Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Cody McLeod

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Nash is gonna get dealt. I think to San Jose. They are almost stupid to play him at all to get a return half decent. McLeod is the worst deterrent I have seen

Last edited:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He played 2 more 5v5 minutes than Nash tonight.

He played more than 10 minutes total in a game with the Preds once this season. Back to back games with 12 minutes with us @SA16

I'm tired, man. Tired. Tired and angry.

Just so predictable. AV does not understand that if you're going to have a player like this in your lineup (which you shouldn't) they at least should get extremely limited minutes. Instead he just gives them a regular shift.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just so predictable. AV does not understand that if you're going to have a player like this in your lineup (which you shouldn't) they at least should get extremely limited minutes. Instead he just gives them a regular shift.

If he played limited minutes, obviously 6 guys would have been concussed instead of 3.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
So, over the all star break people were trying to put an acceptable spin on picking up McLeod, saying he fills a need, he’ll protect Lias/Chytil when they get called up, team needs more fire and he’ll be a spark plug, he’ll only play limited minutes, etc.

Anyone... anyone at all... want to justify McLeod being here after all the deterring and protecting he did tonight? Pitiful.

Reactions: Inferno

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
From reading Sean Avery's book---this is what Scotty Bowman told him when he was a rookie. 'Never get in a fight when the team is ahead'. It makes sense and really why would Watson want to go with someone he probably wouldn't win against when his team was ahead?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
He probably took the cleanest hit from the Preds tonight in the 3rd from Emelin, which is hilarious.

Should be waived tomorrow, with Nieves and Vinni called up and getting consistent minutes.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This thread shouldn’t be bumped.

Who cares?!?!?!

Titanic sinking and we are debating what silverware we should use.

Let
It
Go

It speaks to a bigger issue.

Even if the whole ship is sinking, the professionals in charge of this team should be giving me a fork to eat soup with.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It speaks to a bigger issue.

Even if the whole ship is sinking, the professionals in charge of this team should be giving me a fork to eat soup with.
I agree w that sentiment I do... but there are much more egregious issues.

No one will even remember this guy in two weeks. Who. Cares?????

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Well..I was on board with this signing initially but now?
Not so much..

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

People are just annoyed by the principle of it. It’s just a microcosm of the ineptitude of the organization.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I was on board for bringing him on to fight and protect. Tonight was his chance and he didn’t. I’d cut him tonight

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

It's just that this is something we've seen with the club over, and over, and over under AV. Its outdated in its philosophy and unjustified. You're absolutely correct that in the grand scheme of things it won't matter, but it's just a reminder of the bullshit that's been going on here for years.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Well..I was on board with this signing initially but now?
Not so much..
Yes in retrospect we can analyze anything...in general what people think immediately shows what their understanding of the situation is....

Goons.....don't.....stop....cheapshots.

They don't protect anyone.

They don't intimidate anyone.

They don't help your team score goals.

They don't prevent the other team from scoring goals.

One day our moronic organization will understand these basic ideas.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If you want to not be soft there are plenty of ways to do it
..and I'm all for it.

First...you finish every check...something we like never do.

Second...you don't let cheapshots go...if someone cheapshots you...your whole team needs to be all over that guy. Take the penalty and kill it.

Its a team thing...not a one guy thing. The toughest teams without a goon will always intimidate the crap outta soft teams with a goon.

Its a mindset and a coaching thing.

Av preaches soft hockey
..that's ok...that's what he preaches

..but effing stick with it...putting a God damn goon in the friggin lineup does nothing except make 25% of your lineup suck.

To balance out the minutes makes it even further obvious that this coach is an idiot and unquestionably one of the 5 worst coaches in hockey...as I've been saying for 3 God damn years now.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Honestly as horrible as Tanner Glass was, when someone on the team took a hit, he tried in his own Tanner ways to stick up for them. He never deterred a damn thing, but he at least tried to get in someone's grill and I will always credit him for that. He would have been more effective last night and he's not nearly as tough as Loady Mclod.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Honestly as horrible as Tanner Glass was, when someone on the team took a hit, he tried in his own Tanner ways to stick up for them. He never deterred a damn thing, but he at least tried to get in someone's grill and I will always credit him for that. He would have been more effective last night and he's not nearly as tough as Loady Mclod.

Not an excuse but he clearly didn’t want to fight anyone on his old team . Also McLeod is clearly a filler body as a lot are going soon

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Rangers seem to be dropping like flies to cheapshots since they added this bum. Probably no relationship to that, but just further proves there is absolutely no where in the NHL for players like McLeod, and there hasn’t been for a long time.

And he’s not even providing any extra entertainment...waive him a give one of the many AHL players that are more talented than him some NHL experience.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad