WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
On the UK title, Dunne is off the PROGRESS US shows due to injury. He had eleven stitches to a cut on his head, so won't be cleared to wrestle tonight. He was going to face Gallagher on the show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Asuka is the best thing going in NXT.

She is my last hope to save the main roster for the women. Deep down I know bad news is incoming.

Oh, she's definitely jobbing to Nia Jax.

Nia Jax, the only person who has ever had a terrible match with her.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Asuka is the best thing going in NXT.

She is my last hope to save the main roster for the women. Deep down I know bad news is incoming.

Yeah she's gonna lose on a RAW when really she should just go undefeated till she retires and puts someone over. She's built up as this monster right now that no one is booked even close to beating her. I just want her to face the 4 horse women

Vince and co will screw her up big time tho like they have basically everyone else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they were doing things right, Bayley, Sasha, and Becky would all lose before Bayley finally beats her. If things were done right.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they were doing things right, Bayley, Sasha, and Becky would all lose before Bayley finally beats her. If things were done right.

Bayley would be a giant star and Sasha top heel if they did things right.

They have ****ed these women up so badly.

Asuka should be the female Brock from Brock's early days. Will never happen.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

I would have Becky beat Asuka, not Bayley.

It depends on which brand she goes to, so probably after a shakeup.

She should dominate whichever brand she goes to, so for basically a whole year again be undefeated then when she gets put to the next brand she can lose to either Becky or Bayley (depending on the brand)

Bayley makes sense story wise due to their past in NXT but if she's still being booked like a NERD like she is now then no way

It could really help Becky as well if she gets some solid booking leading up.

I'd be happy with either or but Asuka needs to be a monster for a while before the rub is given to one o the ladies, hence why I said maybe after a trade/shakeup because she runs through RAW or SD for the whole year then loses later

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty confident that Asuka will be on Raw. They just simply need more women, they've been rotating the top 4 women they've had for a year now, with the only change being when they traded Charlotte for Alexa. She also shouldn't be on the same brand as Nakamura. I could see Asuka winning the title as soon as the night after Summerslam.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm pretty confident that Asuka will be on Raw. They just simply need more women, they've been rotating the top 4 women they've had for a year now, with the only change being when they traded Charlotte for Alexa. She also shouldn't be on the same brand as Nakamura. I could see Asuka winning the title as soon as the night after Summerslam.

Have her beat Alexa for it on RAW, Aug 21st. Would mark. This puts dents in the Sasha/Bayley plan most likely tho, you gotta think thats their plan heading into Mania and the build up could begin in january. Asuka shouldn't be a place holder till January.

So have her squash Noami on Tuesday and hold the belt forever, have her take on Charlotte for a while, then Becky, then have a Triple Threat at Mania.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have her beat Alexa for it on RAW, Aug 21st. Would mark. This puts dents in the Sasha/Bayley plan most likely tho, you gotta think thats their plan heading into Mania and the build up could begin in january. Asuka shouldn't be a place holder till January.

So have her squash Noami on Tuesday and hold the belt forever, have her take on Charlotte for a while, then Becky, then have a Triple Threat at Mania.

I think the plan is Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen right now, and if that's the case, neither can turn heel. So, we're probably looking at SummerSlam next year at the earliest.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Cien needs a push or to be called up. He has floundered around in NXT so either do something with him there or move him up. Itami and Jose are in the same boat. All 3 should be moved when the superstar shake up happens.

If they can't get over in NXT, they aren't going to work on RAW or SD. Do you really want to see them job every week because that's all they'll ever do on the main roster.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The way I see it, Becky is just as good a underdog babyface as Bayley if they got behind her in the role and Becky hasn't had the crowd turn on her... ever, that I can remember, since she went babyface back in NXT.

She's also a better worker and better promo, imo.

Becky/Asuka in a 20-minute match ending with Becky eventually beating her. Would be HOT.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The problem is that you are relying on Asuka being able to be a heel. As the NXT run has show, it's really hard to have a Goldberg character be a heel. Especially when they're awesome.

Fans like winners. Who knew?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The problem is that you are relying on Asuka being able to be a heel. As the NXT run has show, it's really hard to have a Goldberg character be a heel. Especially when they're awesome.

That just gives me hope that when Triple H is in charge of all of it that booking will translate to the main roster with babyfaces.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

I'd be onboard with them treating Asuka like they tried to in a few NXT epis - in public she's very much the face, loves fans, etc. In private/backstage, she's a complete and total heel to the rest of the talent, to interviewers, etc.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd be onboard with them treating Asuka like they tried to in a few NXT epis - in public she's very much the face, loves fans, etc. In private/backstage, she's a complete and total heel to the rest of the talent, to interviewers, etc.
That's fine for a character in general, but I don't think it works when you are going for the 'underdog babyface finally beats the unstoppable champion' story.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If they can't get over in NXT, they aren't going to work on RAW or SD. Do you really want to see them job every week because that's all they'll ever do on the main roster.

Well at some point you have to **** or get off the pott. And Itami/Jose/Cien have gotten over in NXT, but I just don't see them becoming NXT title level with all the talent in NXT.

Look at the drifter. He was never going to go anywhere in NXT so they moved him up. The point of NXT is eventually for these guys to go to the main roster or go home. All 3 IMO have reached their ceiling in NXT so either go up or go home. Itami should hit 205, Cien on SDL and Jose on Raw.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It depends on which brand she goes to, so probably after a shakeup.

She should dominate whichever brand she goes to, so for basically a whole year again be undefeated then when she gets put to the next brand she can lose to either Becky or Bayley (depending on the brand)

Bayley makes sense story wise due to their past in NXT but if she's still being booked like a NERD like she is now then no way

It could really help Becky as well if she gets some solid booking leading up.

I'd be happy with either or but Asuka needs to be a monster for a while before the rub is given to one o the ladies, hence why I said maybe after a trade/shakeup because she runs through RAW or SD for the whole year then loses later

I mean if people don't think Bayley should beat her due to current booking, Becky is also out as she too is booked like a nerd.

Actually more of a nerd because she can't even get on TV on the regular.

Right now the only people the booking would allow to beat Asuka is Jax, which absolutely shouldn't happen.

Or Bliss because they just love her too much.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Nia Jax should never even come close to beating Asuka. ever. EVER. EVER!!!

*Asuka loses her debut match on Monday Night Raw to Nia in a 10 second squash*
*Vince laughs*
*we all cry*

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Well at some point you have to **** or get off the pott. And Itami/Jose/Cien have gotten over in NXT, but I just don't see them becoming NXT title level with all the talent in NXT.

Look at the drifter. He was never going to go anywhere in NXT so they moved him up. The point of NXT is eventually for these guys to go to the main roster or go home. All 3 IMO have reached their ceiling in NXT so either go up or go home. Itami should hit 205, Cien on SDL and Jose on Raw.

Elias was very over as a heel before he got called up. Those three don't get anything close to that response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad