Proposal: Nylander for Weber

fair value ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
After the half million Weber trade threads where teams repeatedly decline to take on that contract, how is is possible for a fanbase to remain so delusional about a players value?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Giordano, Josi, Keith, suter are all not superior than Weber in my mind. DOn'T forget that weber was injured last season since the first game.

What evidence do you have other than "eye test". Josi, Giordano, and Keith always outperform Weber offensively and defensively, minus Keith in 2017-2018 (Which is one off season). Stats speaking Josi and Giordano are significantly better than Weber, while Keith is usually better than Weber. Keith's partners aren't better than Weber's either and Keith usually takes harder comp as well. So does Giordano. Josi takes easier but he still vastly outperforms Weber while barely taking easily comp.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
You gave a list with Letang not being debatable. Stopped taking you serious there.

Letang constantly outperforms Weber and has excellent advanced metrics. You can fault his occasional gaffes, but what he does on a larger sample size is far superior to Weber. It's not like Letang has a great partner either.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So I know Bergevin like simple 1 for 1 trade and I want to keep it simple. Also, I don't mind much about rivalries to be frank as long as both team fill a need. Here is my proposition:

To Montreal :
- Nylander

To Toronto :
- Weber

Nylander can play center pretty well, he is fast, he is in our core age and will act as a piece for our rebuild.
Weber will solidify a lot Toronto D and will act as a mentor to Dermott and Rielly.

This is real bad offer . Why would TML even consider it . While Weber is still a good D he is slowing down and the NHL is getting fast . I would bet if Weber is moved he returns a cap down and a young D man and maybe a later 1st

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
giphy.gif

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Letang constantly outperforms Weber and has excellent advanced metrics. You can fault his occasional gaffes, but what he does on a larger sample size is far superior to Weber. It's not like Letang has a great partner either.

Letang hasn’t been near Weber since 2016. I could pick apart your list but it’s not worth it. I’m sure someone else will. If somebody else doesn’t, I will. Either way you named 20, that makes the poster who named him only a #1 on Montreal look foolish so it’s not worth the time.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Enjoy the 9M marner and 8M nylander with a 12M matthews then. You won't fit those 3 next year

we will enjoy it.all six of nylander,all seven of marner and all ten of matthews destroying montreals soft,brittle,old,decaying,....Hockey team.....

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
Lol, at the Leaf fans who say no, the price for a good Rd defenseman is costly, look at the Oilers they traded a heart trophy winner, yes I know award night hasn't happened yet but Hall will win mark my words. For a decent shut down right handed defenceman. For a guy like Weber who should be a effective player until retirement for a one dimensional almost Eberle like winger, yes winger. He's no center in the NHL? Jeez I'd take that deal and run before the Habs ask for a huge plus from TO. We would defiantly take weber in Edmonton for a winger like Nylander any day.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
No one will trade a talented and skilled player for an older player who is already on the decline and battling injury issues. The age difference is nearly 11 years. Who is kidding whom here?

Price and Weber are untradeable for a number of years (I make it four years at a minimum, but YMMV), and Habs fans are just going to have to hope they get solid value and few injuries out of those two... and perhaps a new GM.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Lol, at the Leaf fans who say no, the price for a good Rd defenseman is costly, look at the Oilers they traded a heart trophy winner, yes I know award night hasn't happened yet but Hall will win mark my words. For a decent shut down right handed defenceman. For a guy like Weber who should be a effective player until retirement for a one dimensional almost Eberle like winger, yes winger. He's no center in the NHL? Jeez I'd take that deal and run before the Habs ask for a huge plus from TO. We would defiantly take weber in Edmonton for a winger like Nylander any day.

Lol fans from everywhere point and laugh at this trade, and you post this.

Perhaps you also missed the lopsided poll at the top?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If leafs are moving Nylander, its for a similar age talent on D
not 33 year ol Weber coming off an injury riddled season

would they do liljegren + 1st + something? thats a different story

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Enjoy the 9M marner and 8M nylander with a 12M matthews then. You won't fit those 3 next year

LOL

yup dude, with comparables like Pastrnak,Schiefele,Ehlers,Forsberg,Barkov etc all coming in between 5.9-6.67
Nylander and Marner are gonna make 2.5-3mil more than all

why is it only the leafs young talent that jumps into being the top 10-15 paid players in the league coming off an ELC?

it will be funny to look back on these kinda threads when the big 3 end up going for 24 mil and not nearly 30 like some suggest (Matthews 11, Marner 7, Nylander 6.5 is my guess with the rising cap)

beer123

Nov 15, 2009

Lol Hall for Larsson was an awful trade. No one should be looking up to Chiarelli’s moves as a basis for their next trades.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Lol Hall for Larsson was an awful trade. No one should be looking up to Chiarelli’s moves as a basis for their next trades.
especially since there's been RHD of that tier traded since for a lot less - Hamonic. People with RHD to trade just want to believe that they are sitting on the most valuable trade asset in the world even when the market has indicated otherwise since the outlier happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->