NYR Enough is Enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldtimer914

Jan 27, 2018
Why do the Rangers do this every year? They pick draft choices who need to go for "reconditioning" in Hartford. Top draft choices of other teams are playing in the NHL already. If our scouts can't find the right players, why keep them? And then Vigneault plays only his favorite players. The young players are not given the playing time to develop, like with other teams. Looks like another year with no Cup, and I'm getting older and older!! Ranger fans deserve another championship!!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Why do the Rangers do this every year? They pick draft choices who need to go for "reconditioning" in Hartford. Top draft choices of other teams are playing in the NHL already. If our scouts can't find the right players, why keep them? And then Vigneault plays only his favorite players. The young players are not given the playing time to develop, like with other teams. Looks like another year with no Cup, and I'm getting older and older!! Ranger fans deserve another championship!!

Just for a frame of reference, was the Gumper [as a Ranger] your childhood hero or someone you enjoyed watching as an adult?

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your first post.

It really is a simple answer. It’s the Rangers. This is why I treat Messier as the Mesiah. We won’t ever do things right and probably will never win again. It’s who we are

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldtimer914

Jan 27, 2018
Just for a frame of reference, was the Gumper [as a Ranger] your childhood hero or someone you enjoyed watching as an adult?

My first game I ever went to at the old MSG, Gumper was in nets. I was a teenager. He always had a smile on his face, win or lose!! (Most often losing - I felt sorry for him)!

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As far as your thread. It really is a simple answer. It’s the Rangers. This is why I treat Messier as the Mesiah. We won’t ever do things right and probably will never win again. It’s who we are

Right, but if you don't support this emotionally and monetarily then you're not a real fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I know, to the good old days when we had head injuries!
Some. Not as many as today. But we had more goals, fights, and entertainment. Plus the Rangers of the 70s were a Great team that was very enetertaining. They might even get you to start watching again until the first physical play then you’d boycott

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Why do the Rangers do this every year? They pick draft choices who need to go for "reconditioning" in Hartford. Top draft choices of other teams are playing in the NHL already.
Welcome to the boards! I'm curious as to which prospects you are referring to here. The only highly touted Rangers prospect I can think of that went down for a conditioning assignment was Buchnevich last season when he had the back/core strength issue.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Some. Not as many as today. But we had more goals, fights, and entertainment. Plus the Rangers of the 70s were a Great team that was very enetertaining. They might even get you to start watching again until the first physical play then you’d boycott

I haven't abandoned the team because of physical play.

It's because they suck, and they constantly overhaul the roster while the people running the team never change. Tired of losing players every year to get the same results.

I like physical play. You're on record as saying you enjoy the other team getting concussions. That crosses the line. And then you expect to not be criticized for that.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I haven't abandoned the team because of physical play.

It's because they suck, and they constantly overhaul the roster while the people running the team never change. Tired of losing players every year to get the same results.

I like physical play. You're on record as saying you enjoy the other team getting concussions. That crosses the line. And then you expect to not be criticized for that.
I disagree with your first part. As far as the second I absolutely want players on other teams to suffer from the same injuries including concussions that they inflict upon our players with dirty cheap hits

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I disagree with your first part. As far as the second I absolutely want players on other teams to suffer from the same injuries including concussions that they inflict upon our players with dirty cheap hits

Hits to the head need to be eliminated altogether. I understand being angry when it happens to one of our guys, but a culture of eye-for-an-eye is bad for the sport.

Reactions: Inferno

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
My first game I ever went to at the old MSG, Gumper was in nets. I was a teenager. He always had a smile on his face, win or lose!! (Most often losing - I felt sorry for him)!

If only Lundqvist had the same luck though [playing years I mean].

To answer your OP, one of the issues with the type of prospects you desire is the Rangers don't have them.

The only players who mainly to the amateur to full time pro line up players are future hall of famers.

Ex. Crosby, Ovechkin, maybe McDavid [at least that the expectation]

Most even Tier 1 players and of course lower tier do get held back a bit and farm seasoned on all teams except for some true bottom feeders who already made the cap floor.

The Rangers prospect system [as a whole] has been on average exponentially better in the New Era than it was from the early 90s until the lockout in 2004-2005.

I mean you are really longing for what the Rangers should finally do for once, completely crap out and build a dynasty, but they don't, so we do not posses the type of prospects [note: I'm NOT saying we don't have good prospects] who make that type of jump on the current game.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
To claim concussions happened less back then for "reasons" is silly. To say concussions weren't being diagnosed because they weren't recognized as being a serious problem is far more accurate. Sports science has moved forward massively since the 1970s. I just wish the brains of people stuck in that era of hockey would move forward as well

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
To claim concussions happened less back then for "reasons" is silly. To say concussions weren't being diagnosed because they weren't recognized as being a serious problem is far more accurate. Sports science has moved forward massively since the 1970s. I just wish the brains of people stuck in that era of hockey would move forward as well
I wish the brains of people from today would move backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->