Confirmed with Link: [NYR/FLA] Rangers Trade Yogan and Kampfer for Joey Crabb

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
#NYR have acquired F Joey Crabb from Panthers for Andrew Yogan and Stev

“@stevezipay: #NYR have acquired F Joey Crabb from Panthers for Andrew Yogan and Steven Kampfer, clearing a contract spot for Anthony Duclairâ€

SupersonicMonkey*

Well that frees up the contract spot for Duclair?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I always knew he'd be back one day. Walking sideways to Hartford as we speak. How I missed him.

#TheCrabbIsBack

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
drafted by NYR 12 years ago along with USHL teammates Nate Guenin and Jake Taylor

Jake Taylor was a prior era's Sam Noreau

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Had hopes Yogan could one day be a bottom-6 center for us. He's been surpassed in the organizational depth since.

Joey Crabb is a solid addition for Hartford. Another veteran to add to the mix.

Don't think losing Kampfer hurts one bit. We are fine with our depth at D for #7 and beyond.

Bet Yogan's pumped to head home. If he can crack the Panthers soon, he'll be on a winning team. That team is going to be good and faster than everyone thinks.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Well this is good news for the Duclair contract situation then.

Now AV, tell us who the captain's gonna be lol

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I like it. Crabb is actually a serviceable, tough player. He will help out in that regard down in the AHL. Moving Kampfer also opens up a spot for Noreau in the AHL I think?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Excellent trade. Minor, but very good. Yogan likely wasn't going to make the AHL this year, once again starting in the ECHL. We have Hrivik, Bourque, Bourque and Tarnasky ahead of him. That's 4 LWs who are clearly better.

Kampfer was just getting in the way in Hartford. This clears up a spot for Noreau, which makes me very happy. Sammy the Bull deserves an AHL spot.

Plus, Joey Crabb, a former NYR draft pick, is a decent player. Not really an NHLer, but close enough that he adds depth to us in case injuries hit real bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->