Oakland A's to play in Sacramento for a few years while Las Vegas stadium is built

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

She's not doing much for the safety and well-being for residents of Oakland to begin with. The A's are the only team that really wanted to stay in Oakland and the City of Oakland turned around and threatened to sue them for that effort and then complain about a budget crisis lol. The city will continue to be in this state until a flatlander is elected mayor. These 'Oakland Hills' wannabes and folks need to not be in Oakland's politics.

• Love
Reactions: MMC

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I would imagine they won't play in Oakland for a few years before leaving like the Raiders did. Probably best to get away ASAP.

I am looking at A's attendance. They were a dynasty in the 70's and didn't draw well. They never drew 3 million fans in a large market area. I think the support has been a bit overstated. Otherwise, they don't lose the Raiders twice and A's.

A large number of the A's attendance comes from out of town and places like San Jose. Even back when I went to games with my grandfather in the 70's-2000's it was like that. I think they ended up with somewhere between 2-3 million attendance per season at their high point.

I remember the tail end of the Seals and the truth is the Bay Area just didn't 'get' hockey. While I'm not a Sharks fan, I do have to say that I'm glad the NHL waited until a time it could work and then found a place in the Bay where it would.

Oakland is very much a basketball town. The Warriors could be the worst team period and they were for long stretches and they had no problem selling out what became Oracle.

The Raiders have a very strong presence in Oakland and even today you can't wear certain jerseys in certain parts of Oakland. Ask my brother, who is not a sports fan whatsover, what happened when he wore a Bucs jersey because he 'liked how it looked'.... in Deep East Oakland. It was hilarious how many cars honked and dudes yelled 'TAKE THAT FKIN S#IT OFF!!'. It really could have been worse. But the Raiders always had a strong Oakland fanbase who tailgated with the best of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad