Speculation: NYR FIRESALE

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't understand why the Rangers would/could have a fire sale if they just signed Shattenkirk.

They can’t. They need to buy.

They should have not signed Smith and Shattenkirk and hit reset though.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The only personnel problem they have is at head coach. The forward group is still solid, and their back end is demonstrably better. AV and his tendencies are what's driving the Rangers into the ground.

No need for a "fire sale."

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I just wouldn't be comfortable with giving up arguably 2 of our top 3 prospects and a guy like Brown who's on a great contract. Especially considering that Krieder would be more of a "luxury" opposed to a need.

Same as above, with the leafs depth at centre and plethora of wing prospects, i don't think we'd be after a guy like Miller (I think he can play both LW and C?) although both proposals aren"t too far off from what I would expect the ask realistically be.

He's better on the wing, for sure.

I don't understand why the Rangers would/could have a fire sale if they just signed Shattenkirk.

Welcome to the beautiful city of New York. We were so glad to negotiate a contract with you, we actually forgot to tell you a small, small, important detail...

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I can see why you want to deal Nash and a few others, but I thought Grabs was doing well for you guys?

Why don't the Rangers want to rebuild. Your market is huge and you're like the Leafs...you could be last place and still be a top performer in the league regarding revenues.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why did NY trade Stepan and Raanta to AZ again?

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still really don't understand what Gorton thought was gonna happen when he traded his #1C away for a prospect and didn't replace him at all. Then signed an older UFA defenceman to a big $$$ contract. The most perplexing instance of..."are they coming or going?" of the whole offseason.

I mean yeah, i like Lias Andersson a ton too, and getting younger is nice...but uh...brb, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Reactions: Off Sides

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
damn. after reading all these comments... it's not a good time to be a Rangers fan.

We see these threads every single time a team starts slow, every year, without fail. Sometimes you even see them when the team is doing fine.

This thread reads more like a desperate Ebay sale than actual conversation.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ryan Mc. got that Girardi virus last night - not sure what is going on.. I`m kind of worried about our captain to be honest! I wonder if he had any sleep last night! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->