NWHL Logo/Jersey Concepts

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I decided to redesign the logos and jerseys of the NWHL teams, as I personally felt the ones they are using now are pretty lack-luster.

Here are their current logos/jerseys:
NWHL-Jerseys-Shop-featured-640x424.jpg

My concepts..

1. Boston Pride:
Out of all the current uniforms, I think this one probably had the best look in my opinion. But I decided to come up with a lion logo for the team instead of just using the wordmark (which I also refined a bit some)
pride_mock_zpssjr09ysj.jpg

2. New York Riveters:
My biggest issue with their current logo is that it already exists for something else, we've seen her before. I tried to go with something a little more abstract for the logo. The logo is a view of a rivet from the top down. As for the jerseys, I feel like the classic NY Diagonal text would be appropriate here.
riveters_mock_zpsfhxlq28i.jpg

3. Connecticut Whale:
Probably the most difficult from coming up with a concept standpoint, as it's hard for a whale logo look like it belongs to a sports team.. for me anyway. It's no Hartford Whalers logo that's for sure!
whale_mock_zpszy0qrw6w.jpg

4. Buffalo Beauts:
Also anther one that was difficult to come up with a concept for. I decided to keep the main logo a buffalo, since that's what it currently is, but I wanted to do a different take on it. If you haven't noticed, the logo is not only a front facing buffalo, but if you look closely it's also 2 buffalos ramming heads colliding in the center.
beauts_mock_zps3ykmv8iy.jpg

here is the entire lineup together:
nwhl_jersey_mockups_zps08n3sqv3.jpg

Flame away ;-)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
They really should merge with the CWHL.

At some point there will be only one womens hockey league in North America. Probably happens within the next 5 years.

I didn't even know CWHL existed. They really should! Why wouldn't they?

I just looked up the CWHL teams.. I hate they they use the same jersey templates as the NHL teams.. they need to find their own identities!

Well the CWHL teams that are using that template are the ones that are being given resources by NHL teams. That's the only similarity though between the CWHL and NHL. The NWHL is trying too hard to be the NHL for women and is running into problems which can grow significantly. They even had to cut down on roster sizes to save money.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Very nice, the Beauts one is especially great.

Riveters' is a good idea, but I think that the name doesn't really work that well in that format. I'd more recommend "New York" diagonally across if you wanted to go that route, a la the Rangers' current thirds.

The other two don't do much for me positively or negatively. That being said, all four are better than their current designs, imho.

Well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad