Proposal: NYR and Canadiens trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I could see Kakko being traded to Montreal

I could see Armia at 50% as being of interest to the NYR.

Not sure how to line up the values though. Montreal clearly adds.... Winnipeg's first seems like too much, Colorado's second like not enough. Pittsburgh's second in 2025 maybe?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
No way Rangers trade Kakko straight up for Armia. Joel has the talent to be a really good 2nd line winger, but not the motivation. Few players look more lost in space than he does at times. He's had a nice second half of the season - when it doesn't matter given position in the standings.

He'll be with Montreal until the deadline next year. Despite his shortcomings, he'll be a good TDL pickup for someone. He does seem to play better in the second half and the playoffs.

Reactions: pth2

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I know there's some lovely pissing contests of late on here over Laf, but what am I missing on Kakko?
Size, some offensive tools, wildly inconsistent and the pedigree of a 1st rounder. Sounds like a younger Armia.
What am I missing about Kakko though?
His stats seem to have plateaued after 5 years in the league.
Does he have another gear or is he Kotkaniemi?
I get why NY fans wouldn't make the deal, but I don't see why Montreal would offer anything more than a late 1st for him?
Most of the Kakko proposals last year didn't involve 1st rounders.

Armia btw, who has been maddeningly inconsistent over the years, has been working with a sports psychologist and playing his best hockey in 3 years.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'd Do that Trade

Obviously, Rangers don't

I'd retain half on Armia and add picks (no first, of course, because it's still only Kappo, but 2nds)

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I can't imagine Armia has any real value. Hasn't played more than 60 games since 2017 season and that was the only time he has done it in his whole career, 19 pts this year making 3.4 million and he is about to turn 31 before the cup is hoisted and his career high is 30 points. I am sure there are better players available in free agency that could sign for the same or less.

Kappo had a terrible start to the season then got injured but has been solid since he came back. He had 40 points last year and is only 23 plus he isn't going to break the bank this offseason on a contract. I dont think he is untouchable and I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved in the offseason for an upgrade somewhere but its definitely no going to be for Armia.

Reactions: doming07

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
We're this change in the player environment will work in the next silly season.

I want to see this transition between the Rangers and Canadiens, two similar Finn and both are in the NHL level, this transfer would go through if the Rangers realize player Armia who did well in the last WC.

Any complain on transfer rumor or clear all liked?
How the hell did you get 105 likes with posts like this

Reactions: Nickmo82

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We're this change in the player environment will work in the next silly season.

I want to see this transition between the Rangers and Canadiens, two similar Finn and both are in the NHL level, this transfer would go through if the Rangers realize player Armia who did well in the last WC.

Any complain on transfer rumor or clear all liked?
I'm not sure what this says. It seems like a poor Google translation of another language.

Closed.

Reactions: UnSandvich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad