Dreger: NYI, NSH, TB, MTL among teams interested in Andrew Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm confident we can actually sign him in Montreal if it's actually our main competition. Ex-Hawks players (Shaw, Danault) and management (Bergevin, Dudley, Waite), the guarantee to play in an offensive role, and I think the interest of playing in Canada can go a long way.

Plus if there's a guy on the market I can see Bergevin overpaying, it's Ladd.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
So happy to not see Toronto in any of this. The era of terrible signings is hopefully over. And then we have Lupul, Laich, Michalek, and Robidas off our books in the next 2 years.

Good luck everyone!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Makes 0 sense for TB, unless Yzerman has a plan in place to move about a bajillion dollars. out.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Ladd would be smart to sign somewhere there is as good fit and he will have success and a team wont be looking to dump his contract in a few years.

Unfortunately if he chases anything near top dollar, you just know its on the tracks for a team to try and rid him down the line

Signing somewhere at 4x$4.0 is probably his best interest, but you never know how much money people are trying to chase

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
As long as we don't over pay.Which means no friggin 6x6.
But than again MB is leading the charge so overpaying is a very good possibility.
4x 4 i would gladly take.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So happy to not see Toronto in any of this. The era of terrible signings is hopefully over. And then we have Lupul, Laich, Michalek, and Robidas off our books in the next 2 years.

Good luck everyone!

Signing players long term who play a punishing physical style is never a good idea when those contract years are happening on the wrong side of 30. A rapid decline is more than likely. And yet, several GMs are sure to bite anyway.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
As an Isles fan, I would be really pissed if Okposo walks and they sign Ladd for similar $$$. Given their age, and Ladd's style of play, I would rather have Okposo for 7 years than Ladd for 4-5.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Ladd would be smart to sign somewhere there is as good fit and he will have success and a team wont be looking to dump his contract in a few years.

Unfortunately if he chases anything near top dollar, you just know its on the tracks for a team to try and rid him down the line

Signing somewhere at 4x$4.0 is probably his best interest, but you never know how much money people are trying to chase

Ladd is getting 6M+, maybe 5.5M now after his weak performance in Chicago.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Ladd in Tampa bay would actually be cool to see. He'd be an interesting piece to their team.

Signing him to anything more than a one-year deal at ~$4M would cost us a more interesting piece of our team.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
If it is for one year, I am fine with it!

Yeah I'm sure he'll totally be gunning for a 1 year contract considering this is his final kick at the can....surely you can't be serious. You have exactly 0% chance of signing him for 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad