GDT: Oct. 13th - Senators @ Flames: 7:00pm MT (SN Flames)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Things fell apart after the steady stream of penalties called on the Flames.

Good thing we can get back on the horse tomorrow.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
No goals at home this season... ownership holding out for new arena... coincidence?! Maybe these are the consequences gary boy was eluding to

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We were due a smackdown. Team hasn't been good enough through the first 4 games (besides the last 30 mins of the Jets game), despite the 3-1-0 start

Reactions: Dack

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I started off the game for the 1st period and a half liking Brouwer... and then he remembered he wasn't that good and went back to being the Brouwer we all know and love

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Watching the game just made me realize how boring Boucher coached teams are again. God, that's like watching paint dry.

Anyways, on to the next one. We need to show up better and more consistently.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They definitely are a bad team.

Making the play-offs in the pathetic East isn't impressive.
The roster is super weak and the coaching is ok at best.

This "pathetic East" sentiment is 5 years old and has absolutely no validity to it anymore. Every accessible statistic proves this, yet there is still a group of fans in the West who absolutely refuses to abandon the myth.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Man those were some garbage lines thrown together. It's hilarious watching this coaching staff continue to fail at putting together a competent lineup. Lazar deserved to draw in, but you can't put him on the top line unless Bennett is centering. Gaudreau - Monahan - Lazar was a disaster waiting to happen - just not enough skill and creativity beyond Gaudreau. Can't believe it lasted the entire game. I'd be laughing more if it wasn't so frustrating.

Ferland is 10x the player Lazar is, not sure why everyone was so keen on demoting him. Put Ferland with Bennett and Gaudreau and actually give it a chance. Bennett had a total of 2.5 periods with Gaudreau and they were the best line we've seen.

Surely I can't be in the minority?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If there isn't enough skill with Monahan there how is putting a less skilled and less creative player in Bennett going to work?

Reactions: Flameshomer

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
People are keen on demoting Ferland because he has spent his entire NHL career showing us he isn't atop line winger but can be effective in a more limited role.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
The Flames havent played great at all this season, Smith just masked the problems by being fantastic to start. It was obviously unsustainable and we all knew a night like this was coming. Even Glen admited it last game post interview, so its disappointing he still cant figure out how to get the team to play better. Tbh, I have never been a Glen fan and I would like to see him replaced with a more experienced coach. I dont think he has the qualifications or the skills to coach at this level.

Regarding Monahan, someone said Bennet is more skilled which is absolutely not true. Monahan is far more skilled currently, its just that Bennet had more potential being drafted higher to develop higher end skills (which he has not done yet). However, Bennet has been nothing but disappointing so far. His minutes have been sheltered and he has been a liability more than a factor. Fans love him because he is far more flashier than Monahan but Monahans simple play is far more reliable and more productive. Its fustrating how much Monahan gets bashed when he has been relatively solid to start the season. Comments about poor defensive play is uncalled for too as he has been pretty good to start the season in his own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->