NY Daily News: Jesper Fast proving to be reliable, versatile wing for Rangers

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
BY Justin Tasch
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 10:48 AM

Jesper Fast is a great fit for Alain Vigneault’s fourth line, a speedy and defensively responsible wing who is adept on the penalty kill.

But the Swede the Rangers call “Quickie” is more of a Swiss-Army-Knife kind of player for the Rangers, a reliable, versatile wing who can move up and down the lineup, play with anyone and not skip a beat....
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...able-versatile-wing-rangers-article-1.2835056

Last edited by a moderator:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
1ck9gv.jpg

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
“I just think that Quickie’s a smart player,” Vigneault said Monday. “We’ve used him in different roles throughout his time here, whether it be matchups or jumping up into one of the top lines and he’s always done well for us. He’s an extremely smart player.”

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Man, great to see someone other than Stop coaching Pat at the DN.

Could have only imagined where he would have taken that article....

"Maybe Fast's best strength is cleaning up for Dan Boyle and Keith Yandle, who make far too many mistakes..."

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Stupid penalty that lead to the 5 on 3. His pass to Hayes was excellent. He has 2 assists which are Gretzky like numbers for him and he has looked average on the PK. it's only three games but he should be a tweener not a lock to make the roster every year. Especially when he adds nothing physically and is not a great Penalty Killer.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Decent 3rd liner when he's on his game, I'd prefer him on the 4th line though and think he's one of the better 4th liners in the league.

I don't get the hate. It's not his fault that Vigneault is an idiot that sometimes like to give him too much ice time.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Stupid penalty that lead to the 5 on 3. His pass to Hayes was excellent. He has 2 assists which are Gretzky like numbers for him and he has looked average on the PK. it's only three games but he should be a tweener not a lock to make the roster every year. Especially when he adds nothing physically and is not a great Penalty Killer.

In my opinion, 4th line players should add something to the team. PK, PP or be able to play a shutdown role in the final minutes. Fast is very versatile, but he is not great in any of those aspects.

Last season with the limited depth, I had no problem with him being in the top-9 while this team was suffering a few injuries. Rather him than Glass or Moore. But this year is different. Pirri would fit perfectly on that 3rd line with Hayes and Miller. It would leave Fast on the 4th with Jooris and Grabner.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I think when everyone is heathy he is a 4th liner, but the ability to play all over the place and help fill-in for injuries is a huge positive he brings. Similar to Fedotenko when he was here.

I agree with this. He's not an ideal top 9 player but as we saw yesterday he can fill in and be effective. The penalty on the PK was disappointing but doesn't have an effect as to whether he should be a top 9 player or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad