Confirmed with Link: [NYR/FLA] Rangers Trade Yogan and Kampfer for Joey Crabb

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So glad Yogan is gone, now I don't have to read about him anymore on here :laugh:

He was a bust since he turned pro.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Bet Yogan's pumped to head home. If he can crack the Panthers soon, he'll be on a winning team. That team is going to be good and faster than everyone thinks.

The only reason he's pumped is that he doesn't have to go to the ECHL and can now stay in the AHL. He had Ryan, Chris, Hrivik and Tarnasky ahead of him in our organization, maybe Justin Vaive and/or Chris McCarthy too.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Nice trade, nothing major, but it's a definite win all around. Open up the spot, drop a SPC that wasn't going to do anything, and a defenseman that looked like he lagged behind the play for a very serviceable 4th line player.

Crabb is a gritty grinder that is a very good AHL player, and one that was useful for the Capitals a few years ago. Crabb was noticeable and had a good contribution in the playoffs for Washington in 2012.

I was thinking the Rangers would get a draft pick for an NHL capable asset such as Hrivik, instead they fill a few needs and upgrade the organizational depth.

Clear space for The Duke.
Get some more grit in the organization with a front line AHL player/4th Line NHL player.
Keeps some of the kids in HFD from having to go down to the ECHL in Hughes and Noreau, while seeing to it that McIlrath gets top 4 minutes in HFD if not top pair.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Yogan's not going anywhere near Florida. Minor league affiliates are San Antonio (AHL) and Cincinnati (ECHL). If he was having trouble just making our AHL squad, I doubt he makes the NHL anytime soon, even if it is only Florida.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nice trade, nothing major, but it's a definite win all around. Open up the spot, drop a SPC that wasn't going to do anything, and a defenseman that looked like he lagged behind the play for a very serviceable 4th line player.

Crabb is a gritty grinder that is a very good AHL player, and one that was useful for the Capitals a few years ago. Crabb was noticeable and had a good contribution in the playoffs for Washington in 2012.

I was thinking the Rangers would get a draft pick for an NHL capable asset such as Hrivik, instead they fill a few needs and upgrade the organizational depth.

Clear space for The Duke.
Get some more grit in the organization with a front line AHL player/4th Line NHL player.
Keeps some of the kids in HFD from having to go down to the ECHL in Hughes and Noreau, while seeing to it that McIlrath gets top 4 minutes in HFD if not top pair.

I'm honestly confused how Slats got a serviceable borderline-NHLer for two useless guys who were just taking up space in our 50 contracts. What is Florida seeing here? They need a crappy defenseman in Kampfer? I bet he'd never play for us had he stayed.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yogan's not going anywhere near Florida. Minor league affiliates are San Antonio (AHL) and Cincinnati (ECHL). If he was having trouble just making our AHL squad, I doubt he makes the NHL anytime soon, even if it is only Florida.

This.

However bad Florida may be, you've got to assume it's better than Hartford.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm honestly confused how Slats got a serviceable borderline-NHLer for two useless guys who were just taking up space in our 50 contracts. What is Florida seeing here? They need a crappy defenseman in Kampfer? I bet he'd never play for us had he stayed.

Guess they get some of Yogan's friends and family to buy tickets when they call him up at the end of the season. Nice story, but he couldn't do much as an AHLer.

Kampfer I think gives them some sort of veteran depth since they're counting on Ekblad and Gudbranson as their top RHD with just kids serving as depth.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Random fact, but Crabb was traded to Chicago by Atlanta in the Byfuglien deal. Atlanta also sent a 1st round pick to the Blackhawks. Who did Chicago take with that pick?

Kevin Hayes.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Random fact, but Crabb was traded to Chicago by Atlanta in the Byfuglien deal. Atlanta also sent a 1st round pick to the Blackhawks. Who did Chicago take with that pick?

Kevin Hayes.

and who's original 1st round pick was that, NJ Devils (Kovalchuk trade). Fingers crossed that Hayes keeps that scab that is the Kovalchuk acquisition still open.

Have to like the trade as the Rangers didn't have to give away Kristo for nothing (just yet).

And how bad were the Leafs a few years back, there was an actual line of Crabb - Bozak - Kessel.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Kevin Hayes.

Can we also get Byfuglien for nothing and be done with it?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This.

However bad Florida may be, you've got to assume it's better than Hartford.

Florida is a **** show of a hockey team... NYR is very solid on D. Florida is not. SOmeone who would be a 3rd pairing AHL player here could easily be a 3rd pairing NHL player over there...

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
and who's original 1st round pick was that, NJ Devils (Kovalchuk trade). Fingers crossed that Hayes keeps that scab that is the Kovalchuk acquisition still open.

Have to like the trade as the Rangers didn't have to give away Kristo for nothing (just yet).

We should trade away Kristo asap if we can get anything for him. His value isn't going up. He will be the third line RW in Hartford this year (behind Crabb and Haggerty), so whatever little value he has, it will be that much less in a couple of months. I'd take a 7th rounder for him. Maybe Kristo and Bourque (or both Bourques) can fetch back a 5th rounder.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Florida is a **** show of a hockey team... NYR is very solid on D. Florida is not. SOmeone who would be a 3rd pairing AHL player here could easily be a 3rd pairing NHL player over there...

Yogan spent a bunch of time in the ECHL last season when Hartford had a terrible team. Doubt very much there's an NHL team where he can even come close to making it.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
We should trade away Kristo asap if we can get anything for him. His value isn't going up. He will be the third line RW in Hartford this year (behind Crabb and Haggerty), so whatever little value he has, it will be that much less in a couple of months. I'd take a 7th rounder for him. Maybe Kristo and Bourque (or both Bourques) can fetch back a 5th rounder.

If there was value to squeeze out of Kristo, I'd be all for it, but I honestly doubt it. His best attribute may be helping the Pack win this year (and walk after the season), and I'm super pumped to see what Hartford can do w/ its current lineup.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
well this works well. Crabb can help CT. Its a one way deal for him I believe so I can see why FLA dumped that contract for 2 AHL contracts

Reality is Kampfer would never play in NY. McIlrath, Allen area head of him. Kostka as well.

good move and didnt cost a pick! Yogan was going no where with the Rangers organization as well

AngelicAssassin*

In the morning if I'm Crabb(y) after Yogan(ing) there's nothing like the smell of K(C)ampher oil. Yogan maybe gets a second life in Florida and a more realistic shot at cracking a roster?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
well this works well. Crabb can help CT. Its a one way deal for him I believe so I can see why FLA dumped that contract for 2 AHL contracts

Good call Vitto. Florida must've done it to save $400k in salaries. There was no hockey reason for this trade from their perspective, but salaries explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->