Confirmed Trade: [NSH/OTT/COL] Duchene to OTT, Turris to NSH, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Bowers Girard Hammond Kamenev to COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sakic did well.

I'm not too familir with the prospects but seems like an awful lot for Duchene ..who..while very good isn't the type o would think would garner 7 pieces.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Uh...not really...

Does this quote sound familiar?

You can't trade turris and Ceci for Duchene. You won't find a bigger supporter of acquiring duchene here, but what's the point if turris is going the other way and you're adding a trade chip like Ceci? It's not that big an upgrade imo.

Apparently Turris + Ceci is too much, but when Colorado gets the value of equivalent of Turris + Bowers + 1st + 3rd, it's not really a good deal? I get Ottawa prefers keeping Ceci, but for the package of 2018 1st + Bowers + 3rd is worth more than Ceci to the Avs.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Apparently Turris + Ceci is too much, but when Colorado gets the value of equivalent of Turris + Bowers + 1st + 3rd, it's not really a good deal? I get Ottawa prefers keeping Ceci, but for the package of 2018 1st + Bowers + 3rd is worth more than Ceci to the Avs.

Emphasis on for the Avs there. Ceci and Turris was a non starter without question.

We'll trade Ceci, he'll be too expensive and he'll have to be replaced internally, but he'll net a really nice player on his own.

Wouldn't have been at all pleased if that was the deal

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I hope Duchene and Turris do well for their new clubs, but Joe Sakic did a fantastic job here. Took so much crap for the past 2 years, and if anybody proposed anything close to what he got on these forums, they would have been laughed out of here. Kudos to Super Joe.

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sakic did well.

I'm not too familir with the prospects but seems like an awful lot for Duchene ..who..while very good isn't the type o would think would garner 7 pieces.

As I and others have said before... none of those pieces are great ones. There's really only 5 that are worth anything (Girard, Kamenev, 1st, Bowers and the 2nd). And of those, I'd be surprised if two become top 6F/4D players. The 3rd is a 2019 3rd, which means you're talking about an asset that is 5-7 years away from being an NHLer - assuming they even make it, and Hammond was a cap dump from Ottawa.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Wouldn't trading Ceci have been just confusing? Ottawa wants to win right now so what's the point if they opt to add a top 4 dman instead of a bunch of futures on top of Turris?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I hope Duchene and Turris do well for their new clubs, but Joe Sakic did a fantastic job here. Took so much crap for the past 2 years, and if anybody proposed anything close to what he got on these forums, they would have been laughed out of here. Kudos to Super Joe.
I think one thing Sakic did well was making sure he brokered the trades on both fronts. That we he got a little extra value from both. For example, if he had let Ottawa trade Turris to Nashville and flip the assets to Colorado, Ottawa can say "well, that's 7 quality pieces there" for one guy. Versus now it's just 3 quality pieces for Turris, which is more than fair, and 4 quality pieces from Ottawa which is a less of an overpayment than if you consider that Ottawa would've found it harder to swallow giving up all 7 pieces themselves and consider maybe trimming down that 1st because "3 good prospects, a 2nd, and a 3rd" is enough for Duchene (or two 1sts, two 2nds and a 3rd if you consider Bowers and Girard as 1st round pick value). So cudos to Sakic for masquerading it as 3 pieces and 4 pieces for a #1C to the two teams.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Uh...not really...

It may not have killed Ottawa but it was a very nice haul. Girard is an excellent prospect, Bowers and Kamenev are both bigger Cs who have the skill to become middle 6ers, and then there's 3 more top 100 picks, including an exctra first in this stacked draft. That's a big haul for colorado.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Emphasis on for the Avs there. Ceci and Turris was a non starter without question.

We'll trade Ceci, he'll be too expensive and he'll have to be replaced internally, but he'll net a really nice player on his own.

Wouldn't have been at all pleased if that was the deal

I know. I'm just talking value because unless I misunderstood the "eh, not really" part of the previous post, you didn't think we got a potentially good haul?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The first is good, but it's a bunch of prospects and a minor league goalie. People were throwing around Hanifin or Ekholm on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad