WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Or attack him right after he wins to set up the next Takeover main event. I want to see a longer reign from Almas, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him called up to 205 Live. They seem desperate to turn that broken ship around.
They bill Almas as 210 lbs. He’s saved from that sinking ship.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So we make 2 more matches official, and make one from official to unofficial.

Gargano/Velveteen Dream for #1 contender. Gargano cut a great angry promo about people doubting him and talking behind his back.

Ember Moon being positioned as demanding a match with a challenger for her own title. Shayna Baszler, who is like, already the best heel on the brand, choking out Aliyah. I don't know good the match will be, but the story is good, both girls want to murder each other, but I'm pretty sure Ember is still going to win, though. Would seem a bit hasty given all they did into her winning the title just to drop it at the next Takeover, but you never know, Triple H is able to surprise you sometimes.

AOP vs. Fish and O'Reilly, where Undisputed Era basically have to win, but it's a heel vs. heel dynamic. My city is a ROH town, though.

Roderick Strong calls out Lars Sullivan, who last week called out Killian Dain. I guess a triple threat is happening there, nothing was resolved from that.

I'm not sure who is going over in the women's match. I think it depends on who they want on the main roster. If the Ronda Rousey thing happens, then I wouldn't be shocked for Shayna to get a call up, and if that's the case she would obviously lose. Ember doesn't have much more to prove in NXT though so they could think she's ready for a call up as well. I'm leaning towards Shayna taking the title here.

O'Reilly and Fish have to go over too I think. AOP also have nothing left to do on NXT - they are main roster ready, and them heading off of NXT opens up a spot for a new monster tag team (Heavy Machinery or the freshly signed War Machine) to take their spot on NXT TV.

Those three in a triple threat isn't overly interesting to me. It'll be a good match I'm sure with Roddy and Killian in there, but the buildup has done nothing for me.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
They have their own match, so I'm not sure about that one. They just did at at the 4-way.

They generally don't do hardly any outside interference at Takeovers. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen a Takeover where they have.

I think Black loses somehow. Not cleanly, that seems to be Adam Cole's way right now. Cheat to win.
Black could be a sleeper to be a surprise Rumble entrant and new addition to the main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Almas being Mexican saves him more from 205 live than being 210lbs. They have Goldust on 205 live, they can do whatever they want.

Ember still has a lot to prove, imo. She works well but her character needs more work still.

Black isn’t going to the main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ciampa didn’t want Johnny to achieve more than him, though.

I’m smelling Roddy going heel, too. I don’t see much more for him as a face.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Ciampa didn’t want Johnny to achieve more than him, though.

I’m smelling Roddy going heel, too. I don’t see much more for him as a face.

Woulda liked to see Roddy join up with Undisputed Era. Makes too much sense. His offense is some of my favorite these days but his white bread personality is off putting. Being heel could change that

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Woulda liked to see Roddy join up with Undisputed Era. Makes too much sense. His offense is some of my favorite these days but his white bread personality is off putting. Being heel could change that

It might be where it's headed. Roddy could easily screw Black and set up a feud. But again, it's not something they typically do at Takeovers.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
It might be where it's headed. Roddy could easily screw Black and set up a feud. But again, it's not something they typically do at Takeovers.

The striking would be awesome in a match between those two. I'm kinda wondering if maybe he injects himself and costs AOP as he had previously teamed with em. Cost them their match and AOP can move up to the main roster

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The problem with debuting someone at the rumble (even a tag team) is that they need to be pushed right away otherwise they will get lost in the mania hype.

I’d rather wait for AOP to come up after wrestlemania get that pop the crowd will give them and then have em destroy New Day, or a raw face team( do they have one?)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Finally watching last week's episode, that TM61 video was great. Wish the main roster would do things like that to...

Hopefully it means they're getting a good push now that they're back.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The fifth match for Takeover was announced on the press call with HHH: (spoiler tagged as there's still the episode tonight to air in a bit)

Kassius Ohno vs Velveteen Dream

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The fifth match for Takeover was announced on the press call with HHH: (spoiler tagged as there's still the episode tonight to air in a bit)

Kassius Ohno vs Velveteen Dream
oh shit i am so here

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
"Did you know that TM-61 is a missile as well? Does anyone bring that up? Nope! All they bring up is that it's a Pokemon thing. Don't admit that you know it's a Pokemon thing!"

My top wrestling line of the year so far.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Velveteen Dream is so awesome.

Johnny Gargano, this guy is the best babyface in the company. He obviously can be the next Bryan Danielson.

Zelina Vega, once Paul Heyman moves on, should be the best manager in the company, and at some point they should let her in the ring, too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Velveteen Dream is so awesome.

Johnny Gargano, this guy is the best babyface in the company. He obviously can be the next Bryan Danielson.

Zelina Vega, once Paul Heyman moves on, should be the best manager in the company, and at some point they should let her in the ring, too.

Zelina is easily one of the best things going in the company. She is an absolutely fantastic manager.

NXT has a lot going for it right now

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Not seen the show, but I'm now 200% sure that the second part of that video is awesome too.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. Their extended (for some reason?) video packages have been terrible. I could buy an argument that "they were so bad that they were good", maybe? Just a very bland & boring tag team that has to resort to trying too hard to make up for lack of character. Hopefully that non-injured one has worked on his body over the last year? Way too indie of a look.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
TM61 aren't my favourites, but I enjoyed the video packages
Find them good in the ring, but I don't feel connected to them yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad