Odd Hockey Jerseys

hckyguy14

What is the most odd hockey jersey you have seen? Or even own?

I saw a Bart Simpson jersey
d56c_1.JPG

Homer Simpson
e5fc_1.JPG

Sopranos
Sopranos-HBO-Hockey-Jersey-1-Luzury.com-RecordAward.net.jpg

What are some that you have or have seen?

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
remember PRO BEACH HOCKEY?

id pay good money for one of those jerseys but i cant find them anywhere:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

GO SALSA!!!

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
I came across a Hasek Olympic that was strange. Had the shoulders of the czech world cup w/ the standard cresting BUT red/white/blue in waves rather than squares as is normal. Was even goalie cut...

Turns out it was an advanced run on a new olympic that was shelved after 9/11 as being too "american supportive" looking. Made by Lutze in prague, Only 7 jerseys made and just one Hasek. Yep, I jumped at the chance and bought it. It is sweet to know I have the only one on the planet. Will post a pic of it when I get a chance.

spamojones

May 17, 2004
Vancouver

Know what's sad? Our local Jr. A team in the BCHL, up until last season, were the Victoria Salsa. They were originally sponsored by Taco Time when they broke into the league and had a wimpy logo of a chili pepper, very similar to that one. Then they beefed it up a bit, after ownership changed. When ownership changed once again, they became the Grizzlies, thankfully. Here are both of them.

vicsalsa.jpg
vsalsa.jpg

How bad are the logos? This website explains: http://www.bushparty.com/htms/hockeylogos4.htm

Victoria Salsa - BCHL - 1990's-Present
Ahhh, saving the best for last. The Salsa. The laughing stock of the BCHL, but the pride of Bush Party's Worst Hockey Logo List. Apparently owned by Taco Time, thus the need to get hockey fans thinking of salsa. I feel sorry for the poor soul who had to design this thing. Apparently he didn't lose too much sleep over it. The Salsa abandoned their 'classic' logo a few years back for something equally unpalatable.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I saw guy wearing a Grateful Dead jersey. It was white with red and blue stripes (NYR style). Had the steal your face logo as it's logo. There was a number on the back and the name was Dead.

I'm not a Dead fan, but cool jersey.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
I came across a Hasek Olympic that was strange. Had the shoulders of the czech world cup w/ the standard cresting BUT red/white/blue in waves rather than squares as is normal. Was even goalie cut...

Turns out it was an advanced run on a new olympic that was shelved after 9/11 as being too "american supportive" looking. Made by Lutze in prague, Only 7 jerseys made and just one Hasek. Yep, I jumped at the chance and bought it. It is sweet to know I have the only one on the planet. Will post a pic of it when I get a chance.

Yes, please post

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
A team in our league have Chicago Blackhawks jerseys... the same as CHI's sweaters in every way except the eyes on the Brave? Homer Simpson! Very unsettling :)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If not mistaken, Team Salsa had a one STEVE CHELIOS on it, brother of Chris. And the Salsa sucked, it was all about the Gargoyles.

I also believe Marty Mcsorely did the "halftime report" and may have done commentary too.

Remember the ramp behind the goal net to "increase speed". God that league was awful, yet hilarious.

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
How bad are the logos? This website explains: http://www.bushparty.com/htms/hockeylogos4.htm
oh man those are awful. i remember the hockey news used to have a "best' and "worst" logos in hockey each season. do they still do that?

one i can think of, is the ECHL's Toledo Storm. yes, this is the logo they still use to this day. note the 6th grade uneven block letters.

pk-stormoctopus1.JPG

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
That thing was so hideous it was brilliant. I think that pro beach hockey also had a two point shot behind an arc like the NBA. :biglaugh:

Yes you are right, the two point arc was definitely in effect. I forgot about that, oh man, I wish pro beach was still alive and kicking. Nothing to do during summer vacation of HS, flip on pro beach hockey on ESPN2 during weekday afternoons. Great stuff.

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
political extremists, like religious ones will find something wrong in, and complain about anything.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
political extremists, like religious ones will find something wrong in, and complain about anything.

Picked it up on e-bay from a guy who worked at WTC building 7. After e-mailing to get more specifics on the jersey and hearing his story, I just went back and clicked the "buy it now". With out a job he was selling off a ton of his personal belongings and art work.

I think it was just more the timing, following 9/11 to make such a drastic change in their jersey. It is amazing what can be done with sublimation and I can understand how the change could be misconstrued. Extremists could get the wrong impression, with the change making the czech team a target. Look at the drab USA olympics, intended to tone down their athletes appearance. Its a crazy world we live in.

The oddest jersey I have seen is one of the UAE jersey with the camel and palm trees. Cant find a pic of it but they have one in the HHOF

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
The oddest jersey I have seen is one of the UAE jersey with the camel and palm trees. Cant find a pic of it but they have one in the HHOF

I'm pretty sure that's just the Dubai Mighty Camels, an ex-pat team. Not the "national" team jersey by any stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->