Proposal: NYR & VAN

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
I would make this trade during the draft if a guy we have our eyes on starts falling but it isn’t necessary to do before the draft starts. I doubt Vancouver would be interested anyway

Reactions: Common Court3sy

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I would make this trade during the draft if a guy we have our eyes on starts falling but it isn’t necessary to do before the draft starts. I doubt Vancouver would be interested anyway
Yeah I was just thinking if Vancouver has guys from 7-9 in the same tier at the time they pick would they move it?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I personally want Bouchard or Dobson with that pick. If either are on the board still I take the pick. Zadina probably would be gone too, but he's the potential (though not likely) faller that could also make me want to use the pick. I like Tkachuk more than most on here, but if the first 6 go: Dahlin, Svechnikov, Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Dobson and Bouchard- that's when I'd be ok trading back to 9. This would still give us one of Tkachuk, Wahlstrom or Hughes plus a 2nd.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I proposed the same trade with #39 instead of #48 in the Rangers roster building thread. I think that #7 will be needed to secure on of Hughes, Wahlstrom, or Dobson. I think the Hawks definitely take one of those players. If the Rangers have their eyes on one of them, they'll need to move up a few spots.

Reactions: GregSirico

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Not sure.

I don't see a big skill difference from 3-11 so the Rangers would have to really really wants someone like a Hughes or a Wahlstrom.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
To NYR: Vancouver's 2018 first round pick (7OA)
To VAN: NYR's 2018 first round pick (9OA), and NYR's (NJ) 2018 second round pick (48th OA)

#1. Dahlin-BUF #2. Svechnikov-CAR #3. Kotkaniemi-MTL #4. Dobson-OTT #5. Tkachuk-ARI #6. Hughes-DET #7. Bouchard-VAN #8. Wahlstrom-CHI #9. Zadina-NYR why do they need to trade up

Reactions: pld459666

WilsonNY14

Jun 18, 2018
Rangers should just stay at 9 and take Bouchard/Smith/Bobqvist.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's NYR mentality here. Though, I also wouldn't be surprised if they trade up for a player like Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, or Dobson at 7 if they're still there. Honestly, it may better suit NYR to trade up to 3 or 4 and grab Zadina and put him on a line w/ Chytil, his Czech mate (no pun intended).

Reactions: GregSirico

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if that's NYR mentality here. Though, I also wouldn't be surprised if they trade up for a player like Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, or Dobson at 7 if they're still there. Honestly, it may better suit NYR to trade up to 3 or 4 and grab Zadina and put him on a line w/ Chytil, his Czech mate (no pun intended).
Dmen are the hard thing to come by in this league. That's the beachfront property. I wouldn't be disappointed if they drafted all defensemen in this draft. This is why you go BPA. If two years from now, we have too many defensemen, it's a great problem to have and GM's around the league will all have you on speed dial trying to help you alleviate your problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->