nylander/rielly vs aho/slavin

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Did you forget to close to poll?

But a poster previously stated that aho produced offense at a first line rate. That has nothing to do with "teams, line mates, system, usage, etc," but solely on offensive production. 9/10 people polled said 49 points isn't very good for a 1st line player offensively. That's it.

70% of the people responding to this poll picked Canes.

I guess we're done here.

----

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
These people hear what they want to hear and just want someone to argue with. I've said Aho has top line potential on more than one occasion. I haven't even once denied that he could be better than Nylander in the future. My argument is based on Aho's 49 point season last year not being top line calibre. For some reason that's unreasonable to say as its apparently expected that a top line production of 49 points is acceptable and deemed a success in today's NHL.
I think there is a difference in playing like first line player and producing like one. There is still a difference in first line players like McDavid who can score 100+ points every season to first line player like Voracek who only scored less than 60 points this season but he was still able to play solid hockey in the first line, despite that good level of hockey not converting into points.

I can see why you don't want to think player to be first line player if you see him only scoring 49 points in 82 games. But what if Aho somehow got to play with some other team with better linemates and he would crack 60 points because of that? But nothing would have changed in his game, only that his linemates were better at finishing the chances he created. Better linemates usually also mean the player himself is going to get more scoring chances than he would get with lesser linemates.

As long as I see Aho playing like he did last year where he was able to make smart moves with the puck and wasn't a liability on the ice even against teams like Pittsburgh, he is a first line caliber player to me.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
No I agree, hf polls should 100% be taken with a grain of salt. I've seen polls that are way off!

I'm not (and I don't think atmos is) saying that aho wasn't a first line player.

But a poster previously stated that aho produced offense at a first line rate. That has nothing to do with "teams, line mates, system, usage, etc," but solely on offensive production. 9/10 people polled said 49 points isn't very good for a 1st line player offensively. That's it.

That's exactly what Atomos is saying lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->