• Nathan Mackinnon

• William Nylander

• Avs fan saying Mackinnon

• Leafs fan saying Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

Party Kane

Nov 7, 2013
Chicago
these are comments people come up with when they don't really know what they're talking about I suppose

Nah you really don't know what you're talking about. The two are only separated by a year and Mackinnon has shown he can be a gamebreaker talent in flashes, now he's putting it all together.

and no, Nylander isn't a gamebreaker, don't even start with that shit.

BrodieOnTheCorner

May 14, 2016
It's MacKinnon, but let's just not act like Nylander didn't have 8 more points last year than him last year as a rookie.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Pastrnak about to have more goals than Nylander has assists

lmfao, the vitriol I received when I said Nylander's World Championship performance was good but doesn't mean he's elite/top 30 forward

also had 2 leaf fans make an avatar bet that Nylander would outscore Pasta at over 65 points. ahahahahhah

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nah you really don't know what you're talking about. The two are only separated by a year and Mackinnon has shown he can be a gamebreaker talent in flashes, now he's putting it all together.

and no, Nylander isn't a gamebreaker, don't even start with that ****.
what is your basis for being a gamebreaker talent? Nylander clearly has since he won the MVP of the world championships. it's hard to be a bigger gamebreaker than that

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What is this shit?
I love Nylander and think he will be a star but this Leafs fan takes MacKinnon without hesitation.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
what is your basis for being a gamebreaker talent? Nylander clearly has since he won the MVP of the world championships. it's hard to be a bigger gamebreaker than that

Like Memorial Cup MVP?

Or 10 points in 7 NHL playoff games?

Oh yeah. That's the tournament that MacKinnon outscored Nylander in, right?

Nylander is great. Would love to have him. Would not trade MacK for him straight up.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Like Memorial Cup MVP?

Or 10 points in 7 NHL playoff games?

Oh yeah. That's the tournament that MacKinnon outscored Nylander in, right?

Nylander is great. Would love to have him. Would not trade MacK for him straight up.
Never said Mac isn't also capable of being a massive difference maker. I've always been a huge fan of his and I'd take him over Nylander here, but my argument is that they're quite close overall. To say Nylander isn't even close and has no gamebreaking ability is laughable

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Never said Mac isn't also capable of being a massive difference maker. I've always been a huge fan of his and I'd take him over Nylander here, but my argument is that they're quite close overall. To say Nylander isn't even close and has no gamebreaking ability is laughable

There's different levels to it. Mikko Rantanen is the better comparison for Nylander than MacKinnon because MacK's ability to dominate is simply on another level than Nylander or Rantanen's; even though those other two are great young players who can control the action when on form as well.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
There's different levels to it. Mikko Rantanen is the better comparison for Nylander than MacKinnon because MacK's ability to dominate is simply on another level than Nylander or Rantanen's; even though those other two are great young players who can control the action when on form as well.
I disagree. Nylander is struggling badly with consistency but when he's on I don't think there's a huge gap between Nylander and Mac. I give MacKinnon the edge because he plays center and has a more proven track record

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Why is this poll still open. Even though it's totally lopsided in Mack's favor it's the correct vote.I'm surprised that Nylander even got 1 vote.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
MacKinnon has better top end speed and acceleration. Nylander is better on his edges.

I think everything that poster said can be arguable from both side. Mack has a wicked shot too and can pass has well. Mackinnon makes everyone better around him. In term of gamebreaking I think Mackinnon is closer to Matthews than Nylander is to Mackinnon. I will get ripped for saying that but that is my opinion and people will argue because of his stats.

It seems like a lot of people haven’t actually watched MacKinnon this year and just looked at his numbers from the past few seasons. The player he is this year is the player Colorado hoped they were getting when they drafted him. He is the best player on the ice every night and is absolutely carrying this team. The question obviously is if he can keep it up. If he does for the season than there is no question that he is the better player.

I agree with everything that guy said on Mack vs Barkov poll. What Matthews does for your team how a gamebreaker and clutch player he can be. That is what Mackinnon is for us right now. We hope that he keeps doing what he does night after night. And by no means I'm not saying that Mackinnon is better than Matthews.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I agree with most people and like I said before, the correct comparison is Rantanen vs Nylander. Even last year, MacK was a better player than Nylander. He was just stuck on the worst Avs team of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad