WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Elias was very over as a heel before he got called up. Those three don't get anything close to that response.

Elias was hardly over. His heat was X-Pac Heat, not normal heel heat. The only time he was remotely over was when he came back as El Vagabundo for one match after he lost a Loser Leaves NXT match against Ohno.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Elias was hardly over. His heat was X-Pac Heat, not normal heel heat. The only time he was remotely over was when he came back as El Vagabundo for one match after he lost a Loser Leaves NXT match against Ohno.

GOAT match.

The difference now is Elias actually wins matches and gets to regularly beat people up. They got a good thing going with him right now.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Elias is becoming one of my favourites. Love his segments. It might be cheap heat but it works. He also has a great look. Decent in the ring but need to see more.

Went from a going nowhere NXT gimmick to something with a lot of promise on the main roster.

At some point you reach you ceiling in NXT and WWE needs to find out if you can make it on the big show. Jose/Almas/Itami aren't going to go any further in NXT. They should do some jobs and try their hand on RAW/SDL/205. If it doesn't work out then WWE can release them at the end of their contracts.

With all the ROH guys coming, NXT is getting crowded.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Elias has grown on me as well. I used to think he was absolutely brutal, but his promo has been solid since joining the main roster. I kind of wanted them to drag on El Vagabundo a bit longer (Holy **** that was so over in Orlando) - That said, I've been very happy with him since the main roster... I honestly think he could work as a hilarious tweener.

Also, his shirt last night was sweet and i might get one.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Again, I just don't get it or see anything good about him. He has a generic look, his moves are generic (and as evidenced by his botched guitar hit he hasn't even really mastered them), his finisher is basic, and his gimmick is essentially a rehash of gimmicks done before. He's a default setting to me, not anything nearly as special as you guys try to make him out to be.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't see "generic look" when I see Samson lol... that's your personal bias there.

Yeah. Generic look to me is short hair, clean shaven, and standard trunks/tights. Samson is none of those.

I think it's more my perception of generic wrestler is different than yours. I see generic as white male with an athletic-to-built frame, mid-length to longish darkish hair and facial hair (ring attire aside). I mean by my count that would cover quite a few WWEers

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I agree that's he's very generic, and I don't see anything special about him at all. His gimmick is over as it's new and hasn't worn out yet, will be interesting to see how he does later on. But his ringwork isn't anything of note, he's just 'fine'. I've no excitement for him at all.

He's just another undercard whatever guy in my eyes, it wouldn't surprise me if this run is his peak.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Yeah, I don't get the Samson love personally
I think Aiden English is a much better character, and is much better in the ring than Samson, when it comes to the singing characters

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Elias is JACKED! This is what a pro wrestler should look like. Thats at least 50% of the battle right there. His schitck isn't going to last forever but it works now. Eventually he will need to branch out and do something different but right now he is at a good start and is above some of the other jobronis from NXT like a guy like Jordan.

Not to mention he has a sweet elbow drop as well.

HHH started out as a Greenwich snob who would curtsy, Rock was a tassel wearing blue chipper. You don't hit it out of the park always on the first gimmick.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Elias is JACKED! This is what a pro wrestler should look like. Thats at least 50% of the battle right there. His schitck isn't going to last forever but it works now. Eventually he will need to branch out and do something different but right now he is at a good start and is above some of the other jobronis from NXT like a guy like Jordan.

HHH started out as a Greenwich snob who would curtsy, Rock was a tassel wearing blue chipper. You don't hit it out of the park always on the first gimmick.

But this isn't his first gimmick. IIRC this is his second (post-Rosebud) gimmick.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

The thing is he hasn't shown anything to make me think he can do anything with a 'main event' gimmick. Lots of guys show that they have 'something' while doing an undercard gimmck, Breeze is a good example. I just don't see it form Drifter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NXT, from Full Sail University, August 16, 2017. The "go-home" show for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III

This NXT title feud is not completely heatless, because Rooe can get heat, as evidence after he blew up the match between McIntyre and Strong, but he's working a feud with both guys at the same time, and the more important one is the one that doesn't involve the title. The match itself was good, and it didn't help that it was the main event of the tapings, but it really did struggle to get reactions until Roode blew up. They didn't even have any interviews prior to the match, if Strong won this match he would get a shot at Roode after takeover, but they never specified that he won by DQ since Roode beat both of them up. Despite all of this, I don't want to see either guy win the title, I'd rather have Roode drop it to Black or Garango, preferably in Philadelphia so mileage can be made out of Roode possibly holding the title for a whole year.

I don't get the sense that they'll pull the trigger on putting Asuka and Ember in the main event, but with the women's tournament about to air and a 500-day title reign, I think they should. They're definitely getting better reactions than the guys. Ember has done an adequate job establishing herself as a contender that can win, but putting it in the main event will force the crowd to take notice think it can happen whether they want it to or not. Tonight was the contract signing, Ember made her peace, Asuka just yelled at her in Japanese, it was fine, but they've had better.

Video package on Sanity vs. AOP. Something that I don't think that's been put over has been Paul Ellering leading AOP into that sneak attack the last time they met and how despondent he looked afterward. AOP are the faces but I'm pretty sure Sanity will get the pops. Alexander Wolfe is very good at playing his character.

Ruby Riot vs. Billie Kay in one of Billie's best matches, but that's not saying a whole lot. Says more that Ruby is good because she is, although understandably not quite as over as when she was pushed as a top face. Deadly Night Shade from Ruby in the corner, but Billie eventually rebounds and has Ruby centered, but Ruby hits the windup overhead kick for the win. Peyton chews up Ruby after the match, imagining that will be a dark match in Brooklyn. Or maybe a tag match with one of the women in the tournament so that it can be promoted.

Street Profits vs. Lars Sullivan and Chris Silvio. Lars begged Regal for one more tag match, promising that he would not beat the holy hell out his teammate after the match in the ring if they lost. Silvio gets into the match. Street Profits work in all their moves they're trying to get over. Pop-up spinebuster into the frog splash gets the pin. Lars never got into the match, so he is pissed. He drags Silvio out, and does not eviscerate him - in the ring. Instead he carries him outside works him over and throws him in a dumpster. Street Profits have a bit of a campy entrance, but they have great music, and I think they're going to get over in the long-run.

Nothing regarding Gargano/Almas nor Itami/Black. Or anybody from ROH.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The thing is he hasn't shown anything to make me think he can do anything with a 'main event' gimmick. Lots of guys show that they have 'something' while doing an undercard gimmck, Breeze is a good example. I just don't see it form Drifter.

Good chance he is the next Curt Hawkins or Bo Dallas. He has a gimmick and for now he is making it work. If he was in NXT he would be doing the same thing and not making his way to the main events. He has a good midcard act going, maybe he puts it all together still has a career ahead of him. But its not easy getting to the top of the WWE.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
With all these ROH guys coming in, does anyone think Lethal missed out? He was really hot about a year ago and now I barely hear anything about him.

If he ever makes the jump I don't think he could have the same impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->