Nova Scotia has another 14 year old dominating Major Midget like Crosby did

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
No Dart, Duffy, Orr and Hynes are all among North Americas best 92s. Dart I would put in the top 5 players in Canada for his age, Orr and Hynes I would put in the top 10 players in Canada for their age. Duffy actually might be the #1 player in Canada for his age, ahead of Balisy. Dart is better than McFarland IMO and so is Hynes and Orr. Not just saying that because I am from the maritimes, but saying that because I have seen Balisy play and Duffy impresses me more and Dart, Hynes and Orr are just not known too much yet outside of the Maritimes but these guys dominate where ever they play. So I was able to assess how the players look and rank since I seen them all play and that is my opinion.

Dart and Orr are playing for Sackville Bantam AAA again this year, even though Chris Dart had 101 pts as a 13 year old last year in Bantam. and Kody Orr had 72 points as a 13 year old. This year Dart is aiming for more than 200 pts and Orr is on pace for about 150 pts himself.

Brandon Hynes is playing for Western Kings Midget AAA in Newfoundland, and is the 2nd top scorer in the league as a 14 year old. http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeyscene/team_content.jsp?type=stats&lid=6&tid=12 Hynes is playing in the AAA league with Travis Randell who is one of the best 91s in all of North Amercia, Randell plays for the St John's Mapleleafs here and should be a top 3 pick in this years QMJHL draft.
then i should really put them on my "look out for"-list.:)
one thing about randell though..didn't he play for a team named central something?

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Does anyone know where i can get video of these east coast prospects ? that will likly be taking the QMJHL route ?

RGOboston

Oct 26, 2006
I've been looking around at different sites similar to this one, and it seems Duffy, Dart, and Orr are quite a topic! Here is some more "hype" on these and other players mentioned often. I won't take credit, this is anothers opinion...

Ben Duffy. F Halifax McDonalds could be the best 92 in the World at the moment, he is playing Major Midget as a 14 year old, only the 2nd since Sidney Crosby to do so in Nova Scotia and is dominating like Crosby did, as Duffy has 16 points in 6 games so far. Just an amazing talent.

Chris Dart. F Sackville Bantam Flyers, last year he and Duffy played on the same line in Sackville, Dart was suppose to be the one to get special exception rule, not Duffy, Dart is every bit as good as Duffy, and his offensive productivity could surpase Duffys later down the road

Kody Orr. F Sackville Bantam Flyers, was the other piece of the puzzle for the Duffy, Dart line in Bantam last year, a true PF, Orr hits like a truck, skates fast, great size (6', 160 lbs), super soft hands, goes to the net, amazing playmaking and passing skills, has good hands around the net, plays two way. A true superstar.

Brandon Hayes. F NFLD Midget AAA, another 14 year old playing AAA in newfoundland, dominating the league by becomming 2nd scorer in the entire league right now. Slick puck handling skills, amazing moves with the puck, great speed and agility, very good goal scorer and passing skills. A true superstar in the making.

Alex Noel. F Moncton Flyers, yet another 14 year old playing AAA in New Brunswick, small but amazing speed and stick handling, great vision and a very explosive offensive player, he is a great goal scorer who makes goalies look dumb.

Sean Courtier. F Merimechi. Another 14 year old playing New Brunswick AAA, Courtier is very fluid on the ice, very big at 6'2. Great speed, strength and all around offensive skills make him a dangerous and star in the making prospect.

Jordan Moore. D Cornwall, Playing Midget AAA in PEI, this guy is a Phaneauf type of D-man, super hard hitting, great shot from the point, plays great defense, amazing reads of plays and works the puck around well. Always in great position for anything he does. Possible the best d-man in Eastern Canada for his age.

Casey Babineau. D Pictou, Different style player than Moore but not far off in impact and talent, two way d-man slick skating, slick passing, amazing awareness, great QB, very mature, and always in super position on the ice.

Matthew Bissonnette. F Quebec, great size, passing skills and stickhandling, great awareness on the ice, and super offensive ability, a real star from Quebec.

With all this info, Why even have Scouts! Good luck to all of these boys!

Leif

Aug 19, 2005
Seattle
Any chance of one of them coming to the University of Maine? It seems to be our new angle (getting recruits from eastern canada, atlantic to be specific)

RGOboston

Oct 26, 2006
Why are we not hearing about any 1992 born players from Quebec? Surely there are many good players standing out there. Is the Maritimes (and what appears to be alot of outstanding players in Nova Scotia) that good, or is it just alot of hype. I find it hard to believe when you look at minor hockey player numbers at the AAA, AA and Tier1 level in said provinces.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Why are we not hearing about any 1992 born players from Quebec? Surely there are many good players standing out there. Is the Maritimes (and what appears to be alot of outstanding players in Nova Scotia) that good, or is it just alot of hype. I find it hard to believe when you look at minor hockey player numbers at the AAA, AA and Tier1 level in said provinces.

92 from Quebec isn't the greatest, but one guy is already head and shoulders abover the rest, he is playing Midet Espoir this year which is between bantam and Midget AAA, the league is like a Midget AA league. His name is Guillaume Asselin, plays for the Quebec Cyclons, the stats I have because I didn't check him up recently is 2 games 2 goals 2 points, he is 5'09/150 already at 14 years old.

Bryzga lol*

I suppose it's because the names mentioned in the thread title are from the maritimes.

Quebec might not have quality players like Duffy and Orr, but I'm sure they have quite a few QMJHL propects. Quebec has about 3 times the maritime population or more.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
Sean Courtier. F Merimechi. Another 14 year old playing New Brunswick AAA, Courtier is very fluid on the ice, very big at 6'2. Great speed, strength and all around offensive skills make him a dangerous and star in the making prospect.

I think you mean Sean Couturier.
He is the son of former pro Sylvain Couturier, who is now the GM of the QMJHL Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Who's the top ranked guy who's going in draft 2009 who is supposed to be the next Crosby?
Steven Anthony is probably the guy you're talking about..He was talked a bit about round here last year(and this year), but he will by no means bethe next Crosby. He played for Holderness Prep last year as a 14 year old, IIRC, and is now playing for the Dartmouth Subways in the same midget league as Ben Duffy, and is doing pretty good, I think..

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Steven Anthony is probably the guy you're talking about..He was talked a bit about round here last year(and this year), but he will by no means bethe next Crosby. He played for Holderness Prep last year as a 14 year old, IIRC, and is now playing for the Dartmouth Subways in the same midget league as Ben Duffy, and is doing pretty good, I think..

well Steve Anthony is the top prospect for the 2007 QMJHL draft, and is a potential top 5 pick prospect for the 2009 NHL draft, he is dominating Major Midget this year and is the leading scorer in the league. You want to find stats and him and Duffy go to http://www.nsmmhl.com Anthony is on Dartmouth and Duffy is on Halifax

Bryzga lol*

Who's the top ranked guy who's going in draft 2009 who is supposed to be the next Crosby?

I think he's talking about John Tavares?

We'll see how much he progresses within the next few years.

GSK*

92 from Quebec isn't the greatest, but one guy is already head and shoulders abover the rest, he is playing Midet Espoir this year which is between bantam and Midget AAA, the league is like a Midget AA league. His name is Guillaume Asselin, plays for the Quebec Cyclons, the stats I have because I didn't check him up recently is 2 games 2 goals 2 points, he is 5'09/150 already at 14 years old.

That didn't mean nothing.

At age of 14, I was 5'10 !

At age of 20, I'm 5'11.

Big Deal :banana:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Randell

I watched Travis Randell play on sunday night. He was the best skater on the ice. His stats are not that good but it's because of the line he is on. I mean his stats are pretty good but compared to the rest of the team he isnt doing that well. The leasing point getter on the leafs is Chris Thorne. Believe it or not i played him in an all newfoundland "J" tournament 2 years ago. Quite a jump eh. Went from bantam J to AAA midget.
P.S. Chris thorne's bantam team "Whitbourne" bet us in the finals :(

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I watched Travis Randell play on sunday night. He was the best skater on the ice. His stats are not that good but it's because of the line he is on. I mean his stats are pretty good but compared to the rest of the team he isnt doing that well.

Very good point...we have him ranked 3rd as of now...which is fairly high for a guy whos at .50 ppg in Midget AAA.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
where did you find the rankings for the 07 Q draft? and by the way does anybody know where jordan escott is playing. He showed up at the first AAA maple leafs try-out and was probally the best one there but then he moved to ontario. Randell wasnt there, neither were any other players that were at training camps in the Q such as thorne. His brother is Colin Escott who is playing with gatineau.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
where did you find the rankings for the 07 Q draft? and by the way does anybody know where jordan escott is playing. He showed up at the first AAA maple leafs try-out and was probally the best one there but then he moved to ontario. Randell wasnt there, neither were any other players that were at training camps in the Q such as thorne. His brother is Colin Escott who is playing with gatineau.

Escott is playing Midget AAA in Toronto with the Red WIngs i believe, dont quote me on that though.

Colin Escott has since left Gatineau...

You sent me a PM on the first part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->