Trade: [OAK/KC] Brandon Moss and Ryan Buchter for Jesse Hahn and Heath Fillmyer

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't get this

they take on 5 mil in salary and brandon moss whose career is just about done for hahn who actually has some talent but has suffered from injuries ever since he got to oakland. not happy about losing fillymer either. between moss and that useless black hole casilla that's like 11 mil in salary. ouch

i'm guessing this means they're going to try and move joyce? or else i don't see where moss even fits in

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Moss can Dh when they see righties and spell Olson at 1st.

He might be done, but I like Brandon Moss so I'm happy about the deal.

Hahn sucks and will never put it all together.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
i don't get this

they take on 5 mil in salary and brandon moss whose career is just about done for hahn who actually has some talent but has suffered from injuries ever since he got to oakland. not happy about losing fillymer either. between moss and that useless black hole casilla that's like 11 mil in salary. ouch

i'm guessing this means they're going to try and move joyce? or else i don't see where moss even fits in
No way. Joyce was very solid from May 15th on. The A's still have a very low payroll so taking on 5 mil at one year isn't a big deal. Plus, he was really liked in the locker room his first stint here, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. I don't think they'll be a playoff team this year, but there's a lot of optimism from the players this offseason.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
or they could just DFA moss

it's like they acquired him just so they could get buchter

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's what i figured

keeping moss makes no sense. although they'll be lucky to find any takers

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Meh. I like Buchter while he was in San Diego. You can never have enough solid left-handed relievers.

I like Hahn too but I don't feel much emotion in losing him. Maybe the A's know something about his injury history. We need starting pitchers though.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
what other former washed up A's has he acquired in recent memory?
1200px-Jed_Lowrie_2017.jpg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oh yeah, the guy who had the 2nd most doubles in all of baseball last season is washed up

try again

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Oh boy here we go. He had a good season but he wasn’t that good in 2015 when the A’s got him back and was terrible in 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad