Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs OTT - 11/19/17 @7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zooks with JT is way over due. They pass well together. Neither hogs the puck. They cycle well together. Zooks is usually the first guy back on defense so he can help JT in that regard. Good move AV.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Better Zuke with Miller instead of Hayes. Call up Lettieri for a shot at that 4LW spot. Finally, DD is out❣️❣️❣️

Going to this one! Hopefully the losing streak stops at 2!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
See ya never DD. Get Leivo or Soshnikov from TML, plug then into Carey’s spot, and roll with that forward group

Reactions: Ail

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Miller to center is the right move

And AV ain’t breaking up KZB for good. They literally saved his job against Vegas.

He’s f***ing dense but he wasn’t gonna break them up long term

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Zucc on 3rd line?

Yeah why not - he has success on the third line early in his career. Zucc is struggling with self confidence and to get that back it help to play against 3rd pair or 2nd pair NHL defenders - instead of NHL top pair defenders all the time. Hayes line is our shutdown line with Fast on it for sure.
I really like the new line combinations - hopefully we can start producing with more than 1 line.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Brady and Shatty were watching SNL last night and a skit came on where a guy played Brady. Brady had no idea he was going to be part of a skit.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Big fan of these lines. Our top 9 get similar ice time, so Zucc on the third doesn't bother me. Hopefully being away from Nash and Hayes will do him a world of good. I'd sooner try out any one of a number of our young Hartford guys over Carey, but no complaints here.

Reactions: Ori

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah why not - he has success on the third line early in his career. Zucc is struggling with self confidence and to get that back it help to play against 3rd pair or 2nd pair NHL defenders - instead of NHL top pair defenders all the time. Hayes line is our shutdown line with Fast on it for sure.
I really like the new line combinations - hopefully we can start producing with more than 1 line.

Hey whatever works. Right? Anyway will be at the game tonight l, so far I'm 2-0 hopefully that continues lol

Reactions: Ori

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Big fan of these lines. Our top 9 get similar ice time, so Zucc on the third doesn't bother me. Hopefully being away from Nash and Hayes will do him a world of good. I'd sooner try out any one of a number of our young Hartford guys over Carey, but no complaints here.

Yes, Lettieri in and Carey out. Carey sucks.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Henrik’s playing right? Thought this would be a good time to get Pavelec in. I know they’ve had days off between games but Henrik’s on pace to log a ton of games which isn’t good.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Henrik’s playing right? Thought this would be a good time to get Pavelec in. I know they’ve had days off between games but Henrik’s on pace to log a ton of games which isn’t good.

They are going to ride Hank while the schedule is manageable. If we had Raanta it may be a different story. The schedule is favorable with 1,2 and even 3 days off between games until a back to back 12/8-12/9.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yeah I don’t get them having Hank play so many games

Dude is gonna be run into the ground

I read somewhere at this current pace he wil play somewhere in the high 60’s this year

That’s insane

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I read somewhere at this current pace he wil play somewhere in the high 60’s this year

That’s insane

I think with the favorable schedule with some days off they are playing the guy who gives them the best chance to win. Metro is real tough and they can't be falling farther behind and it's not like he is playing back to backs. They have played only 2 games the last week. I think he will get his rest when schedule starts to get more condensed but it may be that he plays 60 games this year because of the alternative who is Pavelec.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

That’s insane

AV addressed that recently. They haven't had a high frequency of games yet so Hank should be plenty rested. Once this changes I'd expect he will get his days offs.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
lines arent bad, Miller Zucc and Grabner can work. Fast on the 2nd with Nash though is .... interesting.
Jesper has been......well, Jesper. Good for him. Not an advocator of Nash with Hayes, but Hayes has been playing well and could continue Nashers hot streak.
More importantly though......we need Zuccha to start tearing it up. Need much more from him offensively.
That 4th line is scary and hoping they dont get 10 minutes each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->