Proposal: NYI/Washington

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Mantha is available for 2nd rounder.

It'd take more than that to add Lee to the deal.

Reactions: Hivemind

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Lee is: Less productive, signed to more term, older and are paid more. He has negative value while Mantha have value in a trade.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Lee is negative value at that cap hit. Plus I doubt he'd waive so this is an offseason move when his trade protection softens

As you've noted, Lee's deal was always structured so that the commitment wanes after this year, and further the year after. (His cap will be 7M for 25-26, but cash will be 4.5M) Lee is one of those unusual hyper-social type-A guys everyone likes. With Matt Martin likely out of the picture after the season, I believe NYI will want to keep Lee for another year. If anyone can pull off the massively overpaid 4th liner gracefully & without causing resentment, it's him. Too hard to know what will happen after next season. IMO it's just as likely he'll end up LTI-retired as being shuttled elsewhere.

And, yeah, he's got negative value. And he's worth more to NYI than what they'd have to pay to ship him out. If NYI sell (as a NYI fan, they should), start with Nelson, and see if there's demand for anyone else they might not mind moving on from.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Considering he’d be the best QB option for the Redskins/Football team/Commanders/whatever name they go by this week, I can’t see the Capitals wanting to make that trade with another team in mind.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Considering he’d be the best QB option for the Redskins/Football team/Commanders/whatever name they go by this week, I can’t see the Capitals wanting to make that trade with another team in mind.
Ha! I don't think Lee has the wheels to escape the pocket like he did back in the day. At any rate, the Jets will probably need him to play as a pinata.

Reactions: miscs75

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
3rd + Wahlstrom for Mantha, re-sign if he fits under Roy. Figure out Lee in the offseason…

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Ha! I don't think Lee has the wheels to escape the pocket like he did back in the day. At any rate, the Jets will probably need him to play as a pinata.
I heard as part of his recent contract negotiations, he stated he would never play for a team with a fanbase who worships the full-sized bus version of Dancin Larry. Fireman Ed just cursed the Jets again.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I heard as part of his recent contract negotiations, he stated he would never play for a team with a fanbase who worships the full-sized bus version of Dancin Larry. Fireman Ed just cursed the Jets again.
That's a string of words that had no meeting to this relatively old person.

The thing I find kind of amusing is that huge hockey player Lee could be an undersized tight end or a normal sized strong safety.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
3rd + Wahlstrom for Mantha, re-sign if he fits under Roy. Figure out Lee in the offseason…
Do they want a smooth skating LHD as well? Sebastian Aho can always be along for the adventure with Oliver Walterson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad