Proposal: NYR/Van

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Appreciate courteous response showing some effort and forethought.
Fine line betw. "don't think DeAngelo is a player we need" and as opposed to one you could use, and my suggestion was based on Van fan saying RD was needed.
Upgrading RD vs managing cap, I hear you. Haven't analyzed super thoroughly to be sure you can do still swing it, or your premise that you can't, holds water.

As to what a possible return would be if 'nucks went there, I quoted a post which was ok w/future 1sts. Your op is a no there.

So I concur, while others may differ, your offer is, by your forthright admission, not pretty.
Like I said, for ADeA
1. Market value, no more no less.
2. That is shaped by high demand/competitive offers.
So he won't be cheap.

Again, thanks for the honest share.
Other VAN input, agree or disagree commentary, is welcome.

The reality is that NY and Van are in too similar a place rebuild wise to make great sense as trade partners, any assets you do have as "expendable" are too costly for us, and vice versa. We could probably agree civilly that we each have pieces we would like to add to our respective teams, but simply can't quite make it work based on the timing of things.

Reactions: bernmeister

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
How about Lind & Gadjovich for Lias Andersson?

The logic of my trade was more "project for project" players. Tryamkin is likely to be traded, so it would be nice to get a player with some potential for him.

Lind has been looking good lately, so it would be a lateral move to trade him for Andersson when Vancouver is fairly deep at centre. Gadjovich arguably has no value at this point, his skating has a long way to go.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Appreciate courteous response showing some effort and forethought.
Fine line betw. "don't think DeAngelo is a player we need" and as opposed to one you could use, and my suggestion was based on Van fan saying RD was needed.
Upgrading RD vs managing cap, I hear you. Haven't analyzed super thoroughly to be sure you can do still swing it, or your premise that you can't, holds water.

As to what a possible return would be if 'nucks went there, I quoted a post which was ok w/future 1sts. Your op is a no there.

So I concur, while others may differ, your offer is, by your forthright admission, not pretty.
Like I said, for ADeA
1. Market value, no more no less.
2. That is shaped by high demand/competitive offers.
So he won't be cheap.

Again, thanks for the honest share.
Other VAN input, agree or disagree commentary, is welcome.

No worries, I've been on the other other side, and snappy replies or replies that are meant to upset any goodwill built up don't go well.

I've also been known to reply that way.

As for the content, we are all fans and have different ideas of what our teams need. I am opposed to another first being moved until this whole situation plays out. After this year DeAngelo is worth a first and good package of pieces.

We have two RHD that can be resigned, Tanev and Stecher, and Tryamkin is interested in returning to the NHL as well. I think any of the three would be less expensive, albeit for less offensive impact. ADA is a hell of a player, but because of his expiring contract and hell of a good season, we may not be the best fit. Not to mention what we can spare is clearly not a big need for the Rangers.

Ah well, thank you for the thoughtful reply, Bernmeister.

Reactions: bernmeister

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, that’s not gonna work.

I didn't think so, I did preface what I posted as not being pretty. No hard feelings though, I know most of the pieces offered aren't what the Rangers need. We just can't afford the price (both of acquisition and eventual cap hit). All the best.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No worries, I've been on the other other side, and snappy replies or replies that are meant to upset any goodwill built up don't go well.

I've also been known to reply that way.

As for the content, we are all fans and have different ideas of what our teams need. I am opposed to another first being moved until this whole situation plays out. After this year DeAngelo is worth a first and good package of pieces.

We have two RHD that can be resigned, Tanev and Stecher, and Tryamkin is interested in returning to the NHL as well. I think any of the three would be less expensive, albeit for less offensive impact. ADA is a hell of a player, but because of his expiring contract and hell of a good season, we may not be the best fit. Not to mention what we can spare is clearly not a big need for the Rangers.

Ah well, thank you for the thoughtful reply, Bernmeister.

I have bones to pick with people, and I make no bones about that. In those cases, it is usually because I think they have crossed a line. Usually it is not as much to being rude to me, as it is to being excessively nasty to others, which usually invites thought of a comeuppance, lest a bully be allowed to proceed --- and the correct hockey term here is --- unchecked.

But as far as you go, my friend, I have no bones to pick with you, and not am aware there should be.

All best and kind regards
bern

Reactions: Cogburn

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I have bones to pick with people, and I make no bones about that. In those cases, it is usually because I think they have crossed a line. Usually it is not as much to being rude to me, as it is to being excessively nasty to others, which usually invites thought of a comeuppance, lest a bully be allowed to proceed --- and the correct hockey term here is --- unchecked.

But as far as you go, my friend, I have no bones to pick with you, and not am aware there should be.

All best and kind regards
bern
0C8FEB82-CD95-4A26-886E-626D1EED3F10.jpeg

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
As politely as possible, Vancouver has zero interest in trading Horvat. Also, I'd argue our only trade "need" is to move a bad contract without taking salary back. Everything else is a want.

We’ll need a top 4 dman if Tanev walks and we don’t sign Tryamkin and Rathbone though.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I didn't think so, I did preface what I posted as not being pretty. No hard feelings though, I know most of the pieces offered aren't what the Rangers need. We just can't afford the price (both of acquisition and eventual cap hit). All the best.

That’s fair, I don’t see a fit either.

Reactions: Cogburn

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Deangelo fits the bill, but he's not being rushed out the door cheap.
Market value, no more, no less.

Another VAN fan said open to future 1sts, picks, prospects.

Make us an offer, minimal or a larger package.
Deangelo isn’t the type of D the canucks need.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Horvat is moved, it's for a similarly aged and productive defender.

I'd think DeAngelo would be a good target.

Hughes and TDA manning the points on the PP would be lethal.

Both young enough to log the full 2 minutes as wel .
Not a chance in hell.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We’ll need a top 4 dman if Tanev walks and we don’t sign Tryamkin and Rathbone though.

If we let Tanev walk, and both Tryamkin and Rathbone go unsigned, or worse, all of those three are not top four guys next year, there is a huge issue with management and ownership then. Yes, they're idiots, we know that, but this would be a new level of incompetence. At least if we don't have another acquisition in place.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
okay thanks for the direct advisory
if this is consensus from VAN fans, then DeA to 'yotes is DOA.

Anyone else esp from VAN want to add their 2 cents?
Agree? Disagree?
I'd agree that he isn't the best target. Would much rather go after a guy like Cernak - Vancouver needs a stable 2-way top 4 RD to pair with Hughes long term. Deangelo and Hughes would be fun, but someone's gotta stay back and hold down the fort.

Good player, bad fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad