GDT: NXT Takeover: Chicago (20th May 2017) - Putting Roode to sleep in Chicago!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If Asuka's streak is ending I would main event it.

It is telegraphing it, but that is such a big deal that it should be the focus.

We are past the time to move Asuka up. The women's division is looking good again in NXT so it is time to let the other ladies have time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't say it telegraphs it. But by Brooklyn her reign will be over 500 days. I said in the NXT thread that nobody in the company has done that in 27 years

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Nobody on that roster deserves to beat asuka.

I would honestly much rather have paige come back and start in NXT and beat asuka since she at least has proper main roster talent and end asuka's streak. Asuka can go to the main show while paige works her way up after all the **** shes done.

then again.. I don't think they're trusting her with a nxt belt any time soon :sarcasm:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I do and don't like the heel turn/break up of DIY.

On one hand its gonna lead to some sick matches. Wonder if they do the one on one at Brooklyn, it ends in a DQ and then the street fight rematch is at the next TakeOver. Thats if they do the classic NXT thing to drag feuds out over months.

There must not have been any call up coming for DIY any time soon. I could totally see Gargano going up against Roode for the title at some point, don't know where Ciampa would go.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I also can't see either of them making it on the main roster, as a team they would have been so over, the main roster needs more solid face teams.

Unless the plan is for either of them to go to 205 Live....

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Just finished watching...great show.

Dunne-Bate was a masterpiece. Both guys are tremendous.

Tag match was great and unfortunately saw something about a heel turn beforehand so I figured it was in the main event.

Roode is such a good storyteller in the ring...smart veteran wrestler always finding ways to prevail. He gives the title a different kind of credibility. You'll have to outsmart him to win the title.

Johnny become a solo babyface could be great...the feud will have to run it's course before they go off on their own. Could be the new KO-Sami feud.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If they really want to add some fire to the Gargano-Ciampa storyline have Ciampa say he is having an affair with Gargano's wife.

I think Candice is signed to NXT if I am not mistaken. I think it would take this feud to another level and would add that extra bit of carney to the storyline that is so Pro Wrestling.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Johnny Wrestling has all the potential to be a true top babyface star.

I really like Johnny but for some reason I don't see him doing much on the main roster besides 205Live, which is sad.
I felt as though DIY would have actually had a decent run on the main roster.

Roode is such a good storyteller in the ring...smart veteran wrestler always finding ways to prevail. He gives the title a different kind of credibility. You'll have to outsmart him to win the title.

I'm really enjoying Roode's run, he's a fantastic heel champion. He doesn't quite use dirty heel tactics to win but he still acts so cocky and showboats and bends the rules a little bit. His matches have been great from a story perspective and I've really enjoyed them.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If they really want to add some fire to the Gargano-Ciampa storyline have Ciampa say he is having an affair with Gargano's wife.

I think Candice is signed to NXT if I am not mistaken. I think it would take this feud to another level and would add that extra bit of carney to the storyline that is so Pro Wrestling.

Ignoring the terrible idea, she's not signed to WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She has also decimated Goldbergs streak if they want to build it even more.

They've sort of kept that quiet, so I'm thinking that at some point breaking the record will become part of the mix.

I envision that changing since she's been now seen on NXT. She should be in the tournament.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I thought she was signed ? Wasn't she at one of the recent NXT shows?

How come you think its terrible? IMHO it would a lot of heat to the program and really make Ciampa into a sleaze ball heel.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so... a few months from now Johnny is gonna be getting beat down and Ciampa comes down to make the save, right!?!? RIGHT?!?! :cry:

ive been waiting for KO to do this with Sami. if they wrote it right it could be beatiful. Sami getting annihilated while KO just watches on, but slowly he cracks and runs in for the save, I cri everyteim

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I thought she was signed ? Wasn't she at one of the recent NXT shows?

How come you think its terrible? IMHO it would a lot of heat to the program and really make Ciampa into a sleaze ball heel.
NXT use a lot of notable indy women as jobbers on TV. Rachael Ellering for example, she was in the same match and also isn't signed. There are quite a few who live local, and they use them as jobbers on TV when needed. So showing up on TV usually doesn't say anything about them being signed.

It's a terrible idea because it's just fake crap that no one would believe. You don't pull lies into a story to make it "more real" or heated, you bring in truth and build from them. Bring in lies and you just kill it dead as people instantly stop caring. It would be different if they were all characters on TV, but they're not.

And that's ignoring the fact that you don't need heat. The heat is already there.

It's also in poor taste.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
so... a few months from now Johnny is gonna be getting beat down and Ciampa comes down to make the save, right!?!? RIGHT?!?! :cry:
Down the line something like that'll happen.

The payoff in this is the pair finally getting getting back together in the end, which is why the feud between them works.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
NXT use a lot of notable indy women as jobbers on TV. Rachael Ellering for example, she was in the same match and also isn't signed. There are quite a few who live local, and they use them as jobbers on TV when needed. So showing up on TV usually doesn't say anything about them being signed.

It's a terrible idea because it's just fake crap that no one would believe. You don't pull lies into a story to make it "more real" or heated, you bring in truth and build from them. Bring in lies and you just kill it dead as people instantly stop caring. It would be different if they were all characters on TV, but they're not.

And that's ignoring the fact that you don't need heat. The heat is already there.

It's also in poor taste.

So basically its a quintessential pro wrestling story line ;);)

I don't for one minute believe that these guys don't like each other I know its all fake. After the turn I bet they were gushing to each other how great it was. So why not just take it to another level. Its pro wrestling you need to have a level of suspension of your beliefs.

You blur the lines where people know its fake but they still ask themselves maybe just that part is real.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
feel pretty sick right now. should go to bed but imma watch anyway lol

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

I don't for one minute believe that these guys don't like each other I know its all fake. After the turn I bet they were gushing to each other how great it was. So why not just take it to another level. Its pro wrestling you need to have a level of suspension of your beliefs.

You blur the lines where people know its fake but they still ask themselves maybe just that part is real.
Wait, heels don't actually hate faces in real life? Wow. Wrestling = ruined for me.

But hey maybe if Ciampa says he slept with Gargano's wife, THEN I would belive they really hate each other. ****ing LOL this post

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

The problem is you're not blurring any lines. You're making up lies that are counter to a well known truth, and then trying to pretending it's real to push a story. All that does is break the fans immersion and drags you out of it. It kills the storyline.

Wrestling works best when you can let your self get sucked into it. When you let yourself believe it's real. Wrestling fans wilfully do this.

What your idea does is shatter that believe. I can't for one second believe in that storyline when I know for a fact that it isn't remotely true. It's goes from "this is an awesome feud, I'm really looking forward to it" to "this is stupid" instantly.

When you want to bring in some reality you need to bring in known truths. The fans will probably already know about it, and they can just keep going with it. It doesn't hit a 'no, that that's not right' reaction and jerk away your suspension of disbelieve.

Look at the Miz and Cena as a recent example. That was all about taking known truths and pushing them into storyline. Everyone knows that Cena doesn't want kids, that he didn't want to get married. That he's leaving WWE to do other things. They were truths that were added to storyline. They didn't make up some random lies.

Everyone knows it's fake, but when you mix in fake and lies you don't make anyone question anything. It's all lies. When you mix fake and truth then you can blur lines.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

So making up a lie is supposed to make it more "real"? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->