Proposal: NYI 1st+Nelson +Hickey

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Why would we add another top-6 forward? Offense is not our problem.

I'd trade Nelson if it meant adding someone like OEL, but I don't see that happening.

Beauvillier needs to get stronger, his game is suffering as a result. He might benefit from some time in the AHL. Chimera should be sitting, but he seems bulletproof from being scratched.

I'm sorry, I meant bottom-6 forward, not top-6.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Can Granlund be a tough bottom-6 player that can PK? I know he's small, but he's supposed to be good defensively, right? If that's the case, and he can handle playing on a line with Beauvillier and Ho-Sang, then I would definitely do a bigger package. Not a much bigger one, but a bigger one.

Quoting another poster (krutovsdonut), "Granlund is deployed as a checker seeing 44% offensive zone starts and killing penalties. he is third among forwards for ice time (not first) but that's because he kills penalties and is matched against better opposing players, not because of offensive opportunities." So he might be a fit. That and his low shot % are some parts of the explanation why his stats are awful this season, but not saying he's anything but a cheap bottom 6 player - but that's what you'd need, right?

So.. Edler and Granlund for 2 2nds and something?
Or Edler and Granlund for either one of your seconds and something?
Whatcha think?

Reactions: IODCPiper

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Quoting another poster (krutovsdonut), "Granlund is deployed as a checker seeing 44% offensive zone starts and killing penalties. he is third among forwards for ice time (not first) but that's because he kills penalties and is matched against better opposing players, not because of offensive opportunities." So he might be a fit. That and his low shot % are some parts of the explanation why his stats are awful this season, but not saying he's anything but a cheap bottom 6 player - but that's what you'd need, right?

So.. Edler and Granlund for 2 2nds and something?
Or Edler and Granlund for either one of your seconds and something?
Whatcha think?

Would the Canucks do two 2018 2nds (ours and CGY's), Thomas Hickey, and Parker Wotherspoon or Mitch Vande Sompel?

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Would the Canucks do two 2018 2nds (ours and CGY's), Thomas Hickey, and Parker Wotherspoon or Mitch Vande Sompel?

Interesting. How do you compare Wotherspoon and Vande Sompel to some of your better known prospects like Bellows, saying.. on what tier are these players compared to him? A brief eye check on their stats and what's written on them might have me prefer Vande Sompel out of the two, but I'm lacking good comparisons on their skill level to have good judgment.

If Hickey would be considered a sort of a cap dump / necessary addition without too much added value, we might take him on board, too.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Interesting. How do you compare Wotherspoon and Vande Sompel to some of your better known prospects like Bellows, saying.. on what tier are these players compared to him? A brief eye check on their stats and what's written on them might have me prefer Vande Sompel out of the two, but I'm lacking good comparisons on their skill level to have good judgment.

If Hickey would be considered a sort of a cap dump / necessary addition without too much added value, we might take him on board, too.

Wotherspoon is a two-way guy. Good on both ends of the ice, good size, smart player. Vande Sompel is small, but offensively gifted. They'd both be available because of the emergence of Devon Toews, who would not be available.

For comparisons, I guess Wotherspoon is kind of a Kris Russell type and Vande Sompel is like a poor man's Jake Gardiner.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Wotherspoon is a two-way guy. Good on both ends of the ice, good size, smart player. Vande Sompel is small, but offensively gifted. They'd both be available because of the emergence of Devon Toews, who would not be available.

For comparisons, I guess Wotherspoon is kind of a Kris Russell type and Vande Sompel is like a poor man's Jake Gardiner.
Interesting. Picking between those two, I'd choose Wotherspoon. So Edler and Granlund for 2 2nd, Hickey and Wotherspoon. We get two picks in a deep draft, a good prospect and a filler D (who we could even trade at the TDL) for Edler and Granlund. I'd do it.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
And yet prospect analysts like Pronman and Thompson the Bridgeport head coach ,who actually make their living scouting or developing prospects, have said he is making slow steady progress, that 21 is too soon to give up on him.

Hmmm..armchair GMs on a message board or those with actual experience in prospect development? Oh tough one
A "goal scorer" with 2 goals after 23 games in the AHL?
Hmmm.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
A "goal scorer" with 2 goals after 23 games in the AHL?
Hmmm.
I didn"t say the isles were giving high fives over MDC' s development. Based on a recent Newsday article, they feel he is working hard and making progress.
MDC as a 3td line nhler is more appealing, then using him as a sweetener or dumping him cheaply.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I didn"t say the isles were giving high fives over MDC' s development. Based on a recent Newsday article, they feel he is working hard and making progress.
MDC as a 3td line nhler is more appealing, then using him as a sweetener or dumping him cheaply.

What else are they going to say?

I don't think they'd bash him in the media, it's PR. He can't be making progress that fast based on his stat line....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->