Confirmed Trade: [NYR/FLA] Dylan McIlrath for Steven Kampfer and conditional 7th

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
Didn't go through this thread but I'm assuming it consists of Anaheim fans saying Fowler is better and some trolls making fun of rangers fans for overhyping him.

I wish him well and hope he gets an opportunity down in Florida.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Rangers turned a 7th round pick in to Lundqvist, so that's potentially a pretty good bag of pucks.

Not sure I understand this. Because Cherepanov had some freak heart condition, they were scared of drafting more top tier Russians..? Wouldn't what happened to Cherepanov have spurred them to gun for a guy like Tarasenko above all else?

Pm me I'll explain. This thread needs to die.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I am a ranger fan. I loved McIlrath. He also played his best with Yandle. He also outplayed Girardi and Boyle last year and deserves to play. I wish him well and think Florida will be pleasantly surprised.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Rangers turned a 7th round pick in to Lundqvist, so that's potentially a pretty good bag of pucks.

Not sure I understand this. Because Cherepanov had some freak heart condition, they were scared of drafting more top tier Russians..? Wouldn't what happened to Cherepanov have spurred them to gun for a guy like Tarasenko above all else?

What are the odds of a 7th round pick turning into a player that plays more than a 100 games? Like less than 5%?

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
This thread should have died ages ago.

Like McIlrath's NHL career.

As a Panthers fan, I just assumed McIlrath was the best the team could get after Kampfer requested being traded to a team he has a shot at playing for regularly.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I apologize for the bump but I need some clarification here. The condition for the pick was that Mc had to play at least 30 games this season. Since he is no longer with Florida does that mean the pick is now out of the question?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I apologize for the bump but I need some clarification here. The condition for the pick was that Mc had to play at least 30 games this season. Since he is no longer with Florida does that mean the pick is now out of the question?

obviously depends if the condition specified 30 games for the Panthers this season vs just 30 NHL games.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
obviously depends if the condition specified 30 games for the Panthers this season vs just 30 NHL games.

McIlrath's played 6 games this season. Detroit has what 21 games left? In sum, he can't hit 30 for the season, unless the Wings both play him and somehow make it into the playoffs. Although, I'm not sure whether playoff games were part of the condition.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

The condition was on 30 games with Florida.

The pick was actually already out of question however.
With only 5 games played and Florida only having 20 games left, it was written out a week or two ago.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kampfer has looked like a beast in his one game with the Rangers lol

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I apologize for the bump (...)

Don't. Don't ever feel sorry about bumping or otherwise reminding people of the few great threads that together make the great McIlrath saga: from being a waste of a pick, to slowly developing towards being an NHL defender, to insanely quickly being better than Fowler and on his way to Shea Weber, to fading away with the Rangers, to clearing waivers, to it not actually being about Vigneault when he sucked on another team, and wherever it may take us from here. Which, probably won't be very far.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
The great think about that article is that McIrlath isn't even the Rangers' worst 1st round bust. :help:

Either by trade or by busts, the Rangers are terrible with their 1st round picks. It's a good thing, they've had great success with 2nd & 3rd rounders :yo:

Still, I'd say that the 2010 draft turned out pretty well for the Rangers and Chicago got the shortest end of the stick.

Last edited:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
We've actually done pretty well in the first round when we've had them, recently, in between Sanguinetti and McIlrath =P

Kreider in 2009, Miller in 2011, and Skjei in 2012. #19, #15, #28 respectively.

Which makes losing them hurt more.

edit: "In between" isn't the correct way of phrasing that. Rather "around". Also, Del Zotto in 2008. No longer with us and derailed by injuries, but not a bust at all either. Not too shabby of a group for all being outside the top ten.

Last edited:

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Don't. Don't ever feel sorry about bumping or otherwise reminding people of the few great threads that together make the great McIlrath saga: from being a waste of a pick, to slowly developing towards being an NHL defender, to insanely quickly being better than Fowler and on his way to Shea Weber, to fading away with the Rangers, to clearing waivers, to it not actually being about Vigneault when he sucked on another team, and wherever it may take us from here. Which, probably won't be very far.
Machinehead single handedly made HFDucks dislike McIlrath :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad