Confirmed with Link: [NSH/TOR] Franson and Santorelli for Jokinen, Leipsic, 1st Pt. II

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Dude's played 1200+ regular season games, and only 6 playoff games. Could've been 10+ playoff games this season alone with the Predators

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Relax. He's playing with Clarkson. There's not much he can do.

so lets guess what will happen from now to the draft.

HOPEFULLY we dont go on any big win streaks, so we have a shot at 3rd 4th 5th OV

The higher pick we have the more likely we can sway it plus, for Connor. Again if Buffalo wins the lotto though there goes that (almost 100%) however if Edmonton wins the lotto we have a shot at getting that #1 OV :) I know its a dream but we need something.

Prior to that I would think Nonis holds onto Winnik the longest before making a deal. He wants a 2nd prospect of 2nd and 3rd pick. Id rather the 2nd and prospect. Teams are interested big time, and may not want to pay that now, but March 2nd as the time ticks, I think that'll change and who knows maybe a team offers a first (which would be insane BUT teams way over March 2nd. If Nonis moves him even a couple days before March 2nd I think that would be horrible, because of the above stated.

With Kessel, Phaneuf and Clarkson. I think we hold out until draft day or the days leading up to then (min until we know who wins Connor) remember Kessel cost us 2 firsts. He is still an elite scorer, 80 plus pts a season, so therefore consistent. He maybe be streaky but I doubt a team cares when he scores, I'd care more about how many points he puts up. Also imagine him with an elite center. While he and Boz have great chemistry, there is no denying you put him with a Staal, a Nuge, a Crosby etc he'd score way above that. Same goes for Dion he is only a -4 in this insane bad streak. He logs huge minutes and against top lines, those kinda D dont grow on trees. As for Clarkson, I feel the best way is to package him, if you look around the league when deals occur, there are sometimes players incl for pure cap dump. "ok ill do the deal but you gotta take this guy off my books. Like the J Gards trade..beauch for gards BUT we had to take Lupul. Or the most recent franny pick santa prospect but you have to take olli. I believe EDM would still love to have Clarky, so a deal with him and gardiner (as edm loves jake) could be the start of how we get that #1 pick.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
On kessel further...reports out of FLA is they really want him BUT wont give us a top young gun like Hubs,Barkov, Bujg...well then screw them PLUS I know he hasnt played an NHL game yet but I'd rather trade with Arizona. Grab Max Domi plus...again a guy of Kessel's scoring prowess isnt easy to come by. So I think we could easily get Domi in that deal and the NHL ready player who knows..OR you save Kessel for the when we know who wins the lotto..like Ive said dont see Buff ever trading that and this would be an overpay BUT Kessel our first and preds first for Connor, and a 2nd?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I think you ppl need to realise...lets break this deal down again

franson= 1st pic
santa= leipsic

olli was one of those..take him or no deal...he will be moved for before deadline either a pick or in a package deal

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I think you ppl need to realise...lets break this deal down again

franson= 1st pic
santa= leipsic

olli was one of those..take him or no deal...he will be moved for before deadline either a pick or in a package deal

I have no problem with Jokinen here at all. I've been saying we needed to take on guys like this for value for years. Jokinen will either be gone by March 2, or he'll be gone July 1st. In the meantime, we get a funny footnote in Leafs history.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I have no problem with Jokinen here at all. I've been saying we needed to take on guys like this for value for years. Jokinen will either be gone by March 2, or he'll be gone July 1st. In the meantime, we get a funny footnote in Leafs history.

yea...i though it was hilarious when nonis said on the fan590 "we arent trading all our players" ya really? you think lol

however I guess he has to watch what he says (tampering)...and as well im sure he is busier than the rumors suggest, other teams know our situation,

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
He's not Crosby...

:laugh: that's great

I really hope Leipsic can follow through once with the big boys, he's the key in this deal for me. I have little hope of the 1st being a top6/top 4 player with our drafting ability. Unless Hunter really is captaining the draft craft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad