Proposal: [NYR / CGY] Zuccarello, 1st for Bennett, Fox

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
NYR trade Zuccarello and the 26th pick.
Calgary trades Sam Bennett & Adam Fox.

NYR gets a young roster player that fits in more with their long term view & a good defensive prospect (though 3rd on the Flames' depth chart).

Calgary gets a 55-60 point playmaking winger and a 1st that they can use to instead bolster the cupboard on the forward side.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The value seems alright, although considering Zuccarello’s contract, that’s a lot of youth for Calgary to give up for maybe a year.

Bongsong

May 5, 2018
Frolik + fox + 4th round pick is more what I would be willing to give up for that

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I can’t see us trading Fox until he tells us he isn’t signing.

He’s going to be a great PP QB, we need that.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I think long term the Flames would really end up regretting a move like this. It would definitely make them better for next season though.

They'd need to be reasonably certain that they can sign Zuc to a manageable extension at some point though.

Reactions: Rockmorton

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
not bad OP, not sure Cal is quick to move Bene.

No ? Zuc + Fox as core pieces is something largely agreed to.
Have previously suggested straight up, but with conditional pick delayed 2020 if NY loses Fox to draft and he doesn't sign.

Hopefully Fox would see easy path to RD on Rangers, access to part time first class schooling at this own pace. NY is closer than Cal to several college options. Given this he signs, and realizes he is better off starting his career sooner than later.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
A fairly reasonable deal.

CGY gets more skill in and 1st round pick to win during this window of opportunity. NYR continue to get younger and rebuild, but taking on risk the players develop.

:thumbu:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's a sensible, fair trade. So of course it wont happen

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Value is not awful but why trade for zuc and a first?

That's one asset that is pretty much win-now, and the other asset is 3+ years away from helping you win

The package doesn't make sense

Reactions: Maukkis

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not bad for either side. Calgary probably gets the benefit early on, but Zucc only has team control for another two seasons.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
No no no. We’re not giving up that much for a pending UFA. And, 26th OA is nothing special.

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
I like the core of this trade in fox and zuccarello, but i think bennett is a bit much to throw in and give up on for a first rounder. I could see a lower grade prospect or roster player being a better fit. Zucc + 2nd (cond.) if fox resigns or 4th if he doesnt for Fox + Mangiapane (pretty high on calarys depth chart). This way you can still get two good prospects (mangiapane is close to pushing the nhl) and can probobly be a solid middle six nhler. Then in Fox's case im sure he is ready for the nhl once he finishes at harvard. (Think he has a higher chance at signing with a US city expecially with calgarys depth chart) and if Fox pans out could be a huge steal long term.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Sounds like both sides have been about 50/50 on whether they want to do it.

About as fair as you can get, then :)

Reactions: klingsor

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I like the core of this trade in fox and zuccarello, but i think bennett is a bit much to throw in and give up on for a first rounder. I could see a lower grade prospect or roster player being a better fit. Zucc + 2nd (cond.) if fox resigns or 4th if he doesnt for Fox + Mangiapane (pretty high on calarys depth chart). This way you can still get two good prospects (mangiapane is close to pushing the nhl) and can probobly be a solid middle six nhler. Then in Fox's case im sure he is ready for the nhl once he finishes at harvard. (Think he has a higher chance at signing with a US city expecially with calgarys depth chart) and if Fox pans out could be a huge steal long term.

Best name in hockey

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
NYR trade Zuccarello and the 26th pick.
Calgary trades Sam Bennett & Adam Fox.

NYR gets a young roster player that fits in more with their long term view & a good defensive prospect (though 3rd on the Flames' depth chart).

Calgary gets a 55-60 point playmaking winger and a 1st that they can use to instead bolster the cupboard on the forward side.

No, Zucc alone should fetch more than Bennett and Fox.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
No from the Rangers. Zucc has the value of a first and at the very least we can get a late 1st for him, so we’re trading two 1sts for Fox and Bennett? I’d do Zucc alone for both but not with the 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->