NSH - COL Third Period - Best so far?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Besides Kick Bonino's BS awarded goal it was really great. Clenched buttocks all around.

Feb 24, 2017
Yes it was just like a month ago when the no name school beat the good team in college basketball

People love seeing excellence toppled, the more shocking the better

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
P3 of Penguins-Flyers last night was pretty awesome to me. Penguins with a lot of good chances, Neuvy on point, Couts returns to the lineup and pots one with just under 2 min to go.

But obviously I’m biased.

Reactions: MacBradley

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Interesting to follow the discussions between people how have watched every single minute of every playoff-game so far.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
It was a good goal, there was absolutely no reason to not count it. You can re-direct the puck with the blade of your skate by changing the angle of it, he did nothing wrong.
If this is a good goal, I wonder why there is some rule that wouldn’t allow the goal whether it’s kicked in or not. It was really confusing IMO he didn’t kicked the puck but clearly intentionally put his skate in angle to score, isn’t that some sort of kicking?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
If this is a good goal, I wonder why there is some rule that wouldn’t allow the goal whether it’s kicked in or not. It was really confusing IMO he didn’t kicked the puck but clearly intentionally put his skate in angle to score, isn’t that some sort of kicking?
Wow. No. Payers use their skates to redirect the puck all the time, and if it goes into the net as a result of that, it's a good goal. Only forward motion happening was his momentum. Does his skate blade EVER leave the ice surface? What kind of kicking do you do?

Reactions: LuG61

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Wow. No. Payers use their skates to redirect the puck all the time, and if it goes into the net as a result of that, it's a good goal. Only forward motion happening was his momentum. Does his skate blade EVER leave the ice surface? What kind of kicking do you do?
Actually, he does lift his skate off the ice. He also swings his foot forward with his skate off the ice. It was a kicking motion, and the NHL should be ashamed Of themselves for allowing it. The worst call since Brett Hull.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Actually, he does lift his skate off the ice. He also swings his foot forward with his skate off the ice. It was a kicking motion, and the NHL should be ashamed Of themselves for allowing it. The worst call since Brett Hull.
100%. Incorrect.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Even my girlfriend who doesn't know **** about hockey was surprised when Barberio got interfered without having the puck she said "Wow that's a penalty ?" I was like : "Nope it's in Nashville. I've seen some worse than this interference" and then she said "They should let refs that comes from Africa that doesn't know hockey it would be better" :laugh: After that this goal happened she couldn't believe it since I told her that there is no way the goal is allowed since the guy clearly kick the puck or does place his skate in an angle to score. Reversed :(

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
100%. Incorrect.

Definitely not 100 percent incorrect. It is not clear cut to decide either way. To me it looks like he misses the puck with his stick and then not to lose it, tries to control it with his leg. He moves his leg in the process in sort of "kicking" way, but its not the kind of kick like when in soccer you hit the ball directly straight up with your shin, its more akin to situation, when you try to one-time / deflect moving ball (someone else passed to you) into the net with the side of your foot. You can clearly see Bonino to "rotate" his ankle right before the puck hits his skate, that is no doubt deliberate move on his part.

I dont think however, that he really intended to do deflect it into the net, his intention was more likely just to stop the puck, then shoot it with his stick after that, things just happened too fast and puck went straight into net. Now the question is, do the referees judge intent or not?

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
They should judge on what happened. It' pretty clear that his leg swings forward and into the oncoming puck. Its clear that Boninos right leg is way farther out front than his left leg without actually taking a stride. It's also clear that for this to happen, bonino has to lift his right skate off the ice. Add these things up and it is a kicking motion resulting in a goal.
Colorado was down 3-1 in series and in a 0-0 game at the time. The problem with the call is that at very best it was a 50/50 play (if I'm generous) and the NHL was willing to kill Colorado's season over the call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad