Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Its pretty clear that Kealty is good at what he does. I'm happy to see him stay and rise in the ranks. Scooter will get a chance to prove himself running the Ads.

Not a big fan of "I forgot the fax"Poile jr....
Hopefully his future advancement lies with another team

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
anyone care to elaborate on this "faxgate"?
poile JR missed the deadline to get our qualifying offers in on our RFAs.

if the deadline was say today 3:00 PM, he put it in after such time. they came up with some excuse or problem, but we are lucky the league let it go and let the qualifying offers be legal.

the equivalent of not getting them in on time this year and losing a guy like saros for nothing over a human error like using a fax machine. i will link an article.

NHLPA files grievance over Nashville Predators qualifying offers, could make seven players free agents

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
poile JR missed the deadline to get our qualifying offers in on our RFAs.

if the deadline was say today 3:00 PM, he put it in after such time. they came up with some excuse or problem, but we are lucky the league let it go and let the qualifying offers be legal.

the equivalent of not getting them in on time this year and losing a guy like saros for nothing over a human error like using a fax machine. i will link an article.

NHLPA files grievance over Nashville Predators qualifying offers, could make seven players free agents

I'm not sure of they allowed the offers to be considered legal or Poile just went ahead and got them signed before the league ruled on it making it a moot point

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think Nichol could definitely skate on a fourth line today, it's not like he played in the 80's. And sure he brought some dirt, but that was his role. Could have done without the nut spearing though...
Maybe for a player of his limited ability it took some smarts to figure out how to play a role in a way that let him play 662 NHL games, as a 272nd overall draft pick and somebody who toiled 7 years in the minors before getting to the show. Also he was 5'9" and took on a lot of bigger guys during that journey. He has something that a lot of people don't. Whether that is transferable into managerial acumen, I have no idea. But I can see how it might.

Jul 12, 2007
I think the size of Winnipeg was an issue for the Josi Ellis pairing and forced them to play more conservative.
lol ! Yes, there's no way we hang with Byfuglien, Myers, Wheeler, Matthias. Too much size in front of the net and in the transition game.

LV got around it better, but they do have Reaves, Engelland, McNabb, Stoner. Watson shouldn't be our "big guy". Nor Fisher our "tough guy".

We have a fine skill team. Still can't go with no size.

Even Trotzy finally figured it out with Tom Wilson. And letting Oshie be as dirty as he wants to be lol.

Jul 12, 2007
Its pretty clear that Kealty is good at what he does. I'm happy to see him stay and rise in the ranks. Scooter will get a chance to prove himself running the Ads.

Not a big fan of "I forgot the fax"Poile jr....
Hopefully his future advancement lies with another team
He should be fired for having a fax machine. Surely they don't really fax official stuff, do they ?

Then fired for nepotism. Then fired for the deadline thing. He should be just about invisible by then.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He should be fired for having a fax machine. Surely they don't really fax official stuff, do they ?

Then fired for nepotism. Then fired for the deadline thing. He should be just about invisible by then.

You again?

Gotta Admit I expected you back here sooner, to tell us that we would have beaten the jets if we had had a few more knuckle dragging goons

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You again?

Gotta Admit I expected you back here sooner, to tell us that we would have beaten the jets if we had had a few more knuckle dragging goons

he must have changed his name.

the game is moving away completely from what he thinks is needed to win.

Jul 12, 2007
You again?

lol ! Ye had but one job to do laddie, and ye couldn't quite get it squared away.

To Whit - Read 2 posts, write one reply, put your one reply against the one post that it has anything to do with ...........

So against the Jets we had the same or better skill, very similar goaltending, the only stark difference was the talented big guys. So it couldn't be that, of course.

And of course Trotzy finally valuing and relying on a guy like Wilson, after 19 years of hating the idea ..............

I remember Poile trading for Vishnevsky for the playoffs, Trotzy refusing to let him on the ice, and Poile apologizing to the guy publicly afterwards.

The evidence has literally never been on your side in this 16-year argument. Always quite the opposite. Always funny to see you not care.

Jul 12, 2007
he must have changed his name.

the game is moving away completely from what he thinks is needed to win.
Had the same name for 4-5 years. Final 4 teams had Reaves / Wilson / Byfuglien / Myers. No knuckle dragging goons among them, just talented guys who can hit and clog / clear the crease like crazy, and us the only team of the 4 without that. PK is as close as we get, with his octopus-tangle-up routine. Just not the same.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
lol ! Ye had but one job to do laddie, and ye couldn't quite get it squared away.

To Whit - Read 2 posts, write one reply, put your one reply against the one post that it has anything to do with ...........

So against the Jets we had the same or better skill, very similar goaltending, the only stark difference was the talented big guys. So it couldn't be that, of course.

And of course Trotzy finally valuing and relying on a guy like Wilson, after 19 years of hating the idea ..............

I remember Poile trading for Vishnevsky for the playoffs, Trotzy refusing to let him on the ice, and Poile apologizing to the guy publicly afterwards.

The evidence has literally never been on your side in this 16-year argument. Always quite the opposite. Always funny to see you not care.

Blah blah blah. Any time the Preds are eliminated you show up with this bullcrap.

Over an 82 game season we were the best team in the entire NHL without any of these goons.

We didnt lose in the playoffs because we didnt have skilled big guys. We lost because the goalie that gave us Vezina caliber goaltending all year for some reason morphed into Mike Dunham in the playoffs. But the fact that we lost allows you to pick whatever excuse suits your narrative and run with it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Always love the people with jack squat to say when we are winning, but as soon as we lose they have all the answers. Same crap they were saying 20 years ago and most of it was wrong then too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Had the same name for 4-5 years. Final 4 teams had Reaves / Wilson / Byfuglien / Myers. No knuckle dragging goons among them, just talented guys who can hit and clog / clear the crease like crazy, and us the only team of the 4 without that. PK is as close as we get, with his octopus-tangle-up routine. Just not the same.
No one has ever previously associated Ryan Reaves with the word talent, unless it was preceded by "lack of"

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
No one has ever previously associated Ryan Reaves with the word talent, unless it was preceded by "lack of"
dude is averaging 7:45 of TOI and has 3 points in his 44 career playoff games. 3 goals no assists. he has scored 2 big goals lately, yes but one was on a blatant penalty and reaves is just trash honestly. smh.

before scoring 2 goals in the past 3 games, reaves playoff stats were 41 games played. 1 goal , 0 assists. i seriously wonder if people think before they message board sometimes.

Reactions: predhead1

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
dude is averaging 7:45 of TOI and has 3 points in his 44 career playoff games. 3 goals no assists. he has scored 2 big goals lately, yes but one was on a blatant penalty and reaves is just trash honestly. smh.

before scoring 2 goals in the past 3 games, reaves playoff stats were 41 games played. 1 goal , 0 assists. i seriously wonder if people think before they message board sometimes.

Cody McLeod has 3 goals and 1 assist in 38 career playoff games. Where's all the fuss over him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad