Confirmed with Link: OEL Signs 8 year Extension (8.25 AAV)

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
AAV is a little high for me, however OEL would easily command that if he hit the open market. The 8 years I am ok with.. overall I am happy to see a top flight player considering to stay in AZ.

Now get the pen to the paper

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
8x8.? is fine. He'd get $10M/AAV on the market...maybe more. Let's get er done!

Reactions: doaner

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Believe @SR was right on the money when he shared this info a little while back. Nice work!

Now we just need a Hammer extension and a nice bridge deal for Domi.

Reactions: rt and BigDoaner

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
5F0t1ad.png

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Believe @SR was right on the money when he shared this info a little while back. Nice work!
He was. And now I'm EXTREMELY intrigued by the second part of his post, the one where we're acquiring a single huge piece in a trade even bigger than the Stepan+Raanta trade last summer.
That makes it 66mil. His last contract was 33mil. I like the nice round nature of this. :)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If we ever want to win, the bleeding has to stop. Getting OEL signed will definitely be a step in the right direction. No matter who they could get in a trade, they'll lose. He's a top talent and still young. Lock him up!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
8x8.? is fine. He'd get $10M/AAV on the market...maybe more. Let's get er done!
I don't believe OEL would get anywhere near 10M. Let's be realistic here. The last two years he only had this years last 30-40 games where he looked like the OEL of old. $8 M is more than enough, but I really hate the term, for any player as far as that goes but I guess that is becoming the norm with the cap era.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't believe OEL would get anywhere near 10M

I don't think he'd get 10. But 9~ is pretty possible. Players of this caliber don't hit the market often, especially at his age. Hedman *before* he had a major break out taking him from top 20ish guy to top 5ish guy got 8 million from Tampa. On the open market with a bidding war? It would be crazy.

The last D man of OELs caliber to hit the market? I can't even think of one. Suter maybe? That was 6 years ago, he took a homedown deal, and STILL got 7.5M.

Players at this level really just don't hit the market often so it's hard to say just how crazy a FA bidding war might be.

The Tavares situation is gonna be insane, for example. OEL hitting the market would be less so, but it will give an idea of how it will go.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Great news!

Fantastic news. Hopefully he spends his whole career here.
I talked to some guys this weekend at the iihf world championship in Copenhagen. The same guys that stitched together the Coyotes+Tre Kronor jerseys a couple years ago and attended KEL's game in tucson with OEL this year. They said OEL has an extremely loyal personality and probably wants to spend his career in Arizona. Don't know how much that means but it felt good hearing from people close to OEL.

They also told me how to order those stitched jerseys. Although they're printed together now and not stitched.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->