Proposal: [NYR/EDM]

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Go onto the OP's profile.
It says "Miller the Bozo"
Guess he doesn't even want us to take him seriously.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I want to trade Lucic but only if it is a hockey trade not going to add a sweetener to move him.
There is not one player on your team I would move LD for.
Even if you offered Hayes and Kreider I would not trade him as they are both on a lower level. Not moving LD for quality only quality

Reactions: ivanlwan

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
... if you don’t think taking Lucic back and getting Draisaitl and 10 for Kreider Hayes and 28 isn’t a massive overpayment, I’m scared of what you’d think would
Be.

As you noted earlier, this was not particularly good for NYR

Would rather start w/clean slate.
The issue is less value than currency

Oil need to be real and acknowledge that if Lucic moved 10OA is starting point.
However I don't see Draisatil part of the equation.

Also, if Kreider/Hayes were moved, NY would get more in higher competitive bids in separate deals.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Also, if Kreider/Hayes were moved, NY would get more in higher competitive bids in separate deals.

Noooo, reread the post I replied to. I said Lucic and 10 for the NYR package isn’t good for the Rangers. The addition of Draisaitl is not one that you can afford.

Lucic and 10 is a package that can be discussed. Lucic Draisaitl and 10 is nothing more than a dial tone. Leon is not available .

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Nah, HF needs to be real and stop assuming that Lucic is pure negative value. If he were a UFA today, he's still one of the more sought after LWs on that list of FAs this summer. If a group of GMs is looking at a player like Patrick Maroon and the cap hit and term is heading in to uncomfortable territory, a deal for Lucic with a little unwanted salary going back the other way doesn't seem like a bad alternative. Lucic went 40 games without scoring a goal last season, shot a career low 6% and still managed to put up 34 points. When the UFA market at his position is about six players deep--even smaller when talking top six options--the idea that Milan Lucic is going to take an over-payment to trade away is dumb. Most of those guys available are all older than him as well.

Reactions: ivanlwan

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nah, HF needs to be real and stop assuming that Lucic is pure negative value. If he were a UFA today, he's still one of the more sought after LWs on that list of FAs this summer. If a group of GMs is looking at a player like Patrick Maroon and the cap hit and term is heading in to uncomfortable territory, a deal for Lucic with a little unwanted salary going back the other way doesn't seem like a bad alternative. Lucic went 40 games without scoring a goal last season, shot a career low 6% and still managed to put up 34 points. When the UFA market at his position is about six players deep--even smaller when talking top six options--the idea that Milan Lucic is going to take an over-payment to trade away is dumb. Most of those guys available are all older than him as well.

There is a disconnect in the bold.
Assuming you were right and there was demand - which is not a given - if he were a ufa, by definition that albatross of a contract - again mostly as to term - would by definition not be an issue.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
There is a disconnect in the bold.
Assuming you were right and there was demand - which is not a given - if he were a ufa, by definition that albatross of a contract - again mostly as to term - would by definition not be an issue.
$6m x 5 years? With a $3.5m bonus being paid out on July 1st, the real dollar AAV drops to $4.5m over the final five years of the deal. When you also assume that there will be unwanted cap moving back the other way offsetting some of that salary for the first few years...yes, Lucic may begin to look like a better gamble than one of the options available in free agency. Particularly smaller market teams whose payrolls are generally closer to the cap floor.

The contracts given out in FA will be bad value, too in all likelihood. They usually are.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
You don't think Kreider would be a good winger for McDavis? You don't want to get rid of Lucic? You don't think Hayes is a good shutdown center? It's not lopsided at all, what if we remove the draft picks?

Wouldn't get rid of Looch at the expense of Drai. And it's majorly lopsided.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The new mindset around here that teams might be willing to let go of their #1, #2, or #3 player just to get rid of a bad contract really needs to come to an end. Just because Karlsson was being packaged with Bobby Ryan doesn't mean all teams are going to trade their top stars to save a buck. Karlsson being on the block has nothing to do with Ryan, it's a bonus for them.

This deal is awful.

You can argue the #10 for Hayes, while some might feel that's way too much and others might not want to part with Hayes after after last season, but Draisaitl isn't going for the rest of the package, or really anything Rangers would put together that both sides would find fair.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

tenor.gif

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Yet insider information is suggesting that this statement is incorrect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad