Odd foot pain

damack

Jan 3, 2014
I've recently developed an odd foot pain. Right on the inside of my left foot just ahead of my ankle. It feels like there's a bony protrusion there, it's on both feet but only hurts on the left. My skates are 2 seasons old, mid level Bauer Supreme. I play a couple of times a week. I haven't had any pain until recently. I put in new superfeet insoles since the others were probably 3 years old but it didn't make a difference.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• medium_arch_image.png
    medium_arch_image.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 7

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Go see a chiropodist.

I can't play without my orthotics and I have them in every pair of shoes.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, I'd go see a doctor. Could be nothing. Could be a strain. Could be your skates are rubbing and causing bone spurs or something serious.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
In the meantime, for the skate, I would take them back to the store for either a re-bake, or ask them to punch out that spot on the skate for you.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
How old are you?

My feet really started bothering me in my late thirties.

I can skate with little discomfort at times. Other times I have to get off the ice and get my skates off immediately....

damack

Jan 3, 2014
52. I started skating/playing at 48.

One thing I didn't mention. I took up running this year for the first time in my life. With winter here I haven't been doing much in the past few weeks but prior I was running a couple of times a week. Not far, 5-6km/run. I wonder if it's changed the shape of my foot somewhat.

Last edited:

damack

Jan 3, 2014
In the meantime, for the skate, I would take them back to the store for either a re-bake, or ask them to punch out that spot on the skate for you.

Thanks for the advice.

I took them to my skate guy and showed him where the pain was, he says "oh, that's the navicular bone, I see it alot". He punched out the spot and the pain disappeared when I put the boot back on. I played that night as well, no pain.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Thanks for the advice.

I took them to my skate guy and showed him where the pain was, he says "oh, that's the navicular bone, I see it alot". He punched out the spot and the pain disappeared when I put the boot back on. I played that night as well, no pain.

Just wanted to throw this out there. Thanks for bringing this up, because I have been having the same problem lately, and I had that spot punched out, went to the rink for an open skate, and boom, no problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->