse - Kruger - Cousins

Chychrun - Carlson
Hughes - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski - Demers

Raanta
Keumper

rt

May 13, 2004
Just playing around- nightmare scinario: oel and Chayka can’t hash out a deal

Tocchet:
“I’d like another center, another top-five defenseman and a scoring wing, probably in that order.”

- Trade OEL to Toronto for Nylander (can play C/is a scoring winger)
- Draft Hughes at 5 (top 5 d)
- Sign John Carlson (replace OEL’s production)

Panik - Stepan - Keller
Domi - Strome - Nylander
Perlini - Dvorak - Fischer
Crouse - Kruger - Cousins

Chychrun - Carlson
Hughes - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski - Demers

Raanta
Keumper
I can live with that but I don’t think there’s anyway in hell you could convince Carlson to sign here. Unless you’re willing to give him something very close to the deal we offered OEL. Maybe not 8x8 but something like 7x7. Even then, I don’t know if he’d go for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sensationalist clickbait from Dreger. Morgan already said it'll be 8+ but in the 8 range. So let's just pretend it's 8.25 per year. Morgan would still be correct. Dreger says it's in the 8-9 range. So, if it's 8.25 he'd also be correct. The part that sucks about what Dreger is doing is where he's acting like 64m is spitting in OEL's face but 68m would be just fine. That since there's no chance OEL takes 64m, the Coyotes are going to have to trade him. It's nonsense. It's also probably going to be 66m with a NMC. Then Dreger will get to say "I told you so" when he's just full of hot air, and added nothing to the conversation that wasn't already part of the Morgan article. Dreger doesn't have any business sticking his nose in this. It's just a petty attempt to **** on Morgan and **** on the Coyotes. The Canadian media just can't fathom that OEL would re-sign here, rather than be traded to Toronto for Connor Carrick, Josh Leivo, and a 2nd round pick.
It's actually Dreger's job to poke his nose in this??? And i don't recall seeing anyone report an OEL to Toronto scenerio. Would they approach him if he was a free agent? Of course they would. I've seen more talk here of a Toronto trade than anywhere.

rt

May 13, 2004
It's actually Dreger's job to poke his nose in this??? And i don't recall seeing anyone report an OEL to Toronto scenerio. Would they approach him if he was a free agent? Of course they would. I've seen more talk here of a Toronto trade than anywhere.
Oh? Nothing at all spurious about his presentation? Regurgitating exactly Morgan’s article but with the exact opposite tone. Logic defying sensationalism.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can live with that but I don’t think there’s anyway in hell you could convince Carlson to sign here. Unless you’re willing to give him something very close to the deal we offered OEL. Maybe not 8x8 but something like 7x7. Even then, I don’t know if he’d go for it.

I think Carlson gets 7x7 regardless of what team. Coming off of a career year and the best RD on the market by far.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Oh? Nothing at all spurious about his presentation? Regurgitating exactly Morgan’s article but with the exact opposite tone. Logic defying sensationalism.
So now Morgan is the voice we judge others by? Dreger's job is to be an insider, he did just that with this presentation. He does it with pretty much every player in a similar situation including Leafs like Nylander and Matthews. If you don't like him simply don't read it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The only writer with his finger on the pulse on AZ is Morgan.

Take Dregers comments as more of a "it's not final; the number will be higher" which is "no shit" statement at best.

If Dreger is acting as a mouthpiece it's for another team that is trying to say that OEL is leaving $ on the table. I don't believe negotiations are as much contentious as they are collaborative. OEL has been surprisingly candid about wanting to stay. If numbers are where Morgan states it we are closer to a resolution than a trade at the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The only writer with his finger on the pulse on AZ is Morgan.

Take Dregers comments as more of a "it's not final; the number will be higher" which is "no ****" statement at best.
Dreger's comments were as much about OEL's camp and what they expect as they were about how AZ would react. I think he spent the last couple weeks rather close to where you might hear these type of conversations. That is still all meaningless though as essentially OEL is kinda in full control of where he wants to live and play for the most part and how far he wants to push it. And what's wrong with talking about how AZ will react if he pushes it too far??

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dreger's comments were as much about OEL's camp and what they expect as they were about how AZ would react. I think he spent the last couple weeks rather close to where you might hear these type of conversations. That is still all meaningless though as essentially OEL is kinda in full control of where he wants to live and play for the most part and how far he wants to push it. And what's wrong with talking about how AZ will react if he pushes it too far??
Nothing. I just think it's closer to done than Dreger. My opinion.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad