Proposal: NYI 1st+Nelson +Hickey

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am wondering what 2nd pairing D would be available at the TDL. I want an upgrade on De Haan OR Pelech the isles current #3 and #4 D.

Isles could offer one of their 1st round picks, lw/c Nelson and Hickey.Isles also have some solid blueline ahl prospects in Vande Sopel ,Aho, Burrough Wotherspoon .

Nelson is a rfa in July.Good for 20 goals a season, but inconsistent.
Hickey is a solid 3rd pairing D.
A ufa in July.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I am wondering what 2nd pairing D would be available at the TDL. I want an upgrade on De Haan OR Pelech the isles current #3 and #4 D.

Isles could offer one of their 1st round picks, lw/c Nelson and Hickey.Isles also have some solid blueline ahl prospects in Vande Sopel ,Aho, Burrough Wotherspoon .

Nelson is a rfa in July.Good for 20 goals a season, but inconsistent.
Hickey is a solid 3rd pairing D.
A ufa in July.

Justin Braun for calgary's 1st and Nelson

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I think Green could fit the bill. and id take just the first. He would probably be open to signing there too. But understandable if he isn't what you want

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I loved Travis as an isle.
I have read fan posts and it sounds like he is struggling a bit.I expect he will turn things around. He is too young for his game to just fall off a cliff.
Yeah, He has been struggling, But it is understandable considering he's on a new team and it takes a bit to adjust. I really like him and am sure he will turn it around. I don't want to trade him.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think Green could fit the bill. and id take just the first. He would probably be open to signing there too. But understandable if he isn't what you want

I am just guessing because there has been no real hints in the media,but I would think adding a blueliner who can help keep the pucks out of the nyi net would be a higher priority then adding D that can score.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I loved Travis as an isle.
I have read fan posts and it sounds like he is struggling a bit.I expect he will turn things around. He is too young for his game to just fall off a cliff.
we dont know if Travis would even come back, given what his Moms situation is.

he was traded for a reason. unless that reason has solved itself which is doubtful. no matter how much we love Travis, and like you, I do as well, his days as an Islander are over

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If the Nucks still want to trade Tanev, A 1st, Nelson, and Hickey seems fair to me for a solid Top 4 defender.
Easy pass for me. I wouldn't trade a top pairing d-man for a late 1st, a middle 6 forward, and an upcoming UFA bottom pairing d-man. I would only move Tanev if a young impact NHL player or a very high-end prospect was coming our way.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I think Hjalmarsson would be a good pickup. Not signed for very long with a good cap hit so he can be let go if he's not needed. Isn't really needed in Arizona.

Dal Colle + Hickey/Mayfield + pick?

Leddy - Boychuk
Pelech - Hjalmarsson
De Haan - Pulock/Seidenberg

3 very balanced pairings.

Reactions: IODCPiper

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I am just guessing because there has been no real hints in the media,but I would think adding a blueliner who can help keep the pucks out of the nyi net would be a higher priority then adding D that can score.

I mean he isn't a slouch at all in his own end. I was thinking it was more of an age thing. but I don't think you get much better of a defender for a later round first

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Not saying he's a fit, but he's pretty good defensively.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
we dont know if Travis would even come back, given what his Moms situation is.

he was traded for a reason. unless that reason has solved itself which is doubtful. no matter how much we love Travis, and like you, I do as well, his days as an Islander are over
I am not suggesting the isles get Hamonic back. I would think he is pretty happy to be playing so close to home.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think Hjalmarsson would be a good pickup. Not signed for very long with a good cap hit so he can be let go if he's not needed. Isn't really needed in Arizona.

Dal Colle + Hickey/Mayfield + pick?

Leddy - Boychuk
Pelech - Hjalmarsson
De Haan - Pulock/Seidenberg

3 very balanced pairings.

Hickey is a ufa in July while Mayfield will not be a rfa until July 2019.This makes a difference in their trade value.
I think 1st+MDC+one of Hickey/Mayfield is an overpayment.

I have read scouting reports from two prospects writers and comments from MDC"s head coach.All point to the slow ,but steady progress 21 yr d MDC is making.
Isles need snipers ,so no wish to use MDC as some sweetener.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Starting to think they should just get what they can in draft picks for Nelson and Hickey and use that money to extend Calvin de Haan.
I wonder if the isles front office had any idea about the 2018-2019 cap increasing, when they balked at De Haan's $5m per multi yr demand.
I would rather see De Haan get that $, then see the inconsistent Nelson get a raise next summer.

Reactions: IODCPiper

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Hickey is a ufa in July while Mayfield will not be a rfa until July 2019.This makes a difference in their trade value.

I have read scouting reports from two prospects writers and comments from MDC"s head coach.All point to the slow ,but steady progress 21 yr d MDC is making.

I agree with Crew here

'll admit i could be dead wrong especially since Ive seen MDC with a wine glass lounging in a hot tub (not the most "im training hard" picture I grant you.) but after seeing Josh bailey grow from a passenger to a full fledged force. im hesitant to give up on MDC as well

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

MDC=Bust.

Reactions: Dale Best Goalie

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
If the Nucks still want to trade Tanev, A 1st, Nelson, and Hickey seems fair to me for a solid Top 4 defender.

Value is definitely a little low, too much quantity, especially when you consider how late the pick could be, our currently full forward roster and the fact that our best prospects are forwards, and Hickey's contract status.

Most importantly, the fact that no one wants to see Tanev go. Yeah, he could be traded, but the offer would have to be better than that. I'm sure there would be better offers if he was actually on the block.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Value is definitely a little low, too much quantity, especially when you consider how late the pick could be, our currently full forward roster and the fact that our best prospects are forwards, and Hickey's contract status.

Most importantly, the fact that no one wants to see Tanev go. Yeah, he could be traded, but the offer would have to be better than that. I'm sure there would be better offers if he was actually on the block.
Isles would prob have to offer Beauvillier+ for Tanev. And I'd think about it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
MDC=Bust.
And yet prospect analysts like Pronman and Thompson the Bridgeport head coach ,who actually make their living scouting or developing prospects, have said he is making slow steady progress, that 21 is too soon to give up on him.

Hmmm..armchair GMs on a message board or those with actual experience in prospect development? Oh tough one

Reactions: 72hockey guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->