News Article: Nuge (Oilers-Senators)

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I mean, we have a GM that traded the likes of Seguin, Kessel, and Wheeler. Then he traded Hall for Larsson, picks for Reinhart, and Eberle for Strome. It wouldn't surprise me if Idiotrelli traded Nuge for Hoffman. Trading our scoring wingers away, and now we need scoring wingers. #FireChiarelli

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Rather keep Nuge. Fix the holes like Benning, Russell, and Caggiula. Fix the assistant coaching, anything but getting rid of nuge, Nothing against Hoffman, but I believe Nuge is the far better player and a big part of the solution. What a travesty if he is traded for a player that isn't top dmen like Karlsson or OEL. It would be such destruction for fan moral and the management has no ****ing clue what they are doing to us. STOP TRADING THE PLAYERS THAT ARE GOOD AND THAT WE LIKE!!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I do that trade because Hoffman has scored more goals each of the last 4 seasons than Nuge has ever scored and we need a goal scorer with McD.

Nuge is on top of his game right now but this typically occurs with him when he's had a long rest. Theres extended periods where Nuge doesn't get results.

Either that or we have to get Maroon back or somebody else.

I don't like that Hoffman is a small player but he can wire it. Nuge blew 3 grade A chances just yesterday.

Reactions: Mez

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
RNH is having one of his best seasons. To me he looks energized and has a jump in his step that I haven't seen for several years. I've seen him try to be more creative when carrying the puck when the past two seasons his go to play was a dump in. He's even playing a bit more feisty and not shying away from the physical contact like he used to. If Chiarelli trades RNH for Hoffman (and no offense to Hoffman who is an above average scorer) it will be the capper on his failed career as an NHL general manager. He should not only be fired, he should be run out of town on a rail.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Why Nugent-Hopkins is auditioning for both Oilers and Senators - Sportsnet.ca

Pierre Dorion has attended the last 2 Oilers games. There's speculation PD is scouting Nugey. If Chia trades him (especially for Hoffman which has been speculated), I don't know if I can follow this team anymore. That would be the icing on top.

Dorion has spoken with both Sweeney and Snow, and now wants in on getting good players for next to nothing.

Expect a Nuge/Klef for Cody Ceci deal in the next few weeks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
@harpoon This is probably the only time you can trade Nuge. I mean his contract was UNTRADEABLE the last 2 seasons.

Chia should have been prevented from trading Hall or Eberle. Nuge I don't think is the same caliber of player regardless of position played.

Nuge is also playing well currently after having a 2mth break and is fresh when most players are tired.

Add that 3 of his goals are empty net goals, 2 others were own goals where he passed across and the opponent tipped the puck in his own net and his play this year albeit good, is nothing out of this world.

Albeit Nuge is playing physical we still don't know if he sustains, or can sustain, or survives that physicality. The first few hits I've seen him take this season and he gets injured. He usually evades hits. He's getting belted being on the first line. lets see what he looks like even in half a dozen games from now.

I'm not convinced on Hoffman but I am convinced we need better wingers than we have and we need better players playing with McD and Drai.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Here it is again, Oiler fans overvaluing their own assets and setting themselves up for disappointment.
RNH for Hoffman is a very fair trade. I too value RNH's versatility over Hoffman but Hoffman is a 25-30 goal, 60 point player and has one of the best shots in the league. This is a guy who could very well score 40 on McDavid or Drai's wing so lets not act like the Oilers would get ripped off in this trade.

I'm not saying that I'd be over the moon about this trade but some of you are greatly overvaluing RNH here, and before anybody says it, Hoffman is not the same player as Eberle. He's fast and his shot is lethal, he doesn't spend any time dusting it off like Eberle did.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Stauffer just said on Oilers now that even if he knows who Sens are watching he’s not telling.

Goes on the remind listeners how much Dorian loves Drai from before his draft year.

Connect the dots.... then says de doubts Oilers and Sens ever get a deal done.

Reactions: ujju2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
^@Harpoon This is probably the only time you can trade Nuge. I mean his contract was UNTRADEABLE the last 2 seasons.

What in god's name are you talking about?

Chia should have been prevented from trading Hall or Eberle. Nuge I don't think is the same caliber of player regardless of position played.

Nuge is also playing well currently after having a 2mth break and is fresh when most players are tired.

Ah yeah, nothing refreshes like a broken collarbone. Maybe next Christmas someone should crack Drai's clavicle so he has something in the tank come spring.

Add that 3 of his goals are empty net goals, 2 others were own goals where he passed across and the opponent tipped the puck in his own net and his play this year albeit good, is nothing out of this world.

He has as many ES goals as Drai in 14 fewer games and without the benefit of prime McDavid time until the last two games. He's also the only C who has been able to make Lucic look like an NHL player this year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Here it is again, Oiler fans overvaluing their own assets and setting themselves up for disappointment.
RNH for Hoffman is a very fair trade. I too value RNH's versatility over Hoffman but Hoffman is a 25-30 goal, 60 point player and has one of the best shots in the league. This is a guy who could very well score 40 on McDavid or Drai's wing so lets not act like the Oilers would get ripped off in this trade.

I'm not saying that I'd be over the moon about this trade but some of you are greatly overvaluing RNH here, and before anybody says it, Hoffman is not the same player as Eberle. He's fast and his shot is lethal, he doesn't spend any time dusting it off like Eberle did.

Absolutely. Hoffman playing all day with McD is a 30 goal scorer, easy. With a chance at 40 as you say.

A year ago we wouldn't even be able to talk about a trade like this involving Nuge.

Hoffman has a pure and consistent one time shot. That is gold playing with either McD or Drai, or on PP. We've been missing that kind of trigger the whole time we've had the twin towers.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
I suspect Pulju is the player Ottawa is interested in.

Why would they want a big salary?

Spector doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Fixed the tags, care to try again?

Drai stated this season with a serious Concussion and played through the aftereffects.

Zero excuses were there, and from you, when he was struggling initially due to that.

Drai is not the topic of this thread in anycase.

lmfao about the EV goals. As stated 3 of Nuges were empty net goals. Another 2 were own goals. That's five of his precious EV goals right there.

Nuges career high is 24 goals through several seasons and while playing CONSTANTLY with Allstars.

If Nuge can perform Lucic magic then why aren't they together now? Because Lucic is a liability the last 40GP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad