Proposal: [NYR/EDM] How to get faster and drop Lucic

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This is bad for the rangers

Depends to they plan to contend in the next 2-3 years? If not this is a great trade especially if their is compliance buyouts in a couple years

Hypothetically they could also turn around and trade Lucic at 50% for a decent return as well

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Considering how often Chia gets played on deals I would be angry with this. How about Zucc, Kreider, and DeAngelo for 10 Lucic Puljujarvi Klefbom and another Prospect

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Another 10 OA + Lucic trade hey? If this is the price I'd rather just hang on to Lucic for another year. See if he returns to 50 point form or even close. One more year off his contract and a 45-50 point campaign and the Oilers don't have to give up a top 10 pick. Bad for Rangers? They make out like bandits.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Another 10 OA + Lucic trade hey? If this is the price I'd rather just hang on to Lucic for another year. See if he returns to 50 point form or even close. One more year off his contract and a 45-50 point campaign and the Oilers don't have to give up a top 10 pick. Bad for Rangers? They make out like bandits.

Not sure Oilers owner will be willing to buy out Lucic in a couple years but I think alot of teams are looking forward to those compliance buyouts in 20/21. lol

Problem with Lucic(much like Ladd for my team) is their contracts are bonus heavy and I beleive if you buy the player out they get the full value of the bonus. League needs to stop that next CBA

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC

Actually, I think this is a pretty OK hockey trade. I am sending back a high second and a good young player, that still has wheels (and Lucic is getting slower by the year). Most of the other offers did not send anything significant back.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well, Lucic's final bonus is paid this July 1st. His actual contract drops to $4.5 Million while his cap hit remains $6 Million. The Oilers front-loaded the $$$ in this contract. That has to count for budget teams if they're thinking of trading for Lucic. The NYRs obviously are not a budget team.

Seriously Ranger fans if you want the 10 oa the Oilers are going to ask for something valuable in return. They're not going to package Lucic just to get rid of him. Bob Stauffer said exactly that and he is basically just a spokesman for the team now.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Actually, I think this is a pretty OK hockey trade. I am sending back a high second and a good young player, that still has wheels (and Lucic is getting slower by the year). Most of the other offers did not send anything significant back.

The Oilers posters on here have dealt with this proposal from a ton of other teams fans, so your opinion is not the only one where this is said to be fair. The problem is, Oiler fans know their team and riding out even one more year changes the Dynamic of the Lucic deal immensely. He could return to form and then he turns into an asset that is at least tradable past July 2019 when both this year and next years Signing bonus's have been paid. He will then only have 16 million owing for the last 4 years of that contract. Lucic at $4.0m actual cash would be a value contract for teams looking to make the floor.

The assets that are being sent back are marginal players and lower draft picks at best.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Wouldn't mind it, gives us cap space and good depth scoring in Spooner. Moving all the way down to the second round, where we don't draft well, would hurt though.

Reactions: Chan790

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well, Lucic's final bonus is paid this July 1st. His actual contract drops to $4.5 Million while his cap hit remains $6 Million. The Oilers front-loaded the $$$ in this contract. That has to count for budget teams if they're thinking of trading for Lucic. The NYRs obviously are not a budget team.

Seriously Ranger fans if you want the 10 oa the Oilers are going to ask for something valuable in return. They're not going to package Lucic just to get rid of him. Bob Stauffer said exactly that and he is basically just a spokesman for the team now.

Lucic bonuses doesn't end after this one . He gets another 3 million next year . Here a break down . His contract is buy out proof

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 7.41.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 7.41.11 PM.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: TFHockey and thadd

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Switch that 2nd rounder with one of New York's later 1st rounders and I'd bite, but I see no reason for New York to show any interest. It's not like they need the 10th that badly.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Not sure Oilers owner will be willing to buy out Lucic in a couple years but I think alot of teams are looking forward to those compliance buyouts in 20/21. lol

Problem with Lucic(much like Ladd for my team) is their contracts are bonus heavy and I beleive if you buy the player out they get the full value of the bonus. League needs to stop that next CBA

Lol we're not the sens or one of the Southern teams, our owner is rich asf, he won't care as long as we're winning

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Switch that 2nd rounder with one of New York's later 1st rounders and I'd bite, but I see no reason for New York to show any interest. It's not like they need the 10th that badly.

Only way you get our 28th is if you add a 3rd rounder on your end. Some of the fans here seem to think that the track record for later round picks is not great anyway when your team picks them.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Depends to they plan to contend in the next 2-3 years? If not this is a great trade especially if their is compliance buyouts in a couple years

Hypothetically they could also turn around and trade Lucic at 50% for a decent return as well

too many people are assuming there will be compliance buyouts in a few years

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
Bad for Edmonton. We will not trade the 10th just to dump Lucic, this has been stated throughout our media base.

Even if we were that desperate to dump him, the value still is not there for us.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Only way you get our 28th is if you add a 3rd rounder on your end. Some of the fans here seem to think that the track record for later round picks is not great anyway when your team picks them.

That hasn’t been the case for some time. Recently we’ve picked up prospects like Skinner, Bear, Jones, Samorukov and Maksimov in the 3rd-5th rounds. I’m not interested in throwing picks away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad