GDT: OCT 14- Calgary @ Vancouver - 8:00 PM MT - SN1

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Brouwer had a solid game.
Good time to have 4 days off, clean up the messy stuff in practice and come out good against Carolina on Thursday.

Brouwer over the past 2, 2 1/2 games looks like an NHL'er. It's a far cry from his regular capabilities. He's still a possession black hole mostly; but at least he's doing something out there.

I don't hate him as much as I did last year, which is good.

Still lots of work here though. I hope Gully runs them hard at practice. Against 25 other teams in the league, Calgary's leaving with an L here. I really don't know what to think of the line blending... There are still some big question marks down the lineup; it starts with 93 but it certainly pertains to a number of other players and their value to this team.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'll take the win.

This is what this team has desperately needed for a couple years now, we always seem to shit the bed coming out the gates and pull it together as the season goes on, we always needed that goalie who could steal a few for us in the beginning of the year. Here's hoping we get it together and rip down the homestretch and it's not a tooth and nail finish come spring.

Reactions: TychoFan

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
We desperately tried giving the Canucks the win with all 158 penalties taken, but I guess we should of just pulled Smith for the whole game!

Then again, I think the Canucks wanted the loss even more. The Dahlin sure looks mighty tasty.
Scramble of a game and not pretty to watch. Ill take the win but that was not a good game. Glad our scoring touch and goalie are there to save the game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Brouwer was one of the best forwards last night which was nice to see. I feel like Bennett has been off the last 2 games after looking fascistic in the first 3. I really hope this guy gets going, he’s going to be a key if we are to become a contender.

Jagr looked okay, I thought. He’s slow, but you can tell that he’s looking gassed. He really needs to stick to short shifts. Hamonic also had a really strong game, not enough people are talking about him. And Smith was incredible once again.

Overall we were extremely sloppy and I have no idea how we won that game. I guess the Nucks are just that bad.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Bennett knows he can lift someone's stick instead of coming over the top and taking a penalty every game, right?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We really need a cohesive first line and that starts with the Johnny-Mony chemistry, or lack thereof atm. I remember Cassie Campbell mentioning in one game that Monahan was struggling to adapt to his new lower positioned visor, as it was affecting his vision on the ice (during faceoffs, etc). Here's hoping that he gets used to it sooner than later because if he can get back to the level he was playing at post-ASG last season, we'll be a much more dangerous team

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
We really need a cohesive first line and that starts with the Johnny-Mony chemistry, or lack thereof atm. I remember Cassie Campbell mentioning in one game that Monahan was struggling to adapt to his new lower positioned visor, as it was affecting his vision on the ice (during faceoffs, etc). Here's hoping that he gets used to it sooner than later because if he can get back to the level he was playing at post-ASG last season, we'll be a much more dangerous team

You really believe what Cassie Campbell has to say? She's a horrible broadcaster.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You really believe what Cassie Campbell has to say? She's a horrible broadcaster.
I think she mentioned an interview that Monahan might have had. So his words, not hers. Besides, Campbell isn't even that bad

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
No idea, she's not my favorite and she does state the obvious alot, but she knows what she is talking about and is much better than guys like Millen and Garrett.

Yeah, I agree. She might not be the best, but she knows what she's talking about which is a lot more than some media personalities can say. She knows how the game is played firsthand and she'll get better with her commentary.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Jagr looked like he was handling a hot potato every time he touched the puck last night, didn't want to hold on to it at all.

I didn't see last night's game but I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit considering Jagr has been handling the puck for 30 years in much higher stakes than an October game against a basement team

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I didn't see last night's game but I'm gonna go ahead and call bull**** considering Jagr has been handling the puck for 30 years in much higher stakes than an October game against a basement team
Jagr is a lot more tentative at the moment than you would probably expect. He gets a pass for now because he's still getting into game shape but I want to see more of the bullish Jagr that everyone was talking about. Right now he's barely holding onto the puck for 5 seconds. Doesn't look all that comfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->