NVMC Executive Suites question

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I have a group function am hosting on 12/16 - I have about a dozen guys coming in from California and they are huge sports fans. These guys want to see some sporting event in NY during our off-time. This is same group of guys I did an event at the Duck-Islander game a few weeks ago in Anaheim. The building and the suite were beautiful and the food was great.

The only event in the area is - of all things - Islanders / Devils at the Coliseum on 12/15. The Nets play in Brooklyn on the 16th but my work event won't end until 8:00 in the city so that does not work. I'm looking into booking one of the executive suites but am more than a little concerned that it will be, well a dump and not quite up to the quality you need when schmoozing.

I'm trying to figure out my options but that is the only sporting event available and frankly, I am a bit anxious about it.

Does anyone have any experience having a group event like mine at the Coliseum? Any feedback would be really helpful.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
I have a group function am hosting on 12/16 - I have about a dozen guys coming in from California and they are huge sports fans. These guys want to see some sporting event in NY during our off-time. This is same group of guys I did an event at the Duck-Islander game a few weeks ago in Anaheim. The building and the suite were beautiful and the food was great.

The only event in the area is - of all things - Islanders / Devils at the Coliseum on 12/15. The Nets play in Brooklyn on the 16th but my work event won't end until 8:00 in the city so that does not work. I'm looking into booking one of the executive suites but am more than a little concerned that it will be, well a dump and not quite up to the quality you need when schmoozing.

I'm trying to figure out my options but that is the only sporting event available and frankly, I am a bit anxious about it.

Does anyone have any experience having a group event like mine at the Coliseum? Any feedback would be really helpful.

I've been up in the suites once, it's not as dumpy as you may think. High-end booze, and some decent food is brought out. There is a little indoor spot with tv's and where you can eat the food, then you go out onto the "balcony" area where you sit. Believe it or not, it's actually decent, especially in comparison to the rest of the arena

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Yep I did - thanks Rise. Also just wanted a review of sorts from someone who experienced it first hand as a customer.

A guy on my hockey team went to a bachelor party in one of the suites. He said it was pretty expensive and wasn't all that impressed with it. He didn't really elaborate as to why though

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I was in the "luxury boxes" once a while back. I dont believe or have heard of any upgrade or updating to them since.

I was impressed with it, but keep in mind, there was nothing to compare it to. Far nicer than the "coach seating" down below, but I have no idea how it compares to other suites you might have been to. Safe to say that the Isles suites are far older and not up to the level of other newer arenas.

On the other hand, using an Isles suite will probably have your team appreciate the nicer ones! :)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
And i do recall that you are WAYYYYY up top at one end of the ice.

The game, from that perspective, is played by ants.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

I looked into this it will run you about 2000 to 3000$
Plus the cost of food and Drinks
Figured about 4 grand maybe 5

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
And i do recall that you are WAYYYYY up top at one end of the ice.

The game, from that perspective, is played by ants.

the building is small it would be almost the same as sitting mid 300's

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
the building is small it would be almost the same as sitting mid 300's

from what I remember, not really.

Couldn't find many pics -- but take a look at this one. Pretty high.. pretty far away. But.. you DO get your own bathroom ---

DWGKFUFPISOJQJD.20131121161844.jpg

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
A guy on my hockey team went to a bachelor party in one of the suites. He said it was pretty expensive and wasn't all that impressed with it. He didn't really elaborate as to why though

I've been to a luxury suite in the renovated MSG. Honestly, I doubt there's an enormous difference between that, which I imagine is among the "nicer" such suites, and what's at NVMC. It's obviously not something that makes sense for an individual person to shell out their own money for, nor is that really the target audience.

BroadwayJay*

Can't be any worse than the seats I had for the TBL game. In all the years I've been going to the Coli, this is the worst seat I've ever had.

G60gC00.jpg

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Didja at least get a tshirt? that spot is a good one for getting one!

Just show a little chest hair and the girls fall for it every time.

BroadwayJay*

Didja at least get a tshirt? that spot is a good one for getting one!

Just show a little chest hair and the girls fall for it every time.

No, but I feel like I should have since I could barely watch the game.

Admittedly, I only sat there for one period; I went with Mrs. Broadway (her first time at the Coli!) and one of my hockey buddies. We each took a turn in that terrible seat.

It is 319 Row B, seat 11 I think; the last one in the row.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Thanks for the replies and taking the effort to even check out pricing!

Will probably do it - will take some pictures and give a review too.

Thanks gents.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I hope to see a game from the suites in the last half of the schedule. It's the single vantage point I haven't seen a game from.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Can't be any worse than the seats I had for the TBL game. In all the years I've been going to the Coli, this is the worst seat I've ever had.

G60gC00.jpg

I've only had a handful of bad seats--one was right where some supports or something came out for the luxury boxes, and another I had to climb past one of those giant cameras/spotlight things to get to my seat in the very last row.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
So my boss knows I'm an Islanders nut so he just gave me 8 free suite tickets to tomorrow,i'm the lucky recipient. Whats included in the suite?

Food, alcohol?

Last edited:

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
So the principal of my school knows I'm an Islanders nut so he just gave me 8 free suite tickets to tomorrow. Evidently it was out Advisory Board's box and i'm the lucky recipient. Whats included in the suite?

Food, alcohol?

I am not clear on something. Does your school district have a suite at Islanders games?

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
No, but I feel like I should have since I could barely watch the game.

Admittedly, I only sat there for one period; I went with Mrs. Broadway (her first time at the Coli!) and one of my hockey buddies. We each took a turn in that terrible seat.

It is 319 Row B, seat 11 I think; the last one in the row.

so that seat in that photo is 319 row B? interesting because those are considered the Upper VIP and they are always sold at a premium price

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Ive never been to the suites at NVMC but I have at Barclays and WOW.. That is an experience worth spending $$ more. I caught a Nets game for a bachelor party.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
So the principal of my school knows I'm an Islanders nut so he just gave me 8 free suite tickets to tomorrow. Evidently it was out Advisory Board's box and i'm the lucky recipient. Whats included in the suite?

Food, alcohol?

8 free tickets? Did I ever mention that Im free tomorrow and you are my favorite poster here on HF??

From what I remember, there is a menu up there, but the prices for things are super exorbitant. Like mind-numbing expensive. I think we just took the elevator down to the concourse and brought food back.

Beer and soda were in the fridge. I think its possible that each suite could be different though.

BroadwayJay*

so that seat in that photo is 319 row B? interesting because those are considered the Upper VIP and they are always sold at a premium price

Yes, that was 319 B.

Last night I sat in 329, Row A. It was a perfect seat, much more of what I expect from the Coli.

h1CWQaB.jpg

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I am not clear on something. Does your school district have a suite at Islanders games?

lol NO! It's a friend of my boss, not related to the DOE. I didn't word it clearly and also didn't really know where the tickets were coming from at first.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
lol NO! It's a friend of my boss, not related to the DOE. I didn't word it clearly and also didn't really know where the tickets were coming from at first.

Good to hear. As a homeowner on Long Island I would have smoke coming out of my ears if I found out school districts were somehow buying Islanders suites!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad