WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
He could just keep doing what he's doing if he's happy and making good money, which I bet he is. No obligation to jump to WWE if you get hot outside of it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He's got at least another full year on his contract with RoH, and he'll probably be used by NJPW for their expansion. It's not like he's vanished or anything, just that it's very clear on what he's going to be doing for next while.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Lethal went from being one of the biggest names outside WWE, dual champ, all over ROH and NJPW and now I barely if at all hear his name. Was he even at G1? Whats he doing in ROH now?

If he would have went to NXT last year he would of had a rocket on his back, probably become NXT champ and would be gearing up for a RAW or SDL debut.

I just find he has kinda fallen off the face of the wrestling earth especially for someone who was so hot not to long ago. If he came in now it probably would be like Fish or Kyle rather than a big hyped up debut.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He's still on RoH shows, if you don't watch them then you probably won't see him as he's full time there. He was on the NJPW US Title shows, but wasn't in G1 as he's not a NJPW guy and they only have space for so many guys. And you can't expect him to be there, and he really hasn't done much with NJPW outside the joint RoH shows anyway.

It's not really that he has vanished, more that RoH isn't hot at all. There was speculation about him in the past, but as that's not an option right now so there's really nothing to talk about him outside whatever he's doing on TV, which goes back to RoH not being that big.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He's still on RoH shows, if you don't watch them then you probably won't see him as he's full time there. He was on the NJPW US Title shows, but wasn't in G1 as he's not a NJPW guy and they only have space for so many guys. And you can't expect him to be there, and he really hasn't done much with NJPW outside the joint RoH shows anyway.

It's not really that he has vanished, more that RoH isn't hot at all. There was speculation about him in the past, but as that's not an option right now so there's really nothing to talk about him outside whatever he's doing on TV, which goes back to RoH not being that big.

I guess thats my point. When he was dual champ ROH was kinda hot and he was all over the place. Some even had him at the AJ/Omega level of hotness.

Since he lost the title he kinda disapeared into obscurity. You said it yourself ROH is down, he isn't doing much there, not doing much in Japan. Once your name dries up in the indies so do the pay checks.

Its his life, but I think if he would of jumped last year instead of resigning with ROH he would be a bigger name today than he is now. 1.5 years ago ask someone about Lethal and they probably heard his name. Ask someone today and they probably have a blank stare on their face.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
But he isn't on the indies, he's signed to RoH. Which isn't indy in the slightest, it's a full time contract.

Sounds even worse then.

He is doing nothing in a company you described as not so hot. Meanwhile most of their roster is jumping ship.

If he went to NXT today he wouldn't come in with as much momentum as he had about 1.5 years ago.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sounds even worse then.

He is doing nothing in a company you described as not so hot. Meanwhile most of their roster is jumping ship.

If he went to NXT today he wouldn't come in with as much momentum as he had about 1.5 years ago.
But he'd probably be in NXT for a few years, and making a lot less money than he is right now. When he's contract comes up again, I'm very sure you'll start to see him heat up again.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
But he'd probably be in NXT for a few years, and making a lot less money than he is right now. When he's contract comes up again, I'm very sure you'll start to see him heat up again.

I guess we will see. I thought he had a lot of momentum back then and was shaking off the stink of Black Machismo (good gimmick but strictly low card).

This ROH renaissance that is taking place in NXT might benefit him if he ever jumps there. I am sure a lot of guys are saying good things about him.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Sounds even worse then.

There's a lot of people doing nothing in a not so hot WWE as well. I'm not convinced Lethal would have been pushed to the moon in WWE either.

Maybe he'll hit a money feud soon in ROH and it'll take off. Wrestling has ebbs and flows. Hard to be hot forever.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Indeed. NXT isn't a sure thing for anyone. The only sure thing it would be for Lethal would be a long sit out due to the legal issues between WWE and RoH, then he'd get his spot in the NXT log jam while being paid a lot less than he's currently making.

That doesn't benefit anyone well. Especially when you can't transfer your (potential) new found stardom into money like he could if he stayed outside of WWE or RoH.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I did enjoy the storytelling with the finish of the Almas/Johnny match, it was a DIY shirt. Momentary distraction/Gargano's past cost him the match.

Ciampa still haunts Johnny!!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Indeed. NXT isn't a sure thing for anyone. The only sure thing it would be for Lethal would be a long sit out due to the legal issues between WWE and RoH, then he'd get his spot in the NXT log jam while being paid a lot less than he's currently making.

That doesn't benefit anyone well. Especially when you can't transfer your (potential) new found stardom into money like he could if he stayed outside of WWE or RoH.

I watched a bit of ROH IPPV or whatever this weekend, and then NXT and its night and day difference between the two.

Now with Fisch/Cole/Kyle and soon to be Lio Rush and Dijack at this point Lethal missed a big opportunity.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
No he didn't lol. Your mentality of "go to WWE any chance u get" is terrible. Times have changed. There's lots of money outside the big company.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I watched a bit of ROH IPPV or whatever this weekend, and then NXT and its night and day difference between the two.

Now with Fisch/Cole/Kyle and soon to be Lio Rush and Dijack at this point Lethal missed a big opportunity.
I really don't think you understand how the wrestling currently works.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
No he didn't lol. Your mentality of "go to WWE any chance u get" is terrible. Times have changed. There's lots of money outside the big company.

Sure and when Fish/Orielly and Cole are in huge hot matches at Barclay next year in front of 12/13000 fans while Lethal is opening an ROH IPPV in front of 1000 fans we will see.

ROH looked so bush league what I saw. A dark small little arena, compared to NXT in the Barclays center.

He might be making decent coin, but tell me outside of WWE who is making 2.4 Million or 3.3 Million or 8 Million ?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I really don't think you understand how the wrestling currently works.

Its not a good look when the rats are fleeing the titanic. ROH is bleeding talent. If NJPW ever dumped them they would be finished.

I would say Evolve has surpassed ROH at being ROH at this point in time.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Sure and when Fish/Orielly and Cole are in huge hot matches at Barclay next year in front of 12/13000 fans while Lethal is opening an ROH IPPV in front of 1000 fans we will see.

ROH looked so bush league what I saw. A dark small little arena, compared to NXT in the Barclays center.

He might be making decent coin, but tell me outside of WWE who is making 2.4 Million or 3.3 Million or 8 Million ?
Okada makes good coin.

Meltzer said he would be "Top 5 in WWE."

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Like anyone in NXT is going to make that much. :laugh:

Kazuchika Okada made $2M USD iirc last year.

The Young Bucks made $600k or something like that last year and had already made that much by the beginning of summer this year. Kenny Omega and Cody Rhodes are probably making at least $1M at this point (Cody said he's making 3x what he did in WWE and his WWE contract was in the $400k range).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Its not a good look when the rats are fleeing the titanic. ROH is bleeding talent. If NJPW ever dumped them they would be finished.

I would say Evolve has surpassed ROH at being ROH at this point in time.
RoH just set an attendance record this year, not even 5 months ago with very little NJPW talent on the show.

They're doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad