Now that Time Warner Cable and Charter merged...

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I would like to know their respective reputations outside of the Greater Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties).

From I learned from observing both pre-merger companies, both tend to buy exclusivity rights for apartments, condo complexes, and street blocks.

I appreciate any info.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Never really dealt with Time Warner much.

I've had to deal with Charter quite a bit through work. I have no issues with their support but the problem is more how frequently I've had to contact them :laugh: That could be an area specific though, it's hard to tell. Anecdotally I find their service less reliable than Cox and Comcast.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I've had Charter for a few years and I don't really have any complaints about the service, it pretty much works all the time. Only really severe storms that knock off power in some areas cause my cable and/or WiFi to go out. I'm not too happy with the price though. We spend $140 a month for cable and WiFi. We upgraded the package a bit to get NBCSN and NHL Network. I'm definitely considering switching to Playstation Vue.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It seems like their reputation isn't as bad as Time Warner's, but it's hard to be that cartoonishly evil. Comcast has been able to keep up, but that's about it.

No experience with Charter yet myself...interested to see how it goes.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Late reply...

I have Charter here in Missoula, about twice as fast as I was paying for Comcast near Fresno.

Speeds are pretty good and consistent, usually can get close to the rated 60 Mbps during off-peak hours, even with wifi in my apartment. When I had Comcast, I was paying about the same, but only got a rated 30 Mbps, so to get double the speed is a bonus IMO.

Broadband in the US is still too expensive for what it is, but that's monopolies for you.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Late reply...

I have Charter here in Missoula, about twice as fast as I was paying for Comcast near Fresno.

Speeds are pretty good and consistent, usually can get close to the rated 60 Mbps during off-peak hours, even with wifi in my apartment. When I had Comcast, I was paying about the same, but only got a rated 30 Mbps, so to get double the speed is a bonus IMO.

Broadband in the US is still too expensive for what it is, but that's monopolies for you.

That sounds much better than Bresnan was when I lived there...I was lucky to get 4 Mbps with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad