GDT: NXT TakeOver:WarGames (18th November 2017) - We’re going to need a bigger ring...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

The finish to the NXT Title match. Drew is holding on to the rope longer than he should have and people think he tore his bicep as a result. The finish didn't look smooth, regardless.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Loved Dream/Black and the War Games match. Both had mediocre endings, in my opinion, so probably will knock a 1/2* off both. Want to rewatch before posting my full ratings. But right now I'm sitting at;

Sullivan vs. Ohno
**1/2
... was everything it needed to be for the story. I still love Ohno and wish he was getting a bigger push, but he's kind of a upper card jobber at this point and that's okay too. The match was really short, so maybe my rating is slightly too high but it was very entertaining to for the 5 minutes it ran and told the perfect story to get Lars over more, without making Ohno look bad.

Dream vs. Black
... really great match and had a ton of fun. Black is great and I already knew he was. Dream, I'd only seen some squashes and some Patrick Clark stuff and wasn't really a huge fan of the ring work. I am now. He more then held his own tonight. Great stuff.

Sane vs. Moon vs. Cross vs. Royce
*3/4
... it was a match. Felt like a main roster match more than an NXT match. That's not a compliment.

Almas vs. McIntyre
***1/2
... solid effort. Extra 1/2* for the surprising ending. Caught me off guard completely.

War Games
... all out brawl and a ton of fun. Some stuff didn't make sense, but that's what you get in these types of matches. Like the Black/Dream match, taking off 1/2 star for the go home stretch because it just felt like a really weak finish. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the finish was botched because it looked like Eric Young took the chair shot on purpose which is not good. Great fun though. Props to all 9 guys and hopefully Wolfe is okay!

Overall: Strong show, but not a perfect show like most Takeovers. Survivor Series is the first WWE PPV in a long time that has a legit chance of "winning the weekend."

Reactions: Virtanen18

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Great show.

Dream is a star. And to think he is only 22/23 years old.

Shocked to see Almas get the belt but he deserves it. Drew just doesn't click with me in NXT. He has all the tools but just can't get into him.

Amazing WarGames match. Removing the roof and rule changes worked in the matches' favor. Dain came off as a star and didn't expect a Van Terminator from him!

NXT delivers once again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How was the show? Worth watching the whole thing?
I only enjoyed Dream/Black, Almas/McIntyre and WarGames. Ohno/Sullivan and the women's match weren't anything special to me.

ratings probably like:

Lars/Ohno: **1/2
Dream/Black: ****1/4
Women's: ***
Almas/McIntyre: ***1/2
WarGames: ****

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
ALMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

f*** yeah!! Hadn't enjoyed a single day of Drew's reign. Been on that Almas ish since day one.

I can see torn bicep for Drew. The ending was really surprising and right after Almas got off him after the 1 2 3 he started feeling his bicep which looked really weird.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bah Moon won. She is easily the least interesting woman in this match.

What even is her character? Kairi is at least an endearing baby face because she is so plucky.

Peyton is really underrated. She is also a babe.

Cross is the best though. They need to hurry up and pull the trigger on her. I can’t believe she took that powerbomb spot outside. That looked absolutely nasty.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
ALMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

**** yeah!! Hadn't enjoyed a single day of Drew's reign. Been on that Almas ish since day one.

I can see torn bicep for Drew. The ending was really surprising and right after Almas got off him after the 1 2 3 he started feeling his bicep which looked really weird.

TRANQUILO!!!!! Thank god for Zelina saving his NXT career too. They are money together.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hunter acknowledged on facebook that Drew McIntyre might have that torn bicep.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I only enjoyed Dream/Black, Almas/McIntyre and WarGames. Ohno/Sullivan and the women's match weren't anything special to me.

ratings probably like:

Lars/Ohno: **1/2
Dream/Black: ****1/4
Women's: ***
Almas/McIntyre: ***1/2
WarGames: ****
Nothing special.. **1/2 in 5 minutes is a pretty great score.

And *** a good rating, is it not? Although I thought the women's match was atrocious, but to each their own.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Bah Moon won. She is easily the least interesting woman in this match.

What even is her character? Kairi is at least an endearing baby face because she is so plucky.

Peyton is really underrated. She is also a babe.

Cross is the best though. They need to hurry up and pull the trigger on her. I can’t believe she took that powerbomb spot outside. That looked absolutely nasty.
Peyton and Cross both have great gimmicks. Even Kairi is brand new and has more of a character than Ember Moon.

Ember Moon is NXT's Naomi. Cool entrance followed up with... nothing. And what was with her hair last night? I thought her character was, for what she's given us, a dark character? Some red highlights, sure? But rainbow colours?? That would be like Undertaker popping up for the Crypt with neon green hair. Just awful. And I know Ember from back in the indies (Shimmer).. she's not a bad worker, she just .. I don't know.

HE SAID HIS NAME!!! **** it ***** Stars. This was amazing.

Black is a main eventer, and Dream is now a star.
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it. Didn't go ***** (went ****1/2 with a 1/2* deduction for the awful top rope jump into a boot spot that has been absolutely terrible since the beginning of time).

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Didn't watch it live last night but I've already seen results online...I've watched the first two matches so far.

Black-Dream was a fun match. Great in-ring offense but even better character work. Black needs to go for the belt now.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not even sure Ember Moon has a character. She talks and acts like a normal person, then comes to the ring with coloured contacts on. Is that character?

Other than her finisher, she's really boring. Peyton Royce has the full package IMO. Would love to see her turn on Billie one day on main roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->